Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

I already know how this ends

51f16e1735866a95fa16def16f5a3eef.jpg

This is year 4 for Mullet and it’s going to be very telling. Mac’s players are gone now. It’s all his recruits. While he hasn’t been a total dud at recruiting, he has done worse on the trail than McShark did despite having a lot more success on-field. We saw what happened with the defense last year. They went from a very solid 2019 unit to one of the worst P5 units in a single season despite not having any type of coaching/scheme change. The guys they trotted out in 2020 were just not good players. Now we get to see what happens with the offense. The “highest rated QB Mullen has had” hasn’t sniffed the field outside of mop up duty and gadget plays. Frankly, their offense with anyone not named Kyle Trask has been very average and now they can’t run the ball like they did in 2018-2019. Things could get ugly in Gainesville this year. They don’t have the luxury of relying on a record setting offense to carry the team anymore.

He's lost quite a few counters by signing NQ's, character problems, bad culture fits. I think their recruiting rankings are fool's gold.

Edit: And quick transfers and rapists.

Last edited:
He's lost quite a few counters by signing NQ's, character problems, bad culture fits. I think their recruiting rankings are fool's gold.
Good point. You have to knock them down a few spots when you consider how many guys they sign that don’t make it in or transfer before even playing a game.

Advertisement
Just a reminder... FACTS:

1- Miami has 67% more National Championships than UF does.

2- Miami upset UF the first time UM and UF ever played.

3- Miami leads the all-time series against UF, even though UF is a much older school and program. SEC! SEC!

4- Miami has a winning record against UF in Miami. AND at Florida Field.

5- In the last 43 years, Miami is 12-5 vs. UF.

6- A ranked Miami team has only lost TWICE to UF since the dawn of man (in 1982 #15 UM lost to #16 UF by a score of 17-14 and also in 1959 when we were ranked #12). Process that.

7- But Miami has beaten a ranked UF team 10 TIMES. UF has NEVER, EVER beaten a top 10 ranked Miami team. EVER. Think about that.

8- Miami is 8-1 vs. UF when both teams are ranked (89%).

9- Miami is 4-1 vs. top 10 ranked UF teams. UF is 0-7 vs. top 10 ranked UM teams.

10- UF quit playing us regularly. Since then Miami is 5-2 vs. UF when we've gotten you to play. Probably a good call.

11- The Seminole War Canoe Trophy lives in Miami. Forever.

The Gator Flop. UF sucks. We f'ing own you. This little, new, small private school down south is your daddy. Just accept it.

TEARS FOREVER.

Thank you,

Mgmt.

Man Wrestle GIF
I was about to say bring out da choppaz(high powered semi-automatic/automatic) guns, but you JUST NUKED THEM with WMGD’s(Weapons of Mass Gaytor Destruction)!!!!!

Advertisement
People continue to hype Emory Jones like crazy.

Dude hasnt thrown 100 passes in three years.

yea im still on the fence with him. Would have been nice to get him more game reps last year but we hardly had big leads and his only extended PT was against Vandy and Arky which you cant take much from those. He did play well at LSU in 2019 and in spot duty (only one drive) against Auburn in 2019 but yea; he gonna have to show me he was worth us pushing Matt Corral out for him this year bc as of now it’s looking foolish (even though Trask becoming what he became wasn’t in the cards)

yea im still on the fence with him. Would have been nice to get him more game reps last year but we hardly had big leads and his only extended PT was against Vandy and Arky which you cant take much from those. He did play well at LSU in 2019 and in spot duty (only one drive) against Auburn in 2019 but yea; he gonna have to show me he was worth us pushing Matt Corral out for him this year bc as of now it’s looking foolish (even though Trask becoming what he became wasn’t in the cards)
Hope the fence doesn’t have pointed tops cause you might be getting poked in the **** shoot by that fence you sitting on…😜

Advertisement
wait….what does that even mean???

Mullen said something to the effect before that he prefers a QB, if it’s avoidable, to be able to come in and learn the system and all that jazz before throwing him out on the field. Besides him not being an elite recruiter, I believe that’s another reason as to why he can’t land a big time ELITE QB. These kids want an honest shot to play early but Mullen is basically the opposite of that

Advertisement
I don’t see it. I remember the Corral deal and we had a lot of discussion on it in here as Mac had Matt Corral committed and Mullet showed up and blew him Corral off. Corral had a lot of talent but was a character question I believe. I don’t know what it is but Mullet loves those big dudes who will run those qb dives or whatever they’re called. Like give him a fullback with an arm and he’s happy.

