Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I don’t see it. I remember the Corral deal and we had a lot of discussion on it in here as Mac had Matt Corral committed and Mullet showed up and blew him Corral off. Corral had a lot of talent but was a character question I believe. I don’t know what it is but Mullet loves those big dudes who will run those qb dives or whatever they’re called. Like give him a fullback with an arm and he’s happy.
It’s Urban Meyer’s offense but Mullet has definitely put his particular stamp on it. Going back to Tebow, he has preferred big, strong guys to play quarterback. Obviously the QB running game is a big part of the offense and he likes to use his QB in the power running game. He had Dak and Nick Fitzgerald at MSU and heavily favored Felipe Franks at Florida before he got hurt and Trask fell into the starting spot. I get the appeal, especially in short yardage type situations. If you have a big quarterback who can potentially move the pile, no need muck it up by using a handoff. Still, you have to question how many QB recruits are really excited about having to run the ball into the pile 10 times a game. Plus a lot of times , those big bulky guys have mechanical throwing issues that limit their passing abilities.

It’s Urban Meyer’s offense but Mullet has definitely put his particular stamp on it. Going back to Tebow, he has preferred big, strong guys to play quarterback. Obviously the QB running game is a big part of the offense and he likes to use his QB in the power running game. He had Dak and Nick Fitzgerald at MSU and heavily favored Felipe Franks at Florida before he got hurt and Trask fell into the starting spot. I get the appeal, especially in short yardage type situations. If you have a big quarterback who can potentially move the pile, no need muck it up by using a handoff. Still, you have to question how many QB recruits are really excited about having to run the ball into the pile 10 times a game. Plus a lot of times , those big bulky guys have mechanical throwing issues that limit their passing abilities.

I think its much less the handoff than providing another option for the defense to have to honor, and even more so an extra blocker on their runs. When you hand off you're playing 10 vs. 11 immediately. A running QB nullifies that defensive personnel advantage.

Just look at how effective Miami was last year when King gave us a running game.

National article ripping Mullen's recruiting:

The Dan Mullen conundrum
By Ari Wasserman Jul 20, 2021 TheAthletic

There is that nagging feeling for Florida fans that Mullen has reached the ceiling. Why? Because Florida is just not recruiting at the level necessary to get over the Alabama hump. Mullen has signed three full classes at Florida and has only two five-star prospects to show for it. During that same span, Alabama has signed 14 and Georgia has signed 13. The talent gap between where Florida currently sits and where it wants to be is astronomical. And that’s not hyperbole.

In the 2022 cycle, Florida has 10 commitments, but not one is ranked in the top 100 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. The Gators’ class ranks No. 31. There is still a lot of time left in the 2022 cycle to right the ship, but 18 of the 33 five-star prospects have already issued commitments, and Florida isn’t really trending for any of the players who remain uncommitted.

The question: Why is that happening? You’d think a place such as Florida — a program that won two national titles during the modern era of recruiting and is located in one of the three most talent-rich states in the country — should be able to attract elite talent consistently.

Florida has to run a very tight ship when it comes to the rules. Mullen’s program is on probation because of impermissible contact with a recruit, and though Florida didn’t get charged with any Level I violations (the most serious), the NCAA deemed that Mullen wasn’t promoting an environment of compliance. Florida is a rough state for recruiting. It’s even rougher when you can’t get in trouble.

But Mullen doesn’t get off that easy. We aren’t in the recruiting meetings and don’t know the inner workings of the program’s master plan, but Mullen simply isn’t getting it done. The results are clear.

The Gators have a great opportunity to leverage name, image and likeness, and instead of innovating and making Florida the must-go destination for Florida recruits, Mullen isn’t exactly embracing the off-the-field changes occurring in the sport.

You could say that the key for Mullen is to hire a hot-shot recruiter as a lead assistant. He did that, bringing in Tim Brewster as his tight ends coach before the 2020 season. But to be a dog in the recruiting realm, you have to love it. Meyer breathed recruiting. He loved it. He was passionate about it. He looked forward to it. And from afar, it doesn’t seem as though Mullen has that temperament. The head coach has to embody what he wants from his staff.

There are plenty of excuses for why Mullen is not getting done. But if the recruiting results don’t change, it’s hard to envision the on-the-field results will ever get better than what the Gators accomplished in 2020.

You hate to see it. :)

Julian Humphrey is a top 100 kid & UF leads for Stew & Nolen

Advertisement
so 10% of your class is top 100.

Here you go.

s2sD-cAX_400x400.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

HOLD THE F UP, SON.

247 has Julian Humphrey ranked at 117, so he is not a slam dunk top 100 kid. They could be right, and they could be wrong, but let's not act like there is a consensus about him being up there. So no, the writer was not "wrong."

UF "leads" for Stew and Nolan according to WHO? That info is out of date and was before they took some visits to the schools that beat your *** on the trail. Maybe some UF people think so, but I guarantee others out there do not, especially when you are going head to head with schools that eat your lunch. Again, not a consensus, in fact, not TRUE.

