Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
OK, let's just marvel at the sheer beauty of two things.

First, Gaytor fans whined because an Ivins article was published, BUT NOT ON THEIR SITE. To make it more amazing, Ivins showed up on THE GAYTOR SITE to destroy the silly Gaytor myth about a "sprawling 247 conspiracy", by telling them that it was Gaytor moderators who chose not to run the article (probably because Gaytor fans whine about everything Ivins-related since he "successfully sabotaged an imminent commitment").

Second, Knox is SUCH A BAD RECRUITER that he can't even get a kid to pick the Gaytors even with the selling points of "immediate playing time", "Top 10 team", "SEC-SEC-SEC", and "the QB Whisperer who developed Nacho Hot Dog and Kyle Trash". I mean, even though I hate the Gaytors, they haven't been terrible at the RB position. So Knox has to be SO TOXIC as a human being that every Gaytor RB says "Nah, dog, I'm good" to the Knox offer.

Hilarious. I love them Tears.

First, Gaytor fans whined because an Ivins article was published, BUT NOT ON THEIR SITE. To make it more amazing, Ivins showed up on THE GAYTOR SITE to destroy the silly Gaytor myth about a "sprawling 247 conspiracy", by telling them that it was Gaytor moderators who chose not to run the article (probably because Gaytor fans whine about everything Ivins-related since he "successfully sabotaged an imminent commitment").

Second, Knox is SUCH A BAD RECRUITER that he can't even get a kid to pick the Gaytors even with the selling points of "immediate playing time", "Top 10 team", "SEC-SEC-SEC", and "the QB Whisperer who developed Nacho Hot Dog and Kyle Trash". I mean, even though I hate the Gaytors, they haven't been terrible at the RB position. So Knox has to be SO TOXIC as a human being that every Gaytor RB says "Nah, dog, I'm good" to the Knox offer.

Don’t worry man lingards there

When was the last impact ufag running back in the league? And no I don’t Perine will be one

Advertisement
When was the last impact ufag running back in the league? And no I don’t Perine will be one

I didn't say "impact RB in the NFL" because I think recruits are more impressed by draft choices, and they realize that the NFL is what you make it. Miami hasn't had an "impact QB in the NFL" in a long time, yet we still sign some highly-ranked QBs.

The Gaytors, as much as I hate them, have had some good college RBs over the years, enough to at least establish the concept (in the minds of recruits) that the playing time for the Gaytors will be meaningful and productive.

Pee-rine went in the 4th in 2020
Scarlett went in the 5th in 2019
Taylor went in the 6th in 2016
Jones went in the 3rd in 2015
Gillislee went in the 5th in 2013
Rainey went in the 5th in 2012

Miami, in the same time period:

Dallas went in the 4th in 2020
Homer went in the 6th in 2019
Walton went in the 4th in 2018
Johnson went in the 3rd in 2015
James went in the 6th in 2013
Miller went in the 4th in 2012

I'm just pointing out that the Gaytor's relative success at running the football STILL doesn't translate into recruits picking them, and at this point it HAS to be Knox.

Last edited:
He’s not on their board and he did leave that position. I’m not sure if he’s gone from 247 altogether or took a more National position with them or someone else.

Luke is a bigger loss for them than they realize. He was directly responsible for at least a quarter of their delusions. Whenever they'd miss on someone, Luke always showed up to lock their boards to outsiders & post a list of flip candidates to make them feel better. Without him, they have no choice but to face reality. Not everyone wants to be a gaytor after all.

Reality = gator tears

Advertisement
This is what they currently have:

1592844225558.png

This is what they expect to return for 2021:

1592844642613.png

Emory Jones at QB - OK, maybe
Probably Lorenzo at starting RB - no comment
Pouncey/Copeland/Shorter at WR (they still list Leonard Manuel too, how cute)
Gamble/Zip at TE
Thin at OT, VERY thin - missing matters
OG might be OK - if Ethan White re-gains 150 pounds
Center - double-down on knee braces and tape
DT - ooooof, that's gotta hurt
DE - uh, yeah
Rush End - Top-heavy, not much in recruiting lately (or yet)
LB - definitely top-heavy
CB - light at the top, so they need all the new guys' hearts to grow three sizes this Christmas
Safety - what in the factual uck? And Miami fans complain about Rumph
K - fine for now
P - who knows

Gaytors are praying for a RB to return Knox's calls, interior OL help, the Palmetto kids to save the day, and for safeties to start growing on trees. Oh, and a gift-from-God QB to boost the class ranking. Gaytors might need to use their last 5 spots on JuCo/Grad Transfer DTs, Safeties, and OLs.

Advertisement
They have 12 wide receivers currently? Ideal level is 9-10. That's a heck of a lot to have for that position. I wonder what position they are short changing to maintain that number.

If that's true, that's kind of absurd. It's like carrying seven quarterbacks or nine halfbacks on your roster.

They have enormous doughnut holes at DT and S (okay at SR and FR, but in-between is a big gap). They are also behind where they should be at QB, RB, and OL (using that term generally, since some of their guys move around).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back