Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
And there's this which I find interesting...

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.20.19 AM.png

This guy's take is that uf is behind on NIL because Mullen didn't lay the groundwork. Essentially, the teams that are doing well right now had a head start. I'd love for one of you guys a little more connected than me to detail the many ways in which Manny got our NIL program off the ground. Also, I'll be sending Manny a thank you card, let me know if anybody would like to sign it.

No Cormani McClain? No AJ Harris? No Tony Mitchell? No Richard Young? No Cedric Baxter? No Brandon Inniss? No Hykeem Williams? No Joenel Aguero? No Arch Manning? No Malik Bryant? No Derrick LeBlanc? No Payton Kirkland?
Took me a little to comb through all those names on the crystal ball list, but I don't think I see any of the names you mentioned.

That’s actually what he said he did once he clarified that he didn’t actually own all 3. He said he give them the money. We’ve had some people on here talk about the process with CFA and it sounded like that was the exception situation as it’s hard to get a franchise compared to a number of places. The dude himself is a total clown if you’ve read some of his posts.

LOL that guy doesn't own a chicken, let alone a Chick-fil-a. Come on, fellas.

Advertisement
And there's this which I find interesting...

View attachment 184107

This guy's take is that uf is behind on NIL because Mullen didn't lay the groundwork. Essentially, the teams that are doing well right now had a head start. I'd love for one of you guys a little more connected than me to detail the many ways in which Manny got our NIL program off the ground. Also, I'll be sending Manny a thank you card, let me know if anybody would like to sign it.

OK. Couple of things.

First, if "FLTom" is correct, than this goes COMPLETELY against what NovaGaytor said about having "proven high-level track record in recruiting". So which is it? On-the-job training...OR..."proven high-level track record in recruiting". Given the list I provided earlier, my vote is "on-the-job training" for everyone besides Corey Raymond.

Second, "he underestimated the impact of NIL on recruiting"? ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME? So, first of all, NIL became effective 10 months ago. As a FACTUAL matter, nobody had any idea of how it would work precisely. Some people had pretty good guesses, and some have adapted better than others. The bottom line is this - Gaypier did not walk into a world where other coaches had a 10-year headstart on him. Five months headstart? Sure, since I'm sure that Louisiana's NIL budget consisted of Popeye's coupons.

So, OK, Gaypier "underestimated" the impact of NIL on recruiting, in spite of the COUNTLESS articles that had been written about it...no, Gaypier trusts his own evaluations...but NOW (since FLTom tells us that Gaypier learned his lesson on National Signing Day)...NOW that it is nearly 3 months later (or 4+ if you count the December signing day), why is Gaypier still botching the Jackson recruitment by $175K (again, assuming that every Gaytor claim is true, cause I sure as **** can admit that I do not have certainty on the numbers)?

"Unless you have a billionaire in your hip pocket"? First, not all of the Miami NIL is coming from John Ruiz, he is just the loudest/proudest. Second, this runs counter to every claim the Gaytors have ever made. FOR DECADES, they have bragged about having a whole cadre of well-heeled boosters who can be wheeled out like Hannibal Lecter to dispense wisdom and money like they were candy. But...it doesn't seem to be true, now, does it? Because they are clearly envious that we have a "billionaire" who can do so, even though he is not a billionaire yet AND the LifeWallet money is currently coming from...wait for it, wait for it...LIFEWALLET. Not Ruiz's personal checkbook. A corporation.

So then FLTom says they have to BUILD the warchest, even though a few weeks ago they were telling us that Gaytor Guards was ready to go toe-to-toe with Alabama and Georgia, let alone that puny weakling Miami. Instead, we wake up to (internet) headlines that the Gaytors saved a lot of money on car insurance and NIL by not paying Harold Perkins and Trevonte Citizen and Darrell Jackson.

And they are still blaming Mullet. Mullet "did nothing" during the 4 months he was employed in the NIL Era. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to, you know, HIRE BETTER COACHES. Mullet got rejected TWICE by Miami. I may hate Beta Blake James for a lot of things, but I have to give him credit for not falling for Mullet's banana up our tailpipe. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to NOT hire a guy directly from G5 to pilot your Flagship Gaytor Brandz into the uncharted waters of the New NIL World. Maybe go out and hire a guy from Nike U who understands this stuff. Whoops, too late, we already did that.

