Tears Gator Tears

5D49A226-0B15-4EE8-A273-56B5EC9C60C2.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks man..we aren’t expecting Sydir Mitchell? I see he’s supposed to commit this afternoon

Not expecting him. Anything could happen, of course, but I'm not one of these "until the last minute" Gaytor fans holding out hope.

The game of announcements/crystal balls/calling coaches has become so sophisticated that the "last 72 hours" of predictions have become fairly accurate. Not too many REAL shockers happening.

Not expecting him. Anything could happen, of course, but I'm not one of these "until the last minute" Gaytor fans holding out hope.

The game of announcements/crystal balls/calling coaches has become so sophisticated that the "last 72 hours" of predictions have become fairly accurate. Not too many REAL shockers happening.
Did he even OV here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where did that whole “eliminated” thing come from?

There was some F$U porster who posted that a couple of times on the F$U board when they lost recruits ("Delaware Nole" or something like that).

It was so funny that we just kept repeating it every time the Noles failed to make the finalists for a particular recruit.

This ****e is soooo funny. Not just about Sorey, but about Gaytor recruiting generally. Just a few hours ago, I posted about how the Gaytors obviously pressured Kinsler to make a commitment because they were so desperate for a recruiting win, and the same thing is happening here.

Plus, take a look at all the "Gaytor recruiting momentum". I saw one of their porsters talk about how they just got 3 4-stars in 5 days (it was 7 days)...

---Isaiah Nixon (St. Petersburg) - OK this one might be a legit choice, devoid of pressure and coercion.
---Gavin Hill (Gainesville) - Kid goes to BUCHHOLZ. His school district border starts...across the street from UiF. This would be the equivalent of UM losing a 4-star from Coral Gables High. DEFINITELY pressured to pick the Gaytors more quickly.
---Sharif Denson (Jacksonville) - People need to understand how close Bartram Trail is to Gainesville. Bartram Trail is so far south in Jax that it's not even in Jax (since the City of Jacksonville and Duval County are identical, they merged as entities), it's in ST. JOHNS COUNTY. All the kid has to do is take the 16 to the 21 to the 26 and he's in Downtown Hogtown. DEFINITELY pressured to pick the Gaytors more quickly, AND HE'S A LEGACY.

And when you factor in Kinsler (Ocala) and Sorey (CHIPLEY, sure it's north of Tally, but it's still country as fvck), you will see that Gaypier is using the Manny Diaz Approach to Recruiting, i.e., winning the winnable local battles.

And look at those Gaytor responses. Sure, Miami and Alabama (two of Sorey's four finalists) are going to CHANGE THEIR MINDS on Sorey. Why? Because we are desperate star-whores? Yesterday, all the Gaytors were talking about how Sorey will be better on defense than on offense...and somehow Miami and/or Alabama will be dumb enough to "change their minds" on taking Sorey as a WR? Oh, but but but Auburn, his other finalist, must be the reason. WHY? No answer to that. Has Auburn been making money moves and I just slept through it?

Obviously, the kid from Chipley doesn't want to be a Gaytor SOOOOOO bad that he is going to try to scavenge some new offers.

As for Miami, outside of the January "pre-OC, pre-WR coach, pre-Alonzo offer", what has Miami done to recruit Sorey? UV? OV? Contact? Effort?

But, sure, Miami is a "finalist". And maybe the Gaytors will "beat Miami head-to-head" for Sorey.

Advertisement
Back