Garvin to the NFL

Advertisement
curly bill.gif

Terrible decision, in my opinion. But what else is new with this team?

You could tell by the great effort he gave against Puke that he was leaving. Wanted to have at least one good game on tape this year.

Garvin is another in the long line of UM players who has a great freshman/sophomore season, coasts as a junior and plays like garbage, then declares. This program and the players who occupy it are a toilet.

Advertisement
One would have to imagine either he’s either: 1. just not that smart 2. it really sucks being with Baker and Manny 3. he was shown the door quietly

I believe it’s a combination of 1 and 2.

It's really about the second contract. Many of the players feel in their heart they can play on the next level. They are willing to throw their name in the ring, banking on the second contract.

Many college players in their Junior year understand one more year of College Ball most likely will not increase their draft status.

It's really about the second contract. Many of the players feel in their heart they can play on the next level. They are willing to throw their name in the ring, banking on the second contract.

Many college players in their Junior year understand one more year of College Ball most likely will not increase their draft status.
It’s all about the second contract until you get injured or the team drafts a stud and your expendable.
Clemson doesn’t win last year if all those dudes on that line left their junior year.

It’s all about the second contract until you get injured or the team drafts a stud and your expendable.
Clemson doesn’t win last year if all those dudes on that line left their junior year.
Exactly, however In today's world it's all about WIIFM (what's in it for me).

Advertisement
Statistically speaking he won’t reach a second contract, I hate that argument as a justification for leaving early. He has a lower chance of sticking with a team and seeing contract #2 by leaving early and missing out on another year of competition and development in the weight room.

It's extremely hard to be on a 53. We have more DEs in the NFL than any team in the country. If it was that easy, the other teams that recruit five stars every year would have more.

We've also been one of the top sack teams in the country, so it has translated in the Diaz area.

DE talent is the least of my concerns. And if athleticism is an issue, Rousseau, Phillips, Harvey and Chantz should kill those concerns.
@DMoney what do you think the defensive end rotation is gonna be with Hill and Garvin declining to play in the bowl. Obviously Patchen and Greg but who after that?

Statistically speaking he won’t reach a second contract, I hate that argument as a justification for leaving early. He has a lower chance of sticking with a team and seeing contract #2 by leaving early and missing out on another year of competition and development in the weight room.
Will be lucky to get drafted. Best case scenario Practice Squad guy.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson was a weakside dend his entire career at Miami , he never took any snaps as a re. Those strongside snaps belonged to chad Thomas/trent Harris in 2016 and 2017 and then garvin exclusively in 2018 period. This year they had garvin playing weakside dend

Perfect, just like i thought, Rofl, do you even watch UM play football!

Advertisement
Leaving early used to be for elite talents that had a really productive year (and felt they couldn't gain much by coming back). Garvin is talented but had a mediocre year relative to what it should have been. Tons of tape showing you loafing & playing without passion ain't going to resonate well with the Not For Long league.

If he was planning to leave after his Junior year, he should have been giving max effort all year & piled up stats. At least know how to market yourself.
IMHO, he's getting bad advice and selling himself short.

I also don't understand talented guys half-a@@ing it through a season. You only get one shot in life to "make it", why would you want to blow it so badly? Dumb as heck, if you ask me.

Also, how about repping with pride your name, your family name and your school (which gave you a free degree from a prestigious, private university)?

I wish Garvin the best (and hope he gets drafted) but this really feels like a situation where his true potential wasn't realized...mostly due to a lack of effort.

Advertisement
Back