Game2 overreactions porst

I know people have been begging for a reason to trash Gattis so they got their ammunition today

What I saw was him giving TVD a bunch of easy chances right off the bat. Look at the first drive on 3rd down. He makes that play in his sleep.

Then the next drive same kinda thing. Easy plays.

So then Gattis went to the run exclusively and people were ****ed because we weren’t winning by enough at that point

I get it, but also it’s not because Gattis was just not letting TVD do his thing
There were plays to be had, I dont know how it looks on tv but TVD seems to lock on his guy and he is going there, he will double clutch and still throw if he has to.. Some plays guys are running wide open but he isnt looking for them.. Left alot on field..

Advertisement
We're not saving anything from the playbook for the upcoming games that actually matter. We've laid it all out there already. We fvcked.

But, good news is the players will create their own playbook at their player practice and pajama party

B2422B85-1931-4D61-B033-A5CE140665BA.jpeg

BAND?!

Advertisement
There were plays to be had, I dont know how it looks on tv but TVD seems to lock on his guy and he is going there, he will double clutch and still throw if he has to.. Some plays guys are running wide open but he isnt looking for them.. Left alot on field..
The encouraging thing is TVD did this last year too. Just took him a little time and then he was just letting it rip

I know Gattis offense is different, but TVD can still be that type of guy in any offense

By the ACC schedule I fully expect to see a different guy than we saw today

Advertisement
The encouraging thing is TVD did this last year too. Just took him a little time and then he was just letting it rip

I know Gattis offense is different, but TVD can still be that type of guy in any offense

By the ACC schedule I fully expect to see a different guy than we saw today
They keep telling me he is an NFL qb, if brice can go into texas AM and take the luster off our game I want to see him ball out.. **** man

They keep telling me he is an NFL qb, if brice can go into texas AM and take the luster off our game I want to see him ball out.. **** man
No one is a bigger TVD fan than I am but man I tried pumping the brakes non stop this off-season

I rewatched a lot of games last year and TVD didn’t even have to think, he would just throw it to Rambo

That and the offensive philosophy shift and I really felt strongly it would take him longer than people expected. The Heisman, leaving early top 10 pick stuff was…not unwarranted…but just crazy premature

Even another year in Lashlees offense would not have been a slam dunk. He wasn’t going to sneak up on anyone this year. We see this stuff ALL the time

But he’s gonna be good to go, he’s just too good of a player and competitor

On the positive flip side…..take a look at some scores from today.

#8 ND lost to Marshall
#6 TAMU lost to App State
#5 Clemson won 35-12 vs Furman (they play football?)
#2 UGA won 33-0 vs Samford
#1 Bama SHOULD have lost. Won 20-19 vs unranked Texas with a bad backup QB in a bad football game

So if you are looking at pure scores and results; the Miami 30-7 win is probably a better result than most of those teams today. I still think the offense is an awkward, slow, low tempo, painful fit for Miami in the long run. Mario will figure it out. Even Saban went through a few bad OC’s before hitting his stride and making dynamic changes

Advertisement
We've got a 1st year staff with 2 games under their belts and some of y'all are ready to jump off a cliff. Relax. We were good last week. Average today. Next Saturday is our first true test of the season. IF we ace it, I wonder what you Debbie downers will cry about then?

Correct. It's not Mario's style, and this will be a lesson that he will likely have to learn and grow through in the next 1-2 years. Saban also went through the same process. Smashmouth lame football has been dead for a long time, and typically 'Southern" teams destroy it and eat it up. Nobody really runs that stuff anymore outside of Harbaugh.

IMO we will progress quickly on the D side of the ball as more top end talent is added (Hopefully via portal this offseason). Offensively, it will be a longer process and Mario is going to need to make adjustments and changes. Mario is a "Process/Organization" coach, not an X's and O's guru on offense nor defense. He's not Lincoln Riley who can just jump into a job and instantly revamp an offense and national offensive talent is following him to his school. Mario needs to eventually hire a "Riley" type of OC for Miami.

Advertisement
Correct. It's not Mario's style, and this will be a lesson that he will likely have to learn and grow through in the next 1-2 years. Saban also went through the same process. Smashmouth lame football has been dead for a long time, and typically 'Southern" teams destroy it and eat it up. Nobody really runs that stuff anymore outside of Harbaugh.

IMO we will progress quickly on the D side of the ball as more top end talent is added (Hopefully via portal this offseason). Offensively, it will be a longer process and Mario is going to need to make adjustments and changes. Mario is a "Process/Organization" coach, not an X's and O's guru on offense nor defense. He's not Lincoln Riley who can just jump into a job and instantly revamp an offense and national offensive talent is following him to his school. Mario needs to eventually hire a "Riley" type of OC for Miami.
Uh yeah I was just pointing to Vern getting banned

Not what he said

Advertisement
Back