Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

Bruh Said I can Just run his dog *** with all the sass, what the **** type of sh*t they got going on with the sass instructor? 😂

Guys, their football team is working on an all-male production of West Side Story for the charity, "Gaytes Without Jorts." Be nice.

west-side-story-harlem.jpg

How often does a team replace 4 good starters on an OL and just operate as a finely tuned machine on offense in week 1?

Especially when facing one of the 10 best defensive lines in the country?

These dudes genuinely think these are the same teams from last year.

their OL seemlessly transitioning is tyhe same as you calling a DL with 3/4 new starters top 10. You may be right, but our DL is just as unquantified as their OL

Advertisement
their OL seemlessly transitioning is tyhe same as you calling a DL with 3/4 new starters top 10. You may be right, but our DL is just as unquantified as their OL

Our best edge rusher from last year is back
We're adding a kid who played a ton at VT
We're adding a kid who played a ton at UCLA
We have a DT coming back who has played a ton and is a senior (Bethel)
We have a 3rd year player at DT who has experience (Ford)
We have a 5th year senior who has played a lot of ball here (Patchan)

I didn't even include Jade or Rousseau because they don't fit the experience narrative, but by all accounts both of these kids are poised for stardom.

Our DL is MILES more experienced and proven than their OL. Really poor take.

Our best edge rusher from last year is back
We're adding a kid who played a ton at VT
We're adding a kid who played a ton at UCLA
We have a DT coming back who has played a ton and is a senior (Bethel)
We have a 3rd year player at DT who has experience (Ford)
We have a 5th year senior who has played a lot of ball here (Patchan)

I didn't even include Jade or Rousseau because they don't fit the experience narrative, but by all accounts both of these kids are poised for stardom.

Our DL is MILES more experienced and proven than their OL. Really poor take.

i think we're gonna be good, but to turn that smorgasbord of info you lsited above and call it top 10 is pretty much a guess

Bruh Said I can Just run his dog *** with all the sass, what the **** type of sh*t they got going on with the sass instructor? 😂

JLo just found her new dancers.

Dudes look like they’re voguing. Them is some sassy biotches.

Oh lord, another "I'm so fair, I'm so open-minded" Gaytor defender.

No, transitioning 4 out of 5 new OLs is NOT the same as transitioning 3 out of 4 new DLs. And NO, out DL is NOT "just as unquantified" That's a load of crap.

First of all, OL players tend to stay on the field, as a unit, much more than DL players. Once you put your 5 best OLs on the field, an OC does not rotate in alternate OLs the way that a DC rotates DLs. So when you are replacing 80% of a starting OL, as opposed to 75% of a starting DL, you will TEND to have DLs who have more reps in the prior year.

Second, OL play tends to rely on coordination of efforts, whereas DL play (while somewhat planned) can be much more impacted by individual effort and dominant individual play. A DE who beats an OT to make a sack can often do so on his own, without relying on a playcall or coordination with the other 3 DLs.

More importantly, there are actual statistics that show how "quantified" our DLs are. If you add up the statistical production of our top 3 graduating DLs from 2018, and compare it to our top 3 returning DLs for 2019, you will see that Miami's defensive line (statistically) should not be a huge drop-off:

Graduating top 3 (Willis, Joe Jackson, Odenigbo) - 64 solo tackles, 67 assists, 38 tackles-for-loss, 12.5 sacks
Returning top 3 (Garvin, Patchan, Bethel) - 41 solo tackles, 70 assists, 24.5 tackles-for-loss, 7 sacks

Comparatively, there is a much bigger drop-off when you look at the UF OL. For one thing, the 4 graduating OLs were dominant in their on-field time, 3 started 13 games and the other started 12 games, with all 4 playing the vast majority of the non-garbage-time snaps. Of the top 6 returning UF OLs, 3 of them qualified to redshirt last year, with Delance playing in only 4 games, Bleich playing in only 4 games, and Gouriage playing in only 2 games. Heggie only played in 9 games (Buchanan played in 12 games and Forsythe played in 13 games). So the sum total impact of those 6 returning UF OLs is NOT a lot of snaps, that's for sure. Compared to the top 3 returning UM DLs, who played a much greater percentage of the time when compared to the UF OLs, it is very easy to conclude that the UM DLs are much more ready to step into starting roles when compared to the UF OLs.

Start doing some analysis, instead of making broad bland statements that generalize about "new starters". That's just a meaningless term that doesn't take into account whether "new starters" actually played meaningful time in the prior year.

Oh, and I haven't even factored in our transfers on the DL. Which Gaytor fans are fond of dismissing, when in reality, the Gaytors could have used a massive assist from OL transfers.

Advertisement
Getting my eyes dilated & the last thing I read is (assuming I'm not typing gibberish) "if we really wanted him Dan would get him".

So which is it? Is the sky falling because big dan can't recruit? Or is he letting guys.. HE'S BEEN RECRUITING.. go because he doesn't really want them?

i think we're gonna be good, but to turn that smorgasbord of info you lsited above and call it top 10 is pretty much a guess

No it's not, you nitwit.

