Tears Gator Tears

So how does this gator commit Florida Competition 1/2 star bump thing work exactly? You know, the one I screenshot yesterday that got into @Dwinstitles video.

Like if Jalen Brown committed to them as a 5 star, does he automatically go to a 5 1/2 star and the top of the points board for the composite or is he capped at 5 star status?

Also, he’s technically out of the 350 mile footprint. Does that matter?

Finally, would he get that same bump if he committed to Miami or is it a gator only perk?

Here is the absolutely ******* hilarious thing about the whole "Florida competition" half-star bump.

I think many of us could possibly see a way to agree that competition level matters, and that some kids are better-prepared and tougher due to facing better competition.

It's true in Dade-Broward-Palm Beach. It's true in Orange-Seminole-Osceola-Volusia. It's true in Hillsborough-Pinellas. It's true in Manatee-Lee-Collier. It's true in Duval.

But think about this.

They took 2 kids from Buchholz. They have a kid from Rockledge and a kid from Eustis. They took a kid from Trinity Christian Academy and another one from Trinity Christian School. Half of their recruiting class cannot possibly qualify for this "but they play big-boy football in Florida" half-star bump.

The Gaytors are going to try to diminish Miami's great out-of-state recruits and throw a halo effect over their guys by claiming a Florida half-star bump they not only don't deserve, but don't even qualify for.

Bunch of bullcrap.

Advertisement
Here is the absolutely ******* hilarious thing about the whole "Florida competition" half-star bump.

I think many of us could possibly see a way to agree that competition level matters, and that some kids are better-prepared and tougher due to facing better competition.

It's true in Dade-Broward-Palm Beach. It's true in Orange-Seminole-Osceola-Volusia. It's true in Hillsborough-Pinellas. It's true in Manatee-Lee-Collier. It's true in Duval.

But think about this.

They took 2 kids from Buchholz. They have a kid from Rockledge and a kid from Eustis. They took a kid from Trinity Christian Academy and another one from Trinity Christian School. Half of their recruiting class cannot possibly qualify for this "but they play big-boy football in Florida" half-star bump.

The Gaytors are going to try to diminish Miami's great out-of-state recruits and throw a halo effect over their guys by claiming a Florida half-star bump they not only don't deserve, but don't even qualify for.

Bunch of bullcrap.
Well what sucks for them is a bunch of our kids(3 so far) will now in fact play in Florida and at the premier HS in the country and they play the best of best in the country not just Florida.

those 4 stars they getting are the project 4 stars, we used to get them. U hit on very few then most are roster fillers or jags or portal guys. U cant build like that u will lose alot of games u should win.

Plus, a lot of the 4-stars who end up being overrated (when all is said and done) were guys who got hyped back in their junior years and have been riding that momentum.

The reality is that there are only 3 months of senior-year HS football betwee September and Early Signing Day in December. But a lot of kids commit by then. So with this new trend of December signings, unless the 247/Rivals/ESPN/on3 decide to REVISE the rankings based on extra-crappy senior year play, then the junior year stats really become "the profile".

No more chance for "late-bloomers" to rise up the rankings. And plenty of chance for over-hyped juniors to get ranked in a way that is based off of one good year, instead of a holistic evaluation. Like Marcus Stokes. His junior year is ALL HE HAS. And we're supposed to believe he is a top talent QB. A 4-star. A guy who will only get better as a senior. Yeaaaahhhh, right.

Remember how Texas used to LOAD UP on the top Texas kids a year in advance, and everyone raved about how great their recruiting was? Yeah, how did that turn out?

Thanks, Gaytors, just keep doing Gaytor things. You've given me Gaytor Tears for five years, here's to five more!

Well what sucks for them is a bunch of our kids(3 so far) will now in fact play in Florida and at the premier HS in the country and they play the best of best in the country not just Florida.

Yeah. If the "Florida half-star bump" was a thing, what would the "IMG bump" be?

We have a 3-to-1 advantage on the Gaytors for having IMG kids committed.

Oh, and remember when they got Knijeah (Manny offer, but not a Mario take) and they were bragging about how they were just about to lock down IMG?

Yeah, I don't forget corny/false ****e like that.

It may have been @Dwinstitles who said this - maybe on a video - but Napier as a whole - reminds me a lot of Al Golden minus the used car salesman thing people being up (no offense to car salesmen). Actually a combo of Golden and Manny.

He’s probably a better version of Golden’s resume and clout when he went from temple to UM. He’s recruiting identically to Manny minus the QBs. He’s getting the overrated 4 stars like Manny did.
I’m not certain his resume was that much better than Golden’s. Golden was a pretty good defensive coordinator for uva, then completely built temple up when they’d been a perennial laughing stock. But it will be fun to see what the rise in expectations does to little bill

Advertisement

But think about this.

