Game observations...sideline tidbits

Advertisement
Ej gonna Ej.. You cannot have it both ways. He will learn stop acting like he's vontaze burfict or something. Kid is a RS give him another offseason more mentorship and he will be fine.

I love EJ too. dude is exactly what this team has been missing. he opened my eyes in the BC game when he blew the coverage and ran down the receiver and mean mugged that **** and straight up took the ball away. haven't seen that kinda **** in a long time

Advertisement
Sitting EJ in the 4th was a great time for a coaching point. The game was already over, placing him on the bench wouldn't hurt the team and it also showed him consequences for his action.

He played almost the entire 4th quarter but with 5 min left he got called on a bull**** taunting penalty for standing over a usf player on the ground and talking **** to him.. I have no problems with what he did

Sitting EJ in the 4th was a great time for a coaching point. The game was already over, placing him on the bench wouldn't hurt the team and it also showed him consequences for his action.

He played almost the entire 4th quarter but with 5 min left he got called on a bull**** taunting penalty for standing over a usf player on the ground and talking **** to him.. I have no problems with what he did

You have no problem with our team being up 37-6 and just needing to put the game away and one of our players can't keep his head on straight and when it should be 4th down he keeps the other team alive with a boneheaded penalty?

You sir are another one of the people living in the 80's. we are not good enough to have stupid penalties anymore. And even worse EJ needs to learn in a closer game that could be a huge call.

You have no problem with our team being up 37-6 and just needing to put the game away and one of our players can't keep his head on straight and when it should be 4th down he keeps the other team alive with a boneheaded penalty?

You sir are another one of the people living in the 80's. we are not good enough to have stupid penalties anymore. And even worse EJ needs to learn in a closer game that could be a huge call.

This. College football isnt the same as when we watched 30 for 30 :THE U . You cant take stupid penalties and talk trash like the old days. We also, as a university, are trying to distant yourselves from that. You think Shalala is highering acceptence requirements because we wants to keep hearing about stories of players getting into fights at clubs or stealing radios from parked cars 10 years from now?? EJ needs to control himself! 84 other players on that team would love the old days back but the atmosphere has changed completely.

If DUKE can completely take over a game and control himself until he gets to the sideline, why does EJ have to continue looking for fights on the field?

Him sitting for the rest of the game was Ohnofiro's (or Golden's) way of showing him that that penalty is not OK. In the end, it was meaningless to the game but I think EJ learned a lesson in this instance.

Advertisement

This. College football isnt the same as when we watched 30 for 30 :THE U . You cant take stupid penalties and talk trash like the old days. We also, as a university, are trying to distant yourselves from that. You think Shalala is highering acceptence requirements because we wants to keep hearing about stories of players getting into fights at clubs or stealing radios from parked cars 10 years from now?? EJ needs to control himself! 84 other players on that team would love the old days back but the atmosphere has changed completely.

If DUKE can completely take over a game and control himself until he gets to the sideline, why does EJ have to continue looking for fights on the field?

LOL

Duke has been talking **** for games now. You need to pay closer attention.

Just as an update to OP, I saw Deon Bush yesterday and he was not in a neck brace or anything like that.

LOL

This, Duke talks trash after almost every play and I love it.

LOL

LOL honestly Ive never noticed... I usually see him flick the ball to refs after TDs... KK Bad example.

Advertisement

LOL

LOL honestly Ive never noticed... I usually see him flick the ball to refs after TDs... KK Bad example.

Duke jaws at the defender who tackled him a lot. Nothing over the top, but watch him carefully and you'll see it. A couple of times another UM player has had to pull him away.

Duke Johnson seems to do it without showing anyone up. EJ is a little over the top. Everyone is wired a little differently.

I was one of those who said, "I love EJ's attitude, he's nasty..." but that changed after the V Tech Game - did anyone else notice the series where he kept jawing with a coach (or trainer? not sure who the guy was) on the V Tech sideline? The guy talked shti to him on one play and it totally got in EJ's head...he wouldn't let it go and his main focus was this dude who wasn't even in the game...that worried me.

Advertisement
I was one of those who said, "I love EJ's attitude, he's nasty..." but that changed after the V Tech Game - did anyone else notice the series where he kept jawing with a coach (or trainer? not sure who the guy was) on the V Tech sideline? The guy talked shti to him on one play and it totally got in EJ's head...he wouldn't let it go and his main focus was this dude who wasn't even in the game...that worried me.

Cemented him as my favorite player in a few years. He made plays and talking **** to coaches. Give me 11 of those guys.

It did not affect his play, though.

Yeah that makes him officially my favorite player

duke and ej by far re the most sh*t talkers on the team....

literally every play duke gets tackled or lowers on a guy he lets em feel it...................THATS MIAMI SH*T....thats how we in s.fla grew up playing....sh*t is normal....those jersey/cali coaches we have they wont understand that......
The thing is YOU have to back it up....Duke has...and for the most part EJ brings it....

i was actually happy to finally see it again....

Advertisement
Back