Game2 overreactions porst

We will definitely need to run the ball with more consistency

But I’m sure their fans are saying the same ****

“If we play like this next week Miami will boat race us!”

Being fans I guess
eh we wont get boat raced unless we just dont show up on D and thats hard to do w a jumbo offense. we have to be a lot. better. well be the lesser talented out there

Advertisement
We ran the ball 49 times today for 3.5 ypc and passed the ball 32 times for 8.7 per play. but I was repeatedly told we would be 50/50 in our offense
See, here's one. A week away from the Texas A&M matchup, are you wanting to be 50/50 or bring out a back of tricks against... *checks notes*... Southern ******* Miss for what, so you can be more entertained on your Saturday?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys care more about the style than actually winning.

See, here's one. A week away from the Texas A&M matchup, are you wanting to be 50/50 or bring out a back of tricks against... *checks notes*... Southern ******* Miss for what, so you can be more entertained on your Saturday?

You still waiting for Richt to open the playbook too?

We’re going to need some kind of explosion on offense. We’re not just going to be able to go five yards at a time up and down the field against their defense. Our DBs will make their bum quarterback look like Tom Brady though
Arroyo/Mallory, Key Smiff…those guys gotta stretch out the field next week

Advertisement
There isn’t a team in history going the right direction as a program that didn’t have one of these type of games. Manny lost these type of games Mario lit a fire on their asses before the 2nd half.

They scored 7 points. You wouldn’t know it from the comments.

Mario is on top of this. Bama just escaped defeat from a trash Texas team. Nobody is playing perfect football.

We still playing that off coverage and not taking deep shots and winning soundly. Team won’t come out flat next week . aTm is in for a rude awakening.

Advertisement
We ran the ball 49 times today for 3.5 ypc and passed the ball 32 times for 8.7 per play...just a super philosophy And results. But I was repeatedly told we would be 50/50 in our offense
Your first mistake was listening to anyone on this board lol If you just looked up any previous team coached by Mario, you would have seen a 55/45 rush/pass ratio and noticed that Gattis was 60/40 last year as the Broyles winner

Advertisement
I rewatched the first half offensive plays. SMiss' defensive gameplan was basically to take away the deep ball with two deep safeties on every play(mixed with some cover 3 and quarters looks). By now, opposing DCs know how efficient TVD is with the deep passes. They will make him prove that he can consistently get the ball to his underneath receivers

It’s the same excuse I hear every year, we’re saving the playbook, then we continue to look like crap and have the same tendencies. Well we didn’t have a TD until right before halftime, so are you going to save plays for next week when you’re down 7-3?

I have been critical of Gattis pretty much since we hire him but you have to put some of the blame on TVD also. This is back to back weeks where there’s been receivers running uncovered downfield and Van Dyke doesn’t even notice them. I don’t know if the system is that much more complicated where he’s struggling going through progressions or if the offense is literally designed to have one or two reads and everyone else is just running decoy routes.

Advertisement
I rewatched the first half offensive plays. SMiss' defensive gameplan was basically to take away the deep ball with two deep safeties on every play(mixed with some cover 3 and quarters looks). By now, opposing DCs know how efficient TVD is with the deep passes. They will make him prove that he can consistently get the ball to his underneath receivers
And in this game he didn't so it worked. I see more complaints about run/pass ratio and Gattis's playcalling and almost no posts about how TVD played like garbage.

Do people even understand what they're watching?

Nah bro, he’s holding back that top secret playbook until the big game.

Gattis isn’t calling the downfield plays like 2018 Alabama or his Michigan teams. I think he is holding back but we will see in College Station. He ran more deep routes with sorry *** McNamara.

I think he opens it up. If not, there will be blood.

It’s the same excuse I hear every year, we’re saving the playbook, then we continue to look like crap and have the same tendencies. Well we didn’t have a TD until right before halftime, so are you going to save plays for next week when you’re down 7-3?
Did you want the team to call more plays with a quarterback who wasn't good? Were you aware that TVD was outplayed by the starting QB of Southern Miss? Did you factor that at all into any of these posts?

Advertisement
Back