Tears Gator Tears

FTFY... but in all seriousness, this does seem like much to do about nothing. Though the state attorney's quotes about it sound more like a defense attorney speaking on behalf of his/her client.

We can sit here and say this is an overreaction. That's an opinion.

But this is not just about grabbing a person's arm. There are differences in the world. This was a situation where a guy was JUST DOING HIS JOB, trying to tow a car with no permit on it. Perine interfered with the guy trying to do his job, grabbed his arm, and pulled him away from his truck.

Now, we have seen tow truck operators/impound lot workers in Gainesville get threatened by Gaytor fans before, such that they "recanted" what they had previously told police. And that might still happen here.

But this is NOT what the state attorney tries to tell you, where a person just randomly touches another person. This was an intentional act that was an attempt to prevent a person from doing his actual job. This wasn't one guy just bumping into another guy.

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1558028434917.jpg
giphy (90).gif

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1558028434917.jpg
    FB_IMG_1558028434917.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
We can sit here and say this is an overreaction. That's an opinion.

But this is not just about grabbing a person's arm. There are differences in the world. This was a situation where a guy was JUST DOING HIS JOB, trying to tow a car with no permit on it. Perine interfered with the guy trying to do his job, grabbed his arm, and pulled him away from his truck.

Now, we have seen tow truck operators/impound lot workers in Gainesville get threatened by Gaytor fans before, such that they "recanted" what they had previously told police. And that might still happen here.

But this is NOT what the state attorney tries to tell you, where a person just randomly touches another person. This was an intentional act that was an attempt to prevent a person from doing his actual job. This wasn't one guy just bumping into another guy.

Look, I agree the quote was ridiculous and showed the SA's true colors and motives. Even more so, it is a slippery slope for future similar arrests and the SA. However, who knows what happened. Tow truck operators can be pretty aggressive and shady in their own right. This one is not as damning as most of the other cases coming from that dump.

Advertisement

The State Attorney is letting it slide

Bill Cervone is the state attorney…. this is what it says on his profile

He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Florida Law School, where he has taught Trial Tactics for over 20 years, and has been a frequent instructor at professional seminars for prosecutors over the years. A native of Tampa, he has lived in Gainesville since 1967 and is a 1971 graduate of the University of Florida and a 1973 graduate of the University of Florida Law School.

Advertisement
Where you hearing this? If Henderson and Zipp don't qualify the meltdown would be epic.

The reporter that started the Chris Steele saga said on the Big 3 rollup that it is looking like he wont qualify and the 2 Lakeland kids are waiting for a test score to full qualify.

Advertisement
Grabbing another man’s arm IS a serious issue.

imo, it is battery. If youre a man, and you grab my arm, it’s very likely I’m going to consider it an attack on my person, and I’m going to have to defend myself, ie, you’re going to have a right cross coming your way.

That’s why things like this are considered battery, to avoid violence. So that men don’t put their hands on another man willy-nilly.

And the example that 100% gayturd state attorney gave is ridiculous. There’s a huge difference between a coworker patting you on the back or tapping your arm in a work environment, where there’s clearly no intent to violence, and someone grabbing your arm in a conflict.

Advertisement
Back