And oh, here are Wilfong's comments on both of them from TODAY, neither of these thorough write-ups says ANYTHING about UF leading, in fact, right now he likes Bama and UGA for Nolen, and he calls Stewart's recruitment "fluid," and says as of now, he thinks UF AND BAMA are in the best position, but that there are others like Texas, USC, LSU and Texas A&M still in. UF leads for shiit. READ:

The Pulse: The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Walter Nolen has his final five: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Tennessee. The official visit to Gainesville the weekend of June 4 looked like a tone-setter in the recruitment with Nolen returning a few days later for a photo shoot with his mom. Then you see him decked out in Gators gear at the Future 50 event that following weekend. But then the trip to Michigan matched it on June 18 and if you didn’t realize then, you should now — this one is for sure a marathon. I still like where Alabama and Georgia sit. Nolen visited both a couple times unofficially. The Crimson Tide were originally going to get an official June 25 but pushed that to a later date knowing Nolen’s recruitment wouldn’t be wrapped up any time soon. He and his family loved the visit to Tuscaloosa for A-Day back in the spring and returned again in late June anyway. The Bulldogs were the last program to get Nolen on campus before the dead period hit for a couple days. Tennessee at one point wasn’t even in the lead group but the impressive resume of Rodney Garner and his dedication to staying on the state’s No. 1 recruit has put the Vols back in the equation and they’ve been over to Knoxville a couple times as well.

The Pulse: The newly-minted No. 1 receiver in the country, Evan Stewart took official visits to Florida and Texas and June and also swung by the campuses at Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M. A former Longhorns commit, Stewart has said several times he’s excited to see what the Austin-based program looks like this fall under Steve Sarkisian and the new regime. Going into that, I believe the Gators and Crimson Tide are in the best position. Florida set the tone with the official visit the weekend of June 4 but I think Alabama matched that with an unofficial at the end of the month. All that being said, you can’t rule out any of the schools mentioned in this very fluid recruitment and USC is a contender, too. The newly-minted No. 1 receiver in the country, Evan Stewart took official visits to Florida and Texas and June and also swung by the campuses at Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M.

#GatorFanWishSandwiches
#Owned

Advertisement
HOLD THE F UP, SON.

247 has Julian Humphrey ranked at 117, so he is not a slam dunk top 100 kid. They could be right, and they could be wrong, but let's not act like there is a consensus about him being up there. So no, the writer was not "wrong."

UF "leads" for Stew and Nolan according to WHO? That info is out of date and was before they took some visits to the schools that beat your *** on the trail. Maybe some UF people think so, but I guarantee others out there do not, especially when you are going head to head with schools that eat your lunch. Again, not a consensus, in fact, not TRUE.

And oh, here are Wilfong's comments on both of them from TODAY, neither of these thorough write-ups says ANYTHING about UF leading, in fact, right now he likes Bama and UGA for Nolen, and he calls Stewart's recruitment "fluid," and says as of now, he thinks UF AND BAMA are in the best position, but that there are others like Texas, USC, LSU and Texas A&M still in. UF leads for shiit. READ:

The Pulse: The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Walter Nolen has his final five: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Tennessee. The official visit to Gainesville the weekend of June 4 looked like a tone-setter in the recruitment with Nolen returning a few days later for a photo shoot with his mom. Then you see him decked out in Gators gear at the Future 50 event that following weekend. But then the trip to Michigan matched it on June 18 and if you didn’t realize then, you should now — this one is for sure a marathon. I still like where Alabama and Georgia sit. Nolen visited both a couple times unofficially. The Crimson Tide were originally going to get an official June 25 but pushed that to a later date knowing Nolen’s recruitment wouldn’t be wrapped up any time soon. He and his family loved the visit to Tuscaloosa for A-Day back in the spring and returned again in late June anyway. The Bulldogs were the last program to get Nolen on campus before the dead period hit for a couple days. Tennessee at one point wasn’t even in the lead group but the impressive resume of Rodney Garner and his dedication to staying on the state’s No. 1 recruit has put the Vols back in the equation and they’ve been over to Knoxville a couple times as well.

The Pulse: The newly-minted No. 1 receiver in the country, Evan Stewart took official visits to Florida and Texas and June and also swung by the campuses at Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M. A former Longhorns commit, Stewart has said several times he’s excited to see what the Austin-based program looks like this fall under Steve Sarkisian and the new regime. Going into that, I believe the Gators and Crimson Tide are in the best position. Florida set the tone with the official visit the weekend of June 4 but I think Alabama matched that with an unofficial at the end of the month. All that being said, you can’t rule out any of the schools mentioned in this very fluid recruitment and USC is a contender, too. The newly-minted No. 1 receiver in the country, Evan Stewart took official visits to Florida and Texas and June and also swung by the campuses at Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M.

#GatorFanWishSandwiches
#Owned

I said what i said…

Last edited:
HOLD THE F UP, SON.

#GatorFanWishSandwiches
#Owned
@SouthParkCane do you think Julian Humphrey sticks with the gaytor?

Advertisement
Back