Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Lmao wow…this is great
TampaBobby 🤔🤔🤔
The Rock Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow!!! They just make up sht as they go. Amazing how many dudes they have that know so many details about every meeting and every recruit and all the reasons they did or didn’t pick them.
Exactly, these dudes are acting like a UF rep is there like a media member for everytime Harlan and Jaden meet with a HC or NIL rep.

Advertisement
The funny thing is this panic is largely around Rashada and I don’t think he ever really wanted to go to Florida. He strikes way more as bright lights, big city than rural SEC. Sometimes, that works against us the other way. But, not on this one and I can’t believe they weren’t at least somewhat aware that this scenario was very likely.

Gators offering more, right?

In total stated dollars, very possibly. In net present value, I would not be so sure.

I'll give an overly simplistic example, JUST for the math.

Let's say School #1 offers to pay a kid $1M in Y1, $2M in Y2, $3M in Y3, and $4M in Y4, for a total of $10M.

Let's say School #2 offers $3M in Y1, $2M in Y2, $1M in Y3, and $1M in Y4, for a total of $7M.

However, School #2's deal pays the same Y1-Y3 amount, but FASTER. And if a player thinks he will go pro after Y3 (or transfer at any point), then Y4 is completely speculative. If the player transfers after 2 years, School #2 has paid him $5M, while School #1 has only paid him $3M.

So, yes, there are several reasons why "advertised total contract value" is not the only thing to look at, same as NFL contracts with "voidable years" and whatnot.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back