Game2 overreactions porst

I know people have been begging for a reason to trash Gattis so they got their ammunition today

What I saw was him giving TVD a bunch of easy chances right off the bat. Look at the first drive on 3rd down. He makes that play in his sleep.

Then the next drive same kinda thing. Easy plays.

So then Gattis went to the run exclusively and people were ****ed because we weren’t winning by enough at that point

I get it, but also it’s not because Gattis was just not letting TVD do his thing
People didnt watch the game or dont know football. One or the other. This is EXACTLY what I saw.

Advertisement
We struggled to score against a bad G5 team. I don’t care about time of possession or third down percentage or anything that’s not points scored. There was a solid improvement in the second half but that first half performance will cost us games. I’m not even talking about A&M. We’re going to lose to crap ACC teams playing this way.
this.

Here comes the social media drama. Avantae apparently deleted everything Miami related and posted some cryptic bs. I’m sick and tired of pu*** *** dramatic players in sports.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We struggled to score against a bad G5 team. I don’t care about time of possession or third down percentage or anything that’s not points scored. There was a solid improvement in the second half but that first half performance will cost us games. I’m not even talking about A&M. We’re going to lose to crap ACC teams playing this way.
Call your momma and talk about it with her 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not defending it or saying I even like it, but it accomplished exactly what Mario wants. We had one drive where we went 78 yards in 7 minutes on 14 plays. Mario might rub one out to that play recap tonight. The Interior OL is soft and TVD looked lost. He has to be better to lift the ceiling

Advertisement
People didnt watch the game or dont know football. One or the other. This is EXACTLY what I saw.
I don’t want to get caught up in an excuse making deal, or pretending coaches aren’t making mistakes

Just saw a QB that played as bad as he looked against UVA and UNC in the first halves of those games, and an OL that was inconsistent in the run game

Not ideal if you’re an OC

Maybe Gattis is the antichrist like some believe here, but I don’t think two games against these two teams is enough to tell me anything

Advertisement
Call your momma and talk about it with her 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not defending it or saying I even like it, but it accomplished exactly what Mario wants. We had one drive where we went 78 yards in 7 minutes on 14 plays. Mario might rub one out to that play recap tonight. The Interior OL is soft and TVD looked lost. He has to be better to lift the ceiling
When we play a team that we don’t have a huge talent advantage at every single position, it’s going to come back to bite them if this is the offense they want.

Yes. He and the offensive line.

The offensive line was pathetic in pass blocking.

TVD was slow with his reads and some of his passes were not accurate. I'm only talking about the plays where he had time to throw. He's holding the ball too long staring down WRs which is why he got picked. He could have had 2-3 ints today instead of just 1.

Lastly, I believe Gattis has been generic with a purpose. He's saving his offensive for AtM. I expect a lot more throws from TVD and more creative TE play in the passing game.
Don’t get me wrong ..TVD was bad today but Gattis needs to take half of the blame. Generic on purpose theory has never been true in our past experience.

How can you be good in the passing game if you don’t practice it during the game to get real experience? If TVD is slow with his reads with the generic playbook, how is he going to be with the creative plays?

When we play a team that we don’t have a huge talent advantage at every single position, it’s going to come back to bite them if this is the offense they want.
It absolutely will cost us a couple games. This is a long term investment that’s going to require multiple classes. When we play UF in 2024 and bully tf out of them it will make sense. In the meantime, just drink through it like me

Advertisement
Back