Game2 overreactions porst

Advertisement
I hear you. And I understand what they eventually want to do. But instead of forcing that type of system on a bunch of players not built for it, wouldn’t it make more sense to run a system your players can run while recruiting the guys you’ll eventually need to run your preferred offense? We don’t have to sacrifice today to be good tomorrow.
and to be good tomorrow never works. gattis could be gone in a year and his schemes wont mean ****. Mario I dont believe is stubborn. I dont think **** sacrifice wins for the future. even saban changed his offense when he had to. Mario learned under him. well see what happens as the year goes on. today was not good.

Something....Just to light a spark. We had WRs bumping into each other on routes. Our DB situation is disgusting.
Yeah I am NOT the guy to say it was TVDs fault. Gattis is the coach. If your guy is struggling then you figure it out.

I was disappointed in the penalties as well. Really just not in this game from the jump and that’s a coaching thing for me

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Rod is Godly must be that other poster who use to consistently defend Diaz no matter what.
Nahhhhh, everyone is acknowledging the players played flat and underperformed. Theres just a subsection of this site that was hating Gattis before he even called a play and now they are using this game as jerk off material

Advertisement
This is a square peg round hole situation with what the coaches want to do and the roster we currently have. Too many people enamored with trophies coaches have and they’re now losing their minds. If we don’t adjust to our strengths we will drop 3-4 games this year

I think we already knew this going into the season, but no Rhett Lashlee really hurts. We are a a vanilla offense with no downfield threats like Rambo and Harley.

I hear you. And I understand what they eventually want to do. But instead of forcing that type of system on a bunch of players not built for it, wouldn’t it make more sense to run a system your players can run while recruiting the guys you’ll eventually need to run your preferred offense? We don’t have to sacrifice today to be good tomorrow.
It makes sense to us, but this is legit Mario’s philosophy and DNA. It’s hard to go away from what you believe in.

Advertisement
There’s a reason he isn’t playing sooooooo yeah

Nahhhhh, everyone is acknowledging the players played flat and underperformed. Theres just a subsection of this site that was hating Gattis before he even called a play and now they are using this game as jerk off material
People are allowed to feel that way about Gattis, this aint China man stop acting like everyone has to agree with you. Gattis called a slow game. I definitely think TVD had a mediocre game and could have been off but if we are talking NFL draft pick then he has to be better with his throws. He missed at least 4 or 5 wide open receivers. Can't do that in big games.

Couple of observations here

This Miami team lacks real top end talent. There are no real playmakers nor dynamic players on offense. If Restrepo is your "Guy" then that's a major problem. The RB's are all very average, Franklin being the guy that can probably carry a load. Parrish is a role player, being asked to be a leader (And I'm a huge fan of Parrish). I only see ONE player on the current roster at skill positions that shows SOMETHING different and dynamic, that was 83 WR. The WR talent level is very low, same for DB's. I would suggest you guys watch CFB games all day long and see that other teams simply have more skilled talent. As a skill position player you have to have at least ONE high level skill (Speed, Lateral explosiveness, PHYSICALITY, Size, etc)....most of our guys do not have ONE top end attribute. It is VERY evident.....and I mean that with regard to the upper level of CFB. Watch Bama vs Texas today....we don't have guys like that.

Mario will address those things in time.

The other thing I am confident in is that the OC is a very bad fit for Miami. His style of play and history of play calling is not and will not fit at Miami. This will likely be a 2 year journey that ends up with Gattis "Moving on" to another gig. That offensive style of play should NEVER BE AT MIAMI, FSU, UF, UCF ETC. It is lame, has not real imagination and in this day and age will not cut it. Even Saban does not run that old style of offense. It has been painful to watch. I'm confident there will eventually be a change at OC.

Two straight weeks we can’t keep the QB contained….

3rd down defense is laughable… not yet “3rd and Diaz” level but it’s pretty embarrassing relative to the talent we’ve played

and to be good tomorrow never works. gattis could be gone in a year and his schemes wont mean ****. Mario I dont believe is stubborn. I dont think **** sacrifice wins for the future. even saban changed his offense when he had to. Mario learned under him. well see what happens as the year goes on. today was not good.
You’re misreading, brother. Gattis will be replaced with a guy that does something similar. It’s a philosophical alignment. This is Miami football unless Mario has a complete revelation

Advertisement
When Golden and D’Onofrio tried to force their Penn State 3/4 defense on us when they didn’t have the pieces there were fans saying “just wait until they get their guys”. Four years later, their defense was still trash and Golden’s got canned.

