Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
While I really want UM to get Garcia I think people are sleeping on TVD. Players have been raving about him for a while now.

I'm sure many are - i'm not one of them. I was a big advocate during his recruitment based on the film i saw.....arm talent, ball location, throwing on the run, etc. He's a big kid as well so i wont' cringe everytime someone hits him. I'm excited to see him develop in this offense.

That said, if King does leave, you need more than 1 guy to compete. Competition makes everyone better and pushes them to be great. Plus injuries are always a concern. I have no faith in Perry to take that next step. By all accounts he's matured off the field but he's not a guy we can win with on imo. That leaves Matocha who we knew was a developmental guy coming in but had the athletic profile to fit this scheme. Is he ready to make that leap?

I'm sure many are - i'm not one of them. I was a big advocate during his recruitment based on the film i saw.....arm talent, ball location, throwing on the run, etc. He's a big kid as well so i wont' cringe everytime someone hits him. I'm excited to see him develop in this offense.

That said, if King does leave, you need more than 1 guy to compete. Competition makes everyone better and pushes them to be great. Plus injuries are always a concern. I have no faith in Perry to take that next step. By all accounts he's matured off the field but he's not a guy we can win with on imo. That leaves Matocha who we knew was a developmental guy coming in but had the athletic profile to fit this scheme. Is he ready to make that leap?
The question with Matocha is arm strength. He looks the part from the snap until the ball leaves his hands. Accuracy is fine but he needs more juice to meet the minimum standard.

If you put Garcia’s arm on Matocha’s body, you’d have a stud.

The question with Matocha is arm strength. He looks the part from the snap until the ball leaves his hands. Accuracy is fine but he needs more juice to meet the minimum standard.

Wouldn’t that be an M. Night Shyamalan level twist if Matocha came out as the starter next year

Is that something that can be improved in the weight room for Matocha? Or is a stronger arm just natural?

Advertisement
While I really want UM to get Garcia I think people are sleeping on TVD. Players have been raving about him for a while now.

why can’t we have both and let them compete? This isn’t a an either or situation so why are people making it out to be?

You can want Garcia and still think TVD is the future. It’s called stacking chips. All top programs do it EVERY YEAR!

why can’t we have both and let them compete? This isn’t a an either or situation so why are people making it out to be?

You can want Garcia and still think TVD is the future. It’s called stacking chips. All top programs do it EVERY YEAR!
After witnessing two years where we had to run Malik Rosier out there at QB, I don’t understand how anybody can not want both TVD and Garcia on the team. I just don’t get it.

If King leaves you need a portal QB. I don’t care how good TVD is you need him to earn the job. And Perry, Matocha and Garcia wouldn’t be real competition in 2021.

However if King stays we finally have the QB room we needed. An outgoing senior leader who can play against Bama and Clemson, followed by TVD and Garcia. That would be the start of a new dynasty.

Advertisement
Is that something that can be improved in the weight room for Matocha? Or is a stronger arm just natural?
Yes and no. it's like with running. I can get faster from lifting etc but I'll never run a 4.3. Same with throwing a football/baseball With mechanics and core strength, you can increase RPM's but only as far as your body will allow.

Advertisement
It is impossible to look at the Canes as an outsider. Impossible. It’s in your blood my man. You live and die with them just like I do. I tell myself to stop being a lunatic about the Miami Hurricanes... it last for an hour and then I am back on the board and frothing at the mouth for game day. Arguing with people is not my game either by the way. Solid move.
Glad someone sees it like me man, no matter what its about the U bruh.

We’ve become weak as fans not wanting to offend the players. Most players know they will have to compete if they are going to a top program.

Alabamas and Clemsons get high four and five star qbs every year and their fans couldn’t care less about offending last year’s hotshot qb recruit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back