Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** best losers in sec.JPG

Time to get an opinion from The CAW...

That's not a connection I'd have considered possible. It seems so random.

Seems like a connections/fundraising move. But I ain't fixin to read about too much gatory stuff.

Looking forward to him running UF into the ground.

Advertisement
Looking forward to him running UF into the ground.

You don't think that heading a TINY private religious college in rural Nebraska for 4 years will translate into running the University of Flagship? I mean, that kind of hiring strategery obviously paid off with Sunbelt Billy and his G5 staph...

You don't think that heading a TINY private religious college in rural Nebraska for 4 years will translate into running the University of Flagship? I mean, that kind of hiring strategery obviously paid off with Sunbelt Billy and his G5 staph...
To be fair, the university president is strictly a figurehead. It was the same with Shalala. Was good for fundraising efforts and can lobby the federal government for funding because of connections

To be fair, the university president is strictly a figurehead. It was the same with Shalala. Was good for fundraising efforts and can lobby the federal government for funding because of connections

I don't think the job is a "figurehead", which I also think is different from a "CEO university president". Nobody says you have to be an "academic" to be a good university president, but you definitely have to understand how academic research works, how it is funded, and how it is monetized by your institution.

That's why I think Sasse is going to struggle when transitioning from a tiny NON-research school (enrollment ranged from 600 to 1300) to a massive Top 40 "flagship" state university with a major research mission. He can hire a bunch of guys to help him, but if he doesn't know what to do, he'll be underwater in no time.

I don't think the job is a "figurehead", which I also think is different from a "CEO university president". Nobody says you have to be an "academic" to be a good university president, but you definitely have to understand how academic research works, how it is funded, and how it is monetized by your institution.

That's why I think Sasse is going to struggle when transitioning from a tiny NON-research school (enrollment ranged from 600 to 1300) to a massive Top 40 "flagship" state university with a major research mission. He can hire a bunch of guys to help him, but if he doesn't know what to do, he'll be underwater in no time.
That’s a very reasonable assessment. But I’m the world of academic funding, political connections and a direct line to the senate may be more valuable than experience. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you. It’s very equivalent to jumping from Louisiana to UF. But, he already has the direct lines of the important people that make the decisions that will make him successful. It would be like if saban and belichik rush to the phone every time napier calls. Political affiliation aside, he knows powerful people. Truthfully, i think he’s just seeing the writing on the wall in his party since he’s viewed as a Liz Cheney turncoat. Smart to get out before he loses a reelection bid

Advertisement

No brainer for him, dumb leadership decision by UF

That’s a very reasonable assessment. But I’m the world of academic funding, political connections and a direct line to the senate may be more valuable than experience. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you. It’s very equivalent to jumping from Louisiana to UF. But, he already has the direct lines of the important people that make the decisions that will make him successful. It would be like if saban and belichik rush to the phone every time napier calls. Political affiliation aside, he knows powerful people. Truthfully, i think he’s just seeing the writing on the wall in his party since he’s viewed as a Liz Cheney turncoat. Smart to get out before he loses a reelection bid

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say, but his Senate seat was not up again until 2026. Four years is a long time. If Trump didn't run in 2024 (or lost), the "but he didn't support Trump" thing becomes far less important.

I'm just pointing out, there are different kinds of "fund-raising" for a university. I think he will do well in some areas, and less well in other areas. I also don't think he will be a "seasoned pro" at having to make resource allocation decisions, or identify what new up-and-coming areas of research are going to be big money-makers down the road.

Just my 2 cents.

While I know **** well that these pols are taking more grease than my slicked back hair, a university president job is a massive salary raise. It's a no-brainer for him.

I personally hopes he tanks the Flagship.

Advertisement
While I know **** well that these pols are taking more grease than my slicked back hair, a university president job is a massive salary raise. It's a no-brainer for him.

I personally hopes he tanks the Flagship.

Difference is that pols salary along with the hospitalization and other perks are for life no matter what happens..

So I’m watching the gators game. It cracked me up that they spent 5-6 minutes talking about Desmond Watson and how nervous the Missouri center must be having to block him. Meanwhile, for about four straight plays, Watson makes zero plays, has zero impact, a thirty yard rush happens straight at him and he gets pancaked twice. I love that they keep trying to make this kid happen. He is just not good in any way

So I’m watching the gators game. It cracked me up that they spent 5-6 minutes talking about Desmond Watson and how nervous the Missouri center must be having to block him. Meanwhile, for about four straight plays, Watson makes zero plays, has zero impact, a thirty yard rush happens straight at him and he gets pancaked twice. I love that they keep trying to make this kid happen. He is just not good in any way
but...but...he's big

Advertisement
Back