Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
What’s the disconnect between Mullet and the Admissions Office? This happens every year?

You’re not asking me, but I’m going to attempt to answer the question anyway.

From my distance I doubt that there’s a disconnect between the coach and the admissions office. I think it’s a disconnect between UFailure recruiting and the recruits, i.e., they’re not vetting these kids well enough.

As an example, look at Miami. Every guy is in (has enrolled/on campus) this class, it looks like, without any problems this year.

We have to at least acknowledge that is an important aspect of recruiting, it’s not all about how highly rated the recruit is, it’s how highly rated he is, and can you get into a P5 school.

What’s the disconnect between Mullet and the Admissions Office? This seems to happen every year.

Someone pointed it out to me recently and I hate that I glossed over it, but outside of him whoring himself to the NFL, remember he was low key serving that recruiting show cause too the last two years (no off campus visits for him etc) which I’m sure didnt make the big wigs happy. They seem to be all in with him with the contract extension so im thinking now that that (show cause) has been lifted, we gonna see what this staff does this cycle recruiting wise.

RB recruiting, Terrance Gibbs moved is OV up to this week (he didn’t play last year because, surprise surprise he was hurt) and word is he has the greenlight to commit now. Recently we offered the Lake Gibson RB Glover even tho 247 cb’d him to FSU. Not sure if Glover has a committable offer

I wanted Sapp bigtime. Imagine a DL class with both Taylor and Sapp? Not sure what Ivins was thinking, but from my recollection, Sapp lost interest in Miami as recruiting heated up his Junior year. Now it looks like we either dodged a bullet or Manny's staff knew something we didn't know. Character matters. I'm happy for UF and Mullet.

I wanted Sapp bigtime. Imagine a DL class with both Taylor and Sapp? Not sure what Ivins was thinking, but from my recollection, Sapp lost interest in Miami as recruiting heated up his Junior year. Now it looks like we either dodged a bullet or Manny's staff knew something we didn't know. Character matters. I'm happy for UF and Mullet.
Sapp would likely have played the same position as Taylor though. He’s really a 3/4 DE. Maybe he could be a strong side DE in our defense but he’d likely end up inside.

Advertisement
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG
Capture6.PNG
Capture8.PNG

Advertisement
Someone pointed it out to me recently and I hate that I glossed over it, but outside of him whoring himself to the NFL, remember he was low key serving that recruiting show cause too the last two years (no off campus visits for him etc) which I’m sure didnt make the big wigs happy. They seem to be all in with him with the contract extension so im thinking now that that (show cause) has been lifted, we gonna see what this staff does this cycle recruiting wise.

RB recruiting, Terrance Gibbs moved is OV up to this week (he didn’t play last year because, surprise surprise he was hurt) and word is he has the greenlight to commit now. Recently we offered the Lake Gibson RB Glover even tho 247 cb’d him to FSU. Not sure if Glover has a committable offer
With all due respect, I don’t see what Mullen not recruiting off campus has to do with guys not getting in and I’m pretty sure last year no one was recruiting off campus.

Advertisement

This is your best work right here. Of course the material you got to work with is insanely good, but an artist like you elevates it to classic status.

This motherfūcker is creepy in a lot of different ways. I can imagine if I was a teenager he’d be creeping me the fūck out.

Advertisement
Derek Griffin? Honestly can't remember a non-qual issue since Richt came on board.
Legit the only name I could come up with off the top of my head this decade.

seems we have a great understanding of who can make it in. And if it’s borderline we seem to lay the ground work for the kid to help them get in

Legit the only name I could come up with off the top of my head this decade.

seems we have a great understanding of who can make it in. And if it’s borderline we seem to lay the ground work for the kid to help them get in

Yeah, I guess you could add 2020 verbal commit Moise to that list. But that was a weird one. I'm pretty sure he never got an LOI to sign and even though he ultimately did qualify, by then we didn't have room for him. Moise ended up at Coastal Carolina where he was withheld from games due to injury. I really liked his pops who posted on here. Kid was a talent too. Would have paired well with Roberts, and personally I liked him better than Haye. I may have gotten this wrong, but think they both (Moise and Haye) went to the same high school.

I don’t recall. I don’t think he was ever committed to us. Maybe Ivins just guessed wrong???
I can't remember why, but Ivins had a CB in for Sapp early on. They ended up adding the CB rating feature after he already had his CB for Sapp to us. So it automatically made it a 10. I think for some reason it couldn't be changed. I can't remember the exact details, but it's something along those lines.

Advertisement
Back