National article ripping Mullen's recruiting:

The Dan Mullen conundrum
By Ari Wasserman Jul 20, 2021 TheAthletic

There is that nagging feeling for Florida fans that Mullen has reached the ceiling. Why? Because Florida is just not recruiting at the level necessary to get over the Alabama hump. Mullen has signed three full classes at Florida and has only two five-star prospects to show for it. During that same span, Alabama has signed 14 and Georgia has signed 13. The talent gap between where Florida currently sits and where it wants to be is astronomical. And that’s not hyperbole.

In the 2022 cycle, Florida has 10 commitments, but not one is ranked in the top 100 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. The Gators’ class ranks No. 31. There is still a lot of time left in the 2022 cycle to right the ship, but 18 of the 33 five-star prospects have already issued commitments, and Florida isn’t really trending for any of the players who remain uncommitted.

The question: Why is that happening? You’d think a place such as Florida — a program that won two national titles during the modern era of recruiting and is located in one of the three most talent-rich states in the country — should be able to attract elite talent consistently.

Florida has to run a very tight ship when it comes to the rules. Mullen’s program is on probation because of impermissible contact with a recruit, and though Florida didn’t get charged with any Level I violations (the most serious), the NCAA deemed that Mullen wasn’t promoting an environment of compliance. Florida is a rough state for recruiting. It’s even rougher when you can’t get in trouble.

But Mullen doesn’t get off that easy. We aren’t in the recruiting meetings and don’t know the inner workings of the program’s master plan, but Mullen simply isn’t getting it done. The results are clear.

The Gators have a great opportunity to leverage name, image and likeness, and instead of innovating and making Florida the must-go destination for Florida recruits, Mullen isn’t exactly embracing the off-the-field changes occurring in the sport.

You could say that the key for Mullen is to hire a hot-shot recruiter as a lead assistant. He did that, bringing in Tim Brewster as his tight ends coach before the 2020 season. But to be a dog in the recruiting realm, you have to love it. Meyer breathed recruiting. He loved it. He was passionate about it. He looked forward to it. And from afar, it doesn’t seem as though Mullen has that temperament. The head coach has to embody what he wants from his staff.

There are plenty of excuses for why Mullen is not getting done. But if the recruiting results don’t change, it’s hard to envision the on-the-field results will ever get better than what the Gators accomplished in 2020.

You hate to see it. :)

National article ripping Mullen's recruiting:

The Dan Mullen conundrum
By Ari Wasserman Jul 20, 2021 TheAthletic

There is that nagging feeling for Florida fans that Mullen has reached the ceiling. Why? Because Florida is just not recruiting at the level necessary to get over the Alabama hump. Mullen has signed three full classes at Florida and has only two five-star prospects to show for it. During that same span, Alabama has signed 14 and Georgia has signed 13. The talent gap between where Florida currently sits and where it wants to be is astronomical. And that’s not hyperbole.

In the 2022 cycle, Florida has 10 commitments, but not one is ranked in the top 100 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. The Gators’ class ranks No. 31. There is still a lot of time left in the 2022 cycle to right the ship, but 18 of the 33 five-star prospects have already issued commitments, and Florida isn’t really trending for any of the players who remain uncommitted.

The question: Why is that happening? You’d think a place such as Florida — a program that won two national titles during the modern era of recruiting and is located in one of the three most talent-rich states in the country — should be able to attract elite talent consistently.

Florida has to run a very tight ship when it comes to the rules. Mullen’s program is on probation because of impermissible contact with a recruit, and though Florida didn’t get charged with any Level I violations (the most serious), the NCAA deemed that Mullen wasn’t promoting an environment of compliance. Florida is a rough state for recruiting. It’s even rougher when you can’t get in trouble.

But Mullen doesn’t get off that easy. We aren’t in the recruiting meetings and don’t know the inner workings of the program’s master plan, but Mullen simply isn’t getting it done. The results are clear.

The Gators have a great opportunity to leverage name, image and likeness, and instead of innovating and making Florida the must-go destination for Florida recruits, Mullen isn’t exactly embracing the off-the-field changes occurring in the sport.

You could say that the key for Mullen is to hire a hot-shot recruiter as a lead assistant. He did that, bringing in Tim Brewster as his tight ends coach before the 2020 season. But to be a dog in the recruiting realm, you have to love it. Meyer breathed recruiting. He loved it. He was passionate about it. He looked forward to it. And from afar, it doesn’t seem as though Mullen has that temperament. The head coach has to embody what he wants from his staff.

There are plenty of excuses for why Mullen is not getting done. But if the recruiting results don’t change, it’s hard to envision the on-the-field results will ever get better than what the Gators accomplished in 2020.

You hate to see it. :)
I love how they say “to get over the Alabama hump” like they didn’t just lose 4 games last year with their best offense ever

Advertisement
Back