So, yeah...more "blame Mullet/be patient with Gaypier" excuses. It was all just a big misunderstanding. All those "I'm rich, *****" Bull Gaytor alums were just sitting crooked atop their thicc wallets waiting on Dan Mullet to give them a call and tell them how many zeros he wanted in their checks. THAT'S IT. And even when Big D!ck Billy Gaypier finally picks up the phone, it's gonna take more than 4 months for the postal service to deliver those checks and the bank to credit the Gaytor account for all those deposits, checks take at least 10 business days to clear, ya know. Hogtown wasn't built in a day.

And let's not pretend that Darrell Jackson needed a Tennessee-sized McDonald's bag stuffed with money just to sign with the Gaytors. If NIL was so damned important to him, and the "claimed" numbers were so **** high, the Gaytors had a few months to search their couch cushions. But, no, they chose the fiscally-responsible route of frugality and left all that Perkins/Citizen/Jackson money in the bank.

Suuuure. And Naypier is learning on the job. And Mullet did nothing. And Gaytor Guard is patiently building that warchest.

Good lord, the crap you read on the Gaytor sites...

EDIT: To belatedly address your point on how Mario got this off the ground, here's his secret. He said words. And our alums and boosters wrote the checks. It's not complicated. Sure, it is nice to have a bell-cow booster who runs a company that is about to go public. But let's not pretend that all the deals that went to D'Eriq King and other UM players, IN 2021 ALONE, all came from John Ruiz.

So the entire gator athletic department just pretended NIL wouldn’t matter? Like if they ignored it, it would go away? Just the idea is an indictment on their entire coaching staff, AD and athletic department. Even Manny Diaz and Blake James were setting up NIL deals for players here as soon as it passed.

So the entire gator athletic department just pretended NIL wouldn’t matter? Like if they ignored it, it would go away? Just the idea is an indictment on their entire coaching staff, AD and athletic department. Even Manny Diaz and Blake James were setting up NIL deals for players here as soon as it passed.

Gaypier "underestimated the impact of NIL on recruiting". That should be a fireable offense at Gaytor Brandz U.

Advertisement
Again, I can shut down all your hypothesizing with just two points.

First, you CANNOT "own" any Chick Fil-As. Zero-point-zero. They are all owned by CFA Corporate. You can OPERATE stores. But you can't OWN stores.

Second, he never even claimed to "possibly own" three Chick Fil-As. He admitted that he only operates ONE, and that he "effectively owns" two others by virtue of giving money to friends/family, who are the ACTUAL operators. And it costs $5K to become a CFC Operator. So he let friends/family $10K.
I was just using the term owner, because that was the term being thrown around in the thread and I didn't feel like arguing semantics so I just stuck with it, since I figured everyone knew what the posters meant when they said "he owns".

That was basically my point. Getting together 15-30k to operate 3 CFAs is not some sort of huge accomplishment. Neither is running 1 and lending money to family members to buy 2. The fact that he is the "baller" of their board is hilarious. They all look up this Que as their entrepreneurial mastermind, when in reality pretty much anyone, that isn't an absolute moron, could operate a CFA.

Its amazing the lengths fans will go to to rationalize and absolve their coaches of blame or give the rivals credit. Yall notice there are few man on their boards telling them to get out of the mentality of thinking we are inferior to them? These man are talking about better conference lol. Getting beaten to sleep by UGA and LSU is supposed to be a plus? The people who see whats going on ans point it out, all the other ones jump on them, almost mirror images of people who were calling out Diaz and Al Golden before that, getting called mopes or whatever.
Then you have man throwing out numbers, of which i have no knowledge, they seen the Basketball player get 400k and just slap that on to Jackson. And then the last one is to attack the player and claim they are not good enough.

It is wild how fans of whatever school thats not doing well usually fall into the same category. FSU fans are a little more delusional but the Lizards bring a certain arrogance with it.

Cristobal has the 7th best record in power 5 since he got the HC job at Oregon. He is an elite coach and now has a staff to go with the resources. Eventually the denials will turn into tears and depression.

Advertisement
OK. Couple of things.

First, if "FLTom" is correct, than this goes COMPLETELY against what NovaGaytor said about having "proven high-level track record in recruiting". So which is it? On-the-job training...OR..."proven high-level track record in recruiting". Given the list I provided earlier, my vote is "on-the-job training" for everyone besides Corey Raymond.

Second, "he underestimated the impact of NIL on recruiting"? ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME? So, first of all, NIL became effective 10 months ago. As a FACTUAL matter, nobody had any idea of how it would work precisely. Some people had pretty good guesses, and some have adapted better than others. The bottom line is this - Gaypier did not walk into a world where other coaches had a 10-year headstart on him. Five months headstart? Sure, since I'm sure that Louisiana's NIL budget consisted of Popeye's coupons.