Don’t get me wrong ..TVD was bad today but Gattis needs to take half of the blame. Generic on purpose theory has never been true in our past experience.

How can you be good in the passing game if you don’t practice it during the game to get real experience? If TVD is slow with his reads with the generic playbook, how is he going to be with the creative plays?
It's a new offense. Maybe and hopefully they practice the other plays more that we won't get to see until next week. I'm hoping.

If it's the same offensive plays next week then we have a big problem. Regardless, the offensive line must be better in the pass game. If they miss blocks like they did today, TVD could wind up injured against AtM.

I'm reserving judgment on the offense until next week.

People are allowed to feel that way about Gattis, this aint China man stop acting like everyone has to agree with you. Gattis called a slow game. I definitely think TVD had a mediocre game and could have been off but if we are talking NFL draft pick then he has to be better with his throws. He missed at least 4 or 5 wide open receivers. Can't do that in big games.
Oh, for sure, no one has to agree. The beautiful part is all the games will be played and we'll see who ends up being right

Advertisement
Couple of observations here

This Miami team lacks real top end talent. There are no real playmakers nor dynamic players on offense. If Restrepo is your "Guy" then that's a major problem. The RB's are all very average, Franklin being the guy that can probably carry a load. Parrish is a role player, being asked to be a leader (And I'm a huge fan of Parrish). I only see ONE player on the current roster at skill positions that shows SOMETHING different and dynamic, that was 83 WR. The WR talent level is very low, same for DB's. I would suggest you guys watch CFB games all day long and see that other teams simply have more skilled talent. As a skill position player you have to have at least ONE high level skill (Speed, Lateral explosiveness, PHYSICALITY, Size, etc)....most of our guys do not have ONE top end attribute. It is VERY evident.....and I mean that with regard to the upper level of CFB. Watch Bama vs Texas today....we don't have guys like that.

Mario will address those things in time.

The other thing I am confident in is that the OC is a very bad fit for Miami. His style of play and history of play calling is not and will not fit at Miami. This will likely be a 2 year journey that ends up with Gattis "Moving on" to another gig. That offensive style of play should NEVER BE AT MIAMI, FSU, UF, UCF ETC. It is lame, has not real imagination and in this day and age will not cut it. Even Saban does not run that old style of offense. It has been painful to watch. I'm confident there will eventually be a change at OC.

second part:

The DC is solid and the defensive staff is very solid. They just need better players. We lack LB's and DB's. The offensive staff will eventually be shook up and revamped. Miami should have tried to hire a guy like Lebby for OC and worked with him. This current OC will scare off top end talent in recruiting. No QB, RB, WR wants to play in that BS midswestern style of grind it out football. This is 2022

Miami will be fine, but because of the TYPE OF COACH MC is (Not a guru on either side of the ball) and the approach he is taking....it will take longer than you would like. He flat out could not find the OC he wanted, and had to bring in this guy, who again IMO (MY OPINION) is a bad fit at MIami (and I don't care about some awards bs)

Frankly, I like having an offense that can run the ball using a very vanilla offense. I like what I saw
People didnt watch the game or dont know football. One or the other. This is EXACTLY what I saw.
IMHO, I agree that this take is very accurate.

I love seeing that the Canes are not one dimensional, and can run the ball and eat up clock. Parrish is clearly RB1 and Franklin is RB2. The CIS favorite at RB, the “Rooster,” has some work to do to catch them.

Also, two TD drives were stalled due to penalties, and TVD (the Canes best offensive player) missed some easy throws and reads. It happens. TVD will get over whatever was going on with him today, and bounce back.

Defense started sluggish, but continued to get better. This was a better overall performance than against Bethune. The defense improved in the second half today, only gave up 7 points the whole game, and shut out Southern Miss in the second half. I don’t know what more the defense can be expected to do. As long as they keep improving, that is a good sign.

This just goes to show that schemes do matter.

TVD finished last season with 6 straight games where he passed for 300 plus yards and 3+ TD’s. So far this season he seems to have seriously regressed. He’s holding on to the ball way too long, and he’s late on a lot of throws and seems to not be able to get in a rhythm.

We look like we’re running a 1982, try to pound the other team to death offense. Only problem is that we don’t have the horses to be forcing that kind of style when it’s not working.

When Mario and Gattis finally decided to start passing the ball on 1st down at the end of the 1st half, we moved the ball at will.

Just a **** poor performance offensively.

On defense, I think that we looked far better than last week. But our DB’s still gave up way too many chunk plays to a much inferior offense.

If this team plays like this next week at a&m, they will get boat raced.

The refs were atrocious, as usual. But that is to be expected.

Advertisement
Back