Graduating top 3 DLs (Willis, Joe Jackson, Odenigbo) - 64 solo tackles, 67 assists, 38 tackles-for-loss, 12.5 sacks
Returning top 3 DLs (Garvin, Patchan, Bethel) - 41 solo tackles, 70 assists, 24.5 tackles-for-loss, 7 sacks

To which you add a healthy Rousseau, an older-stronger-improved Silvera, the Hill and Nnoruka transfers, and Jon motherfvcking Ford-tough.

Advertisement
Oh lord, another "I'm so fair, I'm so open-minded" Gaytor defender.

No, transitioning 4 out of 5 new OLs is NOT the same as transitioning 3 out of 4 new DLs. And NO, out DL is NOT "just as unquantified" That's a load of crap.

First of all, OL players tend to stay on the field, as a unit, much more than DL players. Once you put your 5 best OLs on the field, an OC does not rotate in alternate OLs the way that a DC rotates DLs. So when you are replacing 80% of a starting OL, as opposed to 75% of a starting DL, you will TEND to have DLs who have more reps in the prior year.

Second, OL play tends to rely on coordination of efforts, whereas DL play (while somewhat planned) can be much more impacted by individual effort and dominant individual play. A DE who beats an OT to make a sack can often do so on his own, without relying on a playcall or coordination with the other 3 DLs.

More importantly, there are actual statistics that show how "quantified" our DLs are. If you add up the statistical production of our top 3 graduating DLs from 2018, and compare it to our top 3 returning DLs for 2019, you will see that Miami's defensive line (statistically) should not be a huge drop-off:

Graduating top 3 (Willis, Joe Jackson, Odenigbo) - 64 solo tackles, 67 assists, 38 tackles-for-loss, 12.5 sacks
Returning top 3 (Garvin, Patchan, Bethel) - 41 solo tackles, 70 assists, 24.5 tackles-for-loss, 7 sacks

Comparatively, there is a much bigger drop-off when you look at the UF OL. For one thing, the 4 graduating OLs were dominant in their on-field time, 3 started 13 games and the other started 12 games, with all 4 playing the vast majority of the non-garbage-time snaps. Of the top 6 returning UF OLs, 3 of them qualified to redshirt last year, with Delance playing in only 4 games, Bleich playing in only 4 games, and Gouriage playing in only 2 games. Heggie only played in 9 games (Buchanan played in 12 games and Forsythe played in 13 games). So the sum total impact of those 6 returning UF OLs is NOT a lot of snaps, that's for sure. Compared to the top 3 returning UM DLs, who played a much greater percentage of the time when compared to the UF OLs, it is very easy to conclude that the UM DLs are much more ready to step into starting roles when compared to the UF OLs.

Start doing some analysis, instead of making broad bland statements that generalize about "new starters". That's just a meaningless term that doesn't take into account whether "new starters" actually played meaningful time in the prior year.

Oh, and I haven't even factored in our transfers on the DL. Which Gaytor fans are fond of dismissing, when in reality, the Gaytors could have used a massive assist from OL transfers.

This is absolute poetry.

Uhhhh we did the same thing the year before when we lost Norton, RJ, Chad, and Trent.

Also need to consider the guys we have returning were highly rated recruits playing behind more experienced players that were also highly rated recruits.... UF Oline is made up with a bunch of former 3* who sat behind underclassman last year. That would be like T. Martin coming and playing dline for us, I guess there is a chance they are late bloomers but our projected dline vs. UF projected oline is not an even comparison.

Advertisement
Our D line versus the UF O-line is the biggest mismatch of the game. There's a lot of areas both teams stack up fairly evenly but this matchup is all Miami. They'd better hope all those guys who have never played outside of mop-up duty have made huge jumps over the off season.

Our D line versus the UF O-line is the biggest mismatch of the game. There's a lot of areas both teams stack up fairly evenly but this matchup is all Miami. They'd better hope all those guys who have never played outside of mop-up duty have made huge jumps over the off season.

See, this "huge jumps" issue is important to note.

Gaytors might argue that "hey, they coached up the OLs last year, they can do the same this year". Of course, that is an assumption and it overlooks whether last year's Gaytor OLs were more experienced, or adapted to coaching better than this year's Gaytor OLs. Maybe this year's Gaytor OL will be as good as, if not better than, last year's Gaytor OL. But the limited evidence that we have does not support such a "hopeful" prediction.

In addition, Miami actually made an effort to get 2 top-notch transfer DLs while...the Gaytors did nothing comparable. Except to hope and pray that the guys already on the roster were going to suddenly improve. Maybe summer practice will be magical, but the Gaytor spring practices (and that mighty Gaytor spring game that featured a staged TD pass to Chris Doerring) would not seem to indicate that the top 6 Gaytor OLs are suddenly transformed into world-beaters.

Wife-beaters, maybe. World-beaters, no.

Advertisement
Back