Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Difference is that pols salary along with the hospitalization and other perks are for life no matter what happens..
But don’t forget, now he gets 80% pension from the taxpayers for life, in addition to his university president salary and benefits. It’s criminal how much pols get in taxpayer subsidized pension.

We Did It Love GIF by CBC

Advertisement
His views on same *** marriage and climate change are definitely at the forefront of this decision :6fps6:.

It's not simply about "forefront of this decision". We have already discussed the VAST difference between the job he held at a tiny religious private school vs. a job at a massive public research institution.

But he would also preside over a school that DOES climate change research and IS MADE UP OF people who are more diverse than what he encountered at Midland. So these are not unimportant considerations.

There are also very relevant issues with how Florida JUST changed the process of hiring state university presidents, essentially reducing the transparency and heightening the secrecy.

All of this is valid for discussion.

Advertisement
It's not simply about "forefront of this decision". We have already discussed the VAST difference between the job he held at a tiny religious private school vs. a job at a massive public research institution.

But he would also preside over a school that DOES climate change research and IS MADE UP OF people who are more diverse than what he encountered at Midland. So these are not unimportant considerations.

There are also very relevant issues with how Florida JUST changed the process of hiring state university presidents, essentially reducing the transparency and heightening the secrecy.

All of this is valid for discussion.

I don't doubt that at all. I think bottom line is President has to have the school operating efficiently and performing at a high level financially. His thoughts on same *** marriage don't factor into that too much in my opinion, but you do make good points of where it could.

I would be willing to bet this was not organized by UF students and by people who do not want a conservative running such a powerful institution.

Advertisement
Looks like they got a commit today but unfortunately that did not give them enough to pass us. So they are behind us but have 4 more commits.

They got Thornton and Dijon today . Nice haul for them but expected. Passed us by 5 points it looks like but do have 5 more commits

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back