So, OK, Gaypier "underestimated" the impact of NIL on recruiting, in spite of the COUNTLESS articles that had been written about it...no, Gaypier trusts his own evaluations...but NOW (since FLTom tells us that Gaypier learned his lesson on National Signing Day)...NOW that it is nearly 3 months later (or 4+ if you count the December signing day), why is Gaypier still botching the Jackson recruitment by $175K (again, assuming that every Gaytor claim is true, cause I sure as **** can admit that I do not have certainty on the numbers)?

"Unless you have a billionaire in your hip pocket"? First, not all of the Miami NIL is coming from John Ruiz, he is just the loudest/proudest. Second, this runs counter to every claim the Gaytors have ever made. FOR DECADES, they have bragged about having a whole cadre of well-heeled boosters who can be wheeled out like Hannibal Lecter to dispense wisdom and money like they were candy. But...it doesn't seem to be true, now, does it? Because they are clearly envious that we have a "billionaire" who can do so, even though he is not a billionaire yet AND the LifeWallet money is currently coming from...wait for it, wait for it...LIFEWALLET. Not Ruiz's personal checkbook. A corporation.

So then FLTom says they have to BUILD the warchest, even though a few weeks ago they were telling us that Gaytor Guards was ready to go toe-to-toe with Alabama and Georgia, let alone that puny weakling Miami. Instead, we wake up to (internet) headlines that the Gaytors saved a lot of money on car insurance and NIL by not paying Harold Perkins and Trevonte Citizen and Darrell Jackson.

And they are still blaming Mullet. Mullet "did nothing" during the 4 months he was employed in the NIL Era. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to, you know, HIRE BETTER COACHES. Mullet got rejected TWICE by Miami. I may hate Beta Blake James for a lot of things, but I have to give him credit for not falling for Mullet's banana up our tailpipe. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to NOT hire a guy directly from G5 to pilot your Flagship Gaytor Brandz into the uncharted waters of the New NIL World. Maybe go out and hire a guy from Nike U who understands this stuff. Whoops, too late, we already did that.

So, yeah...more "blame Mullet/be patient with Gaypier" excuses. It was all just a big misunderstanding. All those "I'm rich, *****" Bull Gaytor alums were just sitting crooked atop their thicc wallets waiting on Dan Mullet to give them a call and tell them how many zeros he wanted in their checks. THAT'S IT. And even when Big D!ck Billy Gaypier finally picks up the phone, it's gonna take more than 4 months for the postal service to deliver those checks and the bank to credit the Gaytor account for all those deposits, checks take at least 10 business days to clear, ya know. Hogtown wasn't built in a day.

And let's not pretend that Darrell Jackson needed a Tennessee-sized McDonald's bag stuffed with money just to sign with the Gaytors. If NIL was so damned important to him, and the "claimed" numbers were so **** high, the Gaytors had a few months to search their couch cushions. But, no, they chose the fiscally-responsible route of frugality and left all that Perkins/Citizen/Jackson money in the bank.

Suuuure. And Naypier is learning on the job. And Mullet did nothing. And Gaytor Guard is patiently building that warchest.

Good lord, the crap you read on the Gaytor sites...

EDIT: To belatedly address your point on how Mario got this off the ground, here's his secret. He said words. And our alums and boosters wrote the checks. It's not complicated. Sure, it is nice to have a bell-cow booster who runs a company that is about to go public. But let's not pretend that all the deals that went to D'Eriq King and other UM players, IN 2021 ALONE, all came from John Ruiz.
Bro one thing’s for certain… Aside from being very bright… you’re a helluva typist. The amount of words you can get down without errors in a short period of time is astounding to me.

Advertisement
Then you have man throwing out numbers, of which i have no knowledge, they seen the Basketball player get 400k and just slap that on to Jackson.
This is exactly what happened.

They couldn’t fathom that they got outrecruited therefore we must have overspent. Even though a few days and weeks ago they were touting their gaytor guard warchest that is ready to compete with the Bamas and UGAs. Miami couldn’t possibly compete. Poor Miami with a rented stadium and no facilities couldn’t possibly take a gator lock.

First, Citizen was promised a starting job. Now that Nigel Pack’s deal became public, they’re even starting to put numbers on how they lost Citizen.

How convenient is it that the 400k numbers are getting thrown out. Hilarious how they’ve progressed the narrative from 75k -> no wait, I heard 125k -> I heard 350k but might be even more -> mod says 400k but might be even more. Someone should go post “I heard the deal was up to 1m per year” just for the **** of it. They’ll believe anything.

Either
A. their staff can’t recruit
B. chick-fil-a founder quejay needs to step up the gaytor bag game
C. all of the above

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back