Tears Gator Tears

Isn’t Trinity Christian Academy in duval? I thought it was a jax area school.

Right. But it's certainly not a 7A Florida public high school. What the Gaytors fail to acknowledge is that "Florida competition" is something that involves the great Florida high schools playing each other, not a couple of single-A religious schools battling it out.

If Webb played at Bartram Trail, he'd be playing some good competition. "In-state Florida recruits" isn't just about geography, it's about level of competition. And Trinity Christian Academy ain't that.

Advertisement
Thinking short term can often cost one in the long term.

My buddy always says that about his business… short term there was some losses and struggles but he knew if he stuck the course it would pay dividends and it has considering he’s retired at 48

1657468382591.gif

Here is the absolutely ******* hilarious thing about the whole "Florida competition" half-star bump.

I think many of us could possibly see a way to agree that competition level matters, and that some kids are better-prepared and tougher due to facing better competition.

It's true in Dade-Broward-Palm Beach. It's true in Orange-Seminole-Osceola-Volusia. It's true in Hillsborough-Pinellas. It's true in Manatee-Lee-Collier. It's true in Duval.

But think about this.

They took 2 kids from Buchholz. They have a kid from Rockledge and a kid from Eustis. They took a kid from Trinity Christian Academy and another one from Trinity Christian School. Half of their recruiting class cannot possibly qualify for this "but they play big-boy football in Florida" half-star bump.

The Gaytors are going to try to diminish Miami's great out-of-state recruits and throw a halo effect over their guys by claiming a Florida half-star bump they not only don't deserve, but don't even qualify for.

Bunch of bullcrap.
And don't forget about the new high school classification in Florida that they came up with so those backwood schools won't have to play teams from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Duval, etc. Like you said the real competition in the state is in the Urban areas.

Advertisement
What is a bit odd is that I thought a major part of his decision was due to the Mirabal / Cristobal OL coaching reputation and getting developed for the next level. At this point what is the big deal about a few more NIL dollars.
Yeah, I mean he’s really an under the radar prospect and would likely be fielding G5 offers right now if he hadn’t caught the attention of two OL maestros in Miami. He’s making a name for himself pretty much by being a target for Mario.

when did kids getting paid what their value is for the services they provide to these billion dollar institutions become character issues? do they think ****** players dont want to get paid too? they think they just work for free? ****, Billy should donate his salary to Save the Children bc if he takes money for coaching players for free, hes a character issue too.

Advertisement
View attachment 197165
It’s always about flip season for these guys.
I love that they are hanging on the atmosphere aspect of it all. It’s not like Miami game attendance is a new thing. Like I said, they care more about living in high rises overlooking the ocean with thick model latinas living next door than game day BS. We always sell out the big games though.

View attachment 197165

They’re firing up the super reliable Gator Flipz Machine. It’s an incredible machine that allows them to flip any prospect in the country, or so they think.

@RVACane i think a flip machine gif is needed. Andrew expects it on his desk by tomorrow EOD.

when did kids getting paid what their value is for the services they provide to these billion dollar institutions become character issues? do they think ****** players dont want to get paid too? they think they just work for free? ****, Billy should donate his salary to Save the Children bc if he takes money for coaching players for free, hes a character issue too.
Not even the elite players are getting paid anywhere close to their value to the institution.

Napier IS NOT a better coach than Al Golden.

That's not an Al Golden endorsement, so that tells you about Napier. ****, I think Manny is slightly better than Napier. And Manny sucks.

Napier is gonna have one good year. And his one good year won't even reach 10 wins.

As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet he's gonna be worse than Manny.
We’ll see how Napier stacks up in P5 against those HC titans in Alf and Manny as now he gets his chance.

He’s not in Mario’s class.

Advertisement
View attachment 197165
I think they are underestimating the atmosphere this year at the Rock. There are a ton of front runners in Miami due to the competition for the entertainment dollar but if we are winning they will be out in full force. Multiple full houses this year.

I love that they are hanging on the atmosphere aspect of it all. It’s not like Miami game attendance is a new thing. Like I said, they care more about living in high rises overlooking the ocean with thick model latinas living next door than game day BS. We always sell out the big games though.
It doesn't have to be big games.

Check out the 2017 season after a good finish to '16.
After we finally beat FSU to go 4-0, our next 4 5 games at home:
GT- 55,000
SU- 56,000
VT- 63,900
ND-65,300
UVA- 63,400
*HRS max capacity- 65,300

If we win, they will come (and join us usual suspects).
For the big games, like the Gator in '25, we will be thee loudest stadium in the county.
Just ask Herbie...

Herbstreit after ND-
ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in.

Foster after VT-
“I have been to a bunch of games here…I think the closest to the atmosphere they had here tonight was when [Michael] Vick came in his sophomore year. They beat us. We were a top-five football program at that time. I have not seen the atmosphere here like this in a long, long time. It was a good night for the Canes.”

Give me 50 or 60 thousand rabid SOB's per game and I'm good.

EDIT- Added UVA game

Last edited:

After we finally beat FSU to go 4-0, our next 4 games at home:
GT- 55,000
SU- 56,000
VT- 63,900
ND-65,300

For the big games, like the Gator in '25, we will be thee loudest stadium in the county.
Just ask Herbie...

Herbstreit after ND-
ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in.

Foster after VT-
“I have been to a bunch of games here…I think the closest to the atmosphere they had here tonight was when [Michael] Vick came in his sophomore year. They beat us. We were a top-five football program at that time. I have not seen the atmosphere here like this in a long, long time. It was a good night for the Canes.”

Gave those golden domer fans migraines that night.

Advertisement

After we finally beat FSU to go 4-0, our next 4 games at home:
GT- 55,000
SU- 56,000
VT- 63,900
ND-65,300

Just ask Herbie...

Herbstreit after ND-

Foster after VT-

Especially when about 15,000 of them are ready to fight at the drop of the hat.

And if no one else will - they'll even drop the hat!

View attachment 197165

It's always about "gameday environment" with these morons as well.

Sadly for Slevin, he has no idea how UM's ticket demand has skyrocketed. Unless we have 7 hurricanes on 7 of our gamedays, we are going to have huge enthusiastic crowds this year.

And the Gaytors are going to have the same sadsack crowds when they go 6-6 this year.

Advertisement
Back