Bunch of bullcrap.
I’m addition, they got a single IMG kid and are bragging about how Napier can recruit IMG. Meanwhile, Mario grabbed 2 5 stars out of IMG already

I don’t think they realize that it’s not an insult to us it’s actually comforting to us that we’re finally legit in the game. We’ll kill these SEC bag schools with Mario and bags behind us as will USC with Riley and bags.
yes and no. Its just silly how they think EVERY recruit we get we dropped a bag.

Advertisement
FB45B419-B618-4F94-BB9E-BA2125FEAA82.jpeg

I guess Kinsler not being a take for us right now really threw a monkey wrench in their “Ruiz paid him to troll us” argument.
I don’t know that this is accurate either unless someone trustworthy told you otherwise. I haven’t asked anyone here about Kinsler. With that being said, I think it’s entirely possible that it’s Kinsler looking for NIL offers with all of the new interest he’s gotten.

But think about this.

Bunch of bullcrap.
Isn’t Trinity Christian Academy in duval? I thought it was a jax area school.

Advertisement
I don’t know that this is accurate either unless someone trustworthy told you otherwise. I haven’t asked anyone here about Kinsler. With that being said, I think it’s entirely possible that it’s Kinsler looking for NIL offers with all of the new interest he’s gotten.
I’m just putting two and two together. I assumed that if he really was a priority, he would have committed here after dropping the gators. But it’s been a while, he’s already OV’d and still not committed. Maybe he’s shopping for an NIL deal? I would assume that was already discussed with Miami during his visit. Maybe Miami’s NIL offer wasn’t what he was expecting. Just a weird situation. A lower ranked kid commits to UF out of the blue. Apparently he was a target for Miami but nobody ever mentioned him anywhere prior to committing to UF. Still, he was definitely on Miami’s board because he takes a OV to Coral Gables a week after committing to Florida and immediately de-commits from UF. To me and pretty much everyone else this screamed “I’m going to Miami”. Yet here we are with no commitment while our staff is turning up the heat on bigger name prospects. This means either: Kinsler is a plan B kid or he was a take but started asking for a bit too much NIL.

I don’t know anything more than what I read here and a couple other places. Just playing detective.

I’m just putting two and two together. I assumed that if he really was a priority, he would have committed here after dropping the gators. But it’s been a while, he’s already OV’d and still not committed. Maybe he’s shopping for an NIL deal? I would assume that was already discussed with Miami during his visit. Maybe Miami’s NIL offer wasn’t what he was expecting. Just a weird situation. A lower ranked kid commits to UF out of the blue. Apparently he was a target for Miami but nobody ever mentioned him anywhere prior to committing to UF. Still, he was definitely on Miami’s board because he takes a OV to Coral Gables a week after committing to Florida and immediately de-commits from UF. To me and pretty much everyone else this screamed “I’m going to Miami”. Yet here we are with no commitment while our staff is turning up the heat on bigger name prospects. This means either: Kinsler is a plan B kid or he was a take but started asking for a bit too much NIL.

I don’t know anything more than what I read here and a couple other places. Just playing detective.
It’s been mentioned recently that spots are quickly filling up. If Kinsler keeps ******* around, he’ll lose his spot if there was even a spot to lose. Additionally, I don’t think it would sit well with Mario and Co if he’s shopping around for a better deal.

It’s been mentioned recently that spots are quickly filling up. If Kinsler keeps ******* around, he’ll lose his spot if there was even a spot to lose. Additionally, I don’t think it would sit well with Mario and Co if he’s shopping around for a better deal.
What is a bit odd is that I thought a major part of his decision was due to the Mirabal / Cristobal OL coaching reputation and getting developed for the next level. At this point what is the big deal about a few more NIL dollars.

Advertisement

I think he’s a take and the interest he’s now getting has made him look into NIL value. I don’t blame him but we are also on a schedule of our own as well.

It may have been @Dwinstitles who said this - maybe on a video - but Napier as a whole - reminds me a lot of Al Golden minus the used car salesman thing people being up (no offense to car salesmen). Actually a combo of Golden and Manny.

He’s probably a better version of Golden’s resume and clout when he went from temple to UM. He’s recruiting identically to Manny minus the QBs. He’s getting the overrated 4 stars like Manny did.
Napier IS NOT a better coach than Al Golden.

That's not an Al Golden endorsement, so that tells you about Napier. ****, I think Manny is slightly better than Napier. And Manny sucks.

Napier is gonna have one good year. And his one good year won't even reach 10 wins.

As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet he's gonna be worse than Manny.

Advertisement
Back