Garvin to the NFL

The better ? is, y does this keep happening?

So, if u peep, it looks like these kids r looking to leave ASAP from here. It’s not just on the def, it’s both sides of the ball. So what’s really going on?

Advertisement
The better ? is, y does this keep happening?

So, if u peep, it looks like these kids r looking to leave ASAP from here. It’s not just on the def, it’s both sides of the ball. So what’s really going on?

Handler culture?

Advertisement
Naw bro, b/c this ain’t happening at winning programs. Our kids are looking to bail every chance they get. Don’t recall this happening when we were winning.

Im sure we can examine the players leaving here one by one, see who they went with, and how they fared, etc., but I think there is a difference between these lineman vs. Kaaya vs. coaching changes, etc....

Situations like this should really make us appreciate a player like Zach McCloud even more. He saw the youth and shallow depth on our roster next year and decided to redshirt to give the team and coaches more veteran leadership while also hoping to secure more playing time and a better draft position for himself. That's the win win.

Advertisement
Worst of both worlds. I personally think he's making a horrible decision disirregardless of Manny but the people that should be convincing him to stay have zero credibility. Now factor in the extraneous toxic influences always around our program too and here we are again.

Could you imagine Manny trying to trick him into coming back.

Manny: You need to come back. Remember what I did with Dee Delaney? He was expected to be a day 1 or possibly day 2 pick. He decided to come back and I turned him into an UDFA! Remember Shaq and Pickney? They where expected to be day 2 picks and they came back and now they will be lucky to get drafted in the 5th round. KJ osborne? He was going to be a day 1 pick, but he came back and now he will lucky to be drafted in the 3rd round! Just stick around for another year, I am sure I can corch you up like I did for the other guys.

I don't see him lasting very long on an NFL roster. He's not ready to contribute now with his lack of skills and NFL is not a development league.

He wasn't developing at Miami either though so I understand why he wants to cash in now.
Agree...why stay if the staff exudes a lack of development across the board?

Advertisement
Obviously there's a lot of criticism for guys leaving when they "shouldn't", but where's the evidence of draft stock rising for guys that do come back? The last example that comes to mind is Michael Jackson Jr. He ended up in the 5th round. Would he have done worse than that had he left after junior year? I doubt it.

So you stay, are a year older (and a year of football is like a dog year unless your name is Frank Gore), and end up drafted at around the same spot as if you left early. Might as well go and get paid. Throw in horrendous college coaches and it makes more sense.

I got to wish this young mang the best of luck and thank him four his work.

As for the Canes, Garvin was just ok this year and Miami has much bigger problems to worry about than Garvin jumping early to da league.

Best wishes to Garvin in the league tho. I hope he balls out and reps that U to the fullest 🙌🏿

Honestly that'll help us more in the long-run than he would on the field at this point. We have solid depth & talent to replace him. Plus his NFL celebrity would help us bring in even more top recruits that want to be apart of that NFLU tradition which should in theory bring us more wins. Silver Lining 🤷🏿

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yall keep thinking this man had a down year, lol, he got moved to the strong side of the line, got schemed against, probably still led the team in qb pressures and was one of the best run stopping d-ends in the country, stay tuned!

Yall keep thinking this man had a down year, lol, he got moved to the strong side of the line, got schemed against, probably still led the team in qb pressures and was one of the best run stopping d-ends in the country, stay tuned!
Garvin was a strongside dend in 2018, he never lined up as a strongside dend this year and played exclusively as the weakside dend

Could you imagine Manny trying to trick him into coming back.

Manny: You need to come back. Remember what I did with Dee Delaney? He was expected to be a day 1 or possibly day 2 pick. He decided to come back and I turned him into an UDFA! Remember Shaq and Pickney? They where expected to be day 2 picks and they came back and now they will be lucky to get drafted in the 5th round. KJ osborne? He was going to be a day 1 pick, but he came back and now he will lucky to be drafted in the 3rd round! Just stick around for another year, I am sure I can corch you up like I did for the other guys.

Hahaha. Exactly (sadly)....even though I obviously think in Garvin's specific instance that he's still making a big mistake.

Perhaps this is where having some like like Zo around (in whatever role) that has massive NFL talent evaluation experience and could at least be semi-disconnected from whatever corches we have in place might* help. That he might be able to convince the kids that need to stay disirregardless of the current ****show state of our program to do so because Manny certainly hasn't earned any right to be trusted or to have faith in.

Advertisement
Back