Tears Gator Tears

That thread is priceless.... Northern Gator is going all in on QueJay...

"If true" is the thing, though. For all we know, Que's source pulled an absurd number out of his rectal cavity and slapped it on yet another recruiting failure in order to make it seem like it was our staff's decision to bow out.

The single most honest thing Northern Gaytor has ever said.

Advertisement
That’s coming from what I think is a guy with his name on buildings there.

Who is delusional.

Napier may be organized and a good guy. May even be a good coach. He’s clearly not ready for prime time. Reminds me more and more of Fuente at Va Tech. His staff is G5 / low P5 totally underwhelming.

They don’t have the money to compete may be true, though part of that is probably the fact the bag men aren’t enamored by Napier. But more importantly, they’re not getting outbid for Rashada. He just doesn’t want to go there. Take away the bag advantage these SEC team have had and Miami and LA look a lot more attractive to a recruit than Gainesville or Clemson SC.

SRGators:

we will get some of the 5 stars out there no question. we will do fine end of the day. I wouldn't count them out (Baxter and Cormani)

some have a really deep pockets person, or several, who are willing to contribute to NIL. Tennessee has Haslem...owner of the Browns. Gave Tennessee $13 million. Miami has Ruiz and nobody else...I think he crashes and burns soon. Oregon has Phil Knight...we know about A&M. I am confident that the SEC will impose guidelines on this junk soon, then we will have a more level playing field. Our staff will shine in a level playing field situation. We are very fortunate to have Coach Napier. I haven't seen him call a ball play yet, but he is so organized and smart. Has built a phenomenal staff...is extremely competitive. Cares a ton about culture. Kids love him and his staff.
There is no way this guy is the insider he claims to be if he thinks Miami only has Ruiz.

Tim85 said:

Hey SR, thanks for dropping in.

Why isn't there more money for our NIL bucket right now? Just not enough big-time boosters carrying their fair share of the load?

What is their "fair share" of the load? Do they have a responsibility to give money to buy high school athletes? I gave a significant amount last week because I know we are struggling to build that NIL pot. Without it, Coach Napier's hands are somewhat tied. He and his staff are doing a remarkable job recruiting. If it wasn't for NIL, our class would be as good as anyone's in the country. I can assure you, that aside, Rashada, Baxter and McClain all want to be Gators. Again, in my opinion, it is any boosters call whether they want to participate or not with NIL. Certainly not a responsibility.

SMH ---He's perpetuating the myth that everyone wants to be a Gator....
It’s well known that kids in Northern Cal grow up dreaming of the day they can play for the Gators

Advertisement
9A5566F1-FB45-4EC4-98C0-E2F8DD00E638.jpeg
EB350882-106F-460C-9044-6C2F8BC939E5.png
64E76AD9-0868-4337-8D08-5186F6AD291E.jpeg
960AA91C-4ABE-4F53-99C5-7A1A407BD550.jpeg
B23DF38B-7D3D-41E8-AD02-F22680FF6E15.jpeg
E815976A-86BF-4123-996D-03A14774009E.jpeg
936B5077-0BE1-470C-B3D7-A39F7A91760F.jpeg
161A8901-A425-4211-9602-98D1A7566F8C.jpeg
50D370C0-421C-49C0-9834-A2C6D7B4D55F.jpeg

Advertisement
SRGators: (on Napier)

He has total support from the administration...total support...we just don't have a large bucket of NIL money. In today's world it is recruiting for the 3 and most 4 star players. It is not recruiting for most all 5 star players...it is a bidding contest. Coach Napier and his staff are winning the recruiting piece, but they will have a hard time winning a lot of the bidding contests.
The plan seems to be if they work really hard at this formula for a few years, they can rise up the ladder of respectability just like Kentucky.

SRGators:

we will get some of the 5 stars out there no question. we will do fine end of the day. I wouldn't count them out (Baxter and Cormani)

some have a really deep pockets person, or several, who are willing to contribute to NIL. Tennessee has Haslem...owner of the Browns. Gave Tennessee $13 million. Miami has Ruiz and nobody else...I think he crashes and burns soon. Oregon has Phil Knight...we know about A&M. I am confident that the SEC will impose guidelines on this junk soon, then we will have a more level playing field. Our staff will shine in a level playing field situation. We are very fortunate to have Coach Napier. I haven't seen him call a ball play yet, but he is so organized and smart. Has built a phenomenal staff...is extremely competitive. Cares a ton about culture. Kids love him and his staff.
The SEC will NEVER impose spending guidelines, rules or regulations on itself. Never. This dumb ******* needs to save his money if he's expecting the conference to step in and somehow limit what its teams can spend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back