Tears Gator Tears

You gonna learn like us Cane fans have over the years to NEVER EVER think a recruit is yours until the ink is dry…Especially if that recruit is a recruit from the state of Fla.
Breaking Bad Walter White GIF - BreakingBad WalterWhite YoureRight GIFs

Advertisement
Yo, @flagator86, what do you personally think of the OU/UT addition? I can’t for the life of me see how it helps any one individual school.

i actually love it. Why? Because that means UF can’t be complacent if Mullen continues his trajectory as a tier 2/3 recruiter as far as head coaches and staff goes and that type of recruiting will leave us yearly fighting for a top 12 CFP contention. His recruiting would leave us around 6th or 7th yearly in the SEC alone.

and as a fan of great matchups being made; the idea of UF having to play Miami, FSU, UT, Bama, UGA, LSU, and ANOTHER SEC West team in ONE season makes it better no question.

I’d rather beat/ lose to Miami 30-27 to start the season and KNOW what we need to work on as opposed to playing Idaho in game 1 and beating them 77-0 and learning NOTHING about my Gators. I want every Saturday to feel like I can’t miss a game because we no longer playing 2 bummy OOC teams to start the season

Advertisement
i actually love it. Why? Because that means UF can’t be complacent if Mullen continues his trajectory as a tier 2/3 recruiter as far as head coaches and staff goes and that type of recruiting will leave us yearly fighting for a top 12 CFP contention. His recruiting would leave us around 6th or 7th yearly in the SEC alone.

and as a fan of great matchups being made; the idea of UF having to play Miami, FSU, UT, Bama, UGA, LSU, and ANOTHER SEC West team in ONE season makes it better no question.

I’d rather beat/ lose to Miami 30-27 to start the season and KNOW what we need to work on as opposed to playing Idaho in game 1 and beating them 77-0 and learning NOTHING about my Gators. I want every Saturday to feel like I can’t miss a game because we no longer playing 2 bummy OOC teams to start the season
This is a well reasoned take. I don’t like it.

I’m trying to figure out a way where Miami doesn’t get screwed. I think we are attractive enough as a commodity, I think we have some truly unique benefits for a conference and a legit enough tradition. I just don’t think we have the people in place to make that case in a compelling way.

I’m trying to figure out a way where Miami doesn’t get screwed. I think we are attractive enough as a commodity, I think we have some truly unique benefits for a conference and a legit enough tradition. I just don’t think we have the people in place to make that case in a compelling way.
He’s not typical of their fanbase. If all or most gaytors were like FG86 there wouldn’t be a thread like this.

Love this attitude. Competition brings the best out of you. Unfortunately, the idiots who ran our program into the ground got cheap and comfortable by that ACC money.

You sure you a Gator, my dude? Either way, you’re a better poster then the majority of the clowns on this site.

Advertisement

He’s not typical of their fanbase. If all or most gaytors were like FG86 there wouldn’t be a thread like this.

I would prefer Miami in the SEC over a school like Arky or USCe in a heartbeat. I don’t know what Miami could do to make themselves an attractive option for the SEC and I know opposing fanbases always use Miami attendance at home games as a crutch buuuuut…..that stadium would be packed if they were in the SEC for no other reason than SEC fans love traveling for road games.

I cant even imagine the ***kery seeing those country folks in Bama or UT or OU coming down to South Beach for a weekend. They would have die of culture shock because im sure the city is a different vibe for a reg season game than a bowl game in January that doesn’t involve Miami

I would prefer Miami in the SEC over a school like Arky or USCe in a heartbeat. I don’t know what Miami could do to make themselves an attractive option for the SEC and I know opposing fanbases always use Miami attendance at home games as a crutch buuuuut…..that stadium would be packed if they were in the SEC for no other reason that SEC away SEC love traveling to road games.

I cant even imagine the ***kery seeing those country folks in Bama or UT or OU coming down to South Beach for a weekend. They would have die of culture shock because im sure the city is a different vibe for a reg season game than a bowl game in January that doesn’t involve Miami
There’s truth to the City of Miami - on a broader scale - historically only supporting a winner - at least it was like that when I was younger. As a kid, I saw it at Canes and Dolphins games and my father would always say it to me and point out how many years of bad teams the Bills and Packers had yet their stadiums were packed in freezing weather. That said, the Canes have a diehard core group - like people on this. website - who go to games regardless and support the team.

The issue with SEC admittance will be that I don’t think the SEC teams, especially the gaytor - but others as well - want UM to recruit with an SEC label and we aren’t a cultural fit on top of it. I think the gaytor would oppose us and FSU like aTM will oppose Texas and I imagine that USCe will oppose Clemson.

I would prefer Miami in the SEC over a school like Arky or USCe in a heartbeat. I don’t know what Miami could do to make themselves an attractive option for the SEC and I know opposing fanbases always use Miami attendance at home games as a crutch buuuuut…..that stadium would be packed if they were in the SEC for no other reason than SEC fans love traveling for road games.

The Gaytors would be parked on the SEC commissioner’s doorstep 5 minutes after Miami to the SEC was ever mentioned.They would NEVER vote to allow us in…

Advertisement
There’s truth to the City of Miami - on a broader scale - historically only supporting a winner - at least it was like that when I was younger. As a kid, I saw it at Canes and Dolphins games and my father would always say it to me and point out how many years of bad teams the Bills and Packers had yet their stadiums were packed in freezing weather. That said, the Canes have a diehard core group - like people on this. website - who go to games regardless and support the team.

The issue with SEC admittance will be that I don’t think the SEC teams, especially the gaytor - but others as well - want UM to recruit with an SEC label and we aren’t a cultural fit on top of it. I think the gaytor would oppose us and FSU like aTM will oppose Texas and I imagine that USCe will oppose Clemson.

If im Arkansas, A&M and Mizzou I would block this

remake bingo GIF

Every school in the SEC who pillages SoFla for blue chip recruits would veto Miami getting an invite from the SEC. Bama, LSU, UGA, aTm and of course UiF. They don't want Miami recruiting against them with an SEC logo on our jerseys. They want the SEC to be viewed as the minor league of the NFL and Miami relategated to fighting for high-3* scraps.

Last edit: I pray I'm wrong about this, would gladly eat crow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If im Arkansas, A&M and Mizzou I would block this
I believe they need 4 teams to block it. If so and talks of the SEC reaching out to FSU, Clemson and OSU to also join then UF and USCe need to consider joining alliances with those other 3 to block all these moves if they want to prevent any particular team from joining. If not, none of these individual schools have any leverage. Allegedly these Texas/OU talks have been going on for around 6 months intentionally keeping A&M out of loop.

I believe they need 4 teams to block it. If so and talks of the SEC reaching out to FSU, Clemson and OSU to also join then UF and USCe need to consider joining alliances with those other 3 to block all these moves if they want to prevent any particular team from joining. If not, none of these individual schools have any leverage. Allegedly these Texas/OU talks have been going on for around 6 months intentionally keeping A&M out of loop.

You are correct... thats why A&M is so ****ed.

I could def see Fla and SCar blocking those others

I could see the bottom dwellers - Vandy, TN, KY, MS schools - try block it as well. They wouldn’t want to get their asses kicked 2 more times a year.
Imagine if it got blocked and Bama, UGA, LSU, Auburn, UiF and possibly Tennessee decided to leave the SEC and start a new conference with Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson and FSU. That conference could literally dictate whatever it wanted.

Advertisement
Back