Game observations...sideline tidbits

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think you can get mad at Williams, they probably teach that all the time, instinct is going to kick in aha he's going to do what he's been taught.

EJ?

No blood, no foul!

Release the Kracken!

It does my heart good to see that Berserker on the field, and while we may get a penalty on occasion - it puts the fear of God on the opposing team.

EJ will be fine and on the team next year. When this team starts winning then you will see golden loosen the reigns a little. Can't afford to do it now but if in two years we are winning 10+ then you will see more of what EJ does now. You don't knowingly recruit guys like EJ only to muzzle them.

Advertisement
Ryan Williams made a great throw on the offsides play.

I didn't see anything wrong with Eddie Johnson's smack talk. He'd hit right in @ LSU (what I wish we looked like on defense)

F D'Onofrio. Don't burn bridges with your best players.
And Eddie is a Golden recruit... so they had to have some idea what they were getting into.

EJ needs to keep doin what EJ does. He's not being overly retarded. Hes talking some **** and backing it up. Its not like hes making obvious late hits or pushing dudes into piles after the play. Hes running his mouth a little bit.

**** let the team have some confidence. EJ is by far my favorite cat on this team. He needs to be here for his entire college career.

As for Jenkins, he played really well today. He made a couple of tackles that impressed the **** outta me, also had some good coverage, one in particular he was manned up on a USF wr on a deep route running stride for stride on his hip.

And Bush + Jenkins starting next week? ZOMG.

Tailgated next to Deon and Malcolm Lewis. Deon looked fine (no neck brace) and Lewis was walking around on his own (no crutches/boot)

Advertisement
]
This is a total assumption on my part but I'm really worried about E. Johnson's standing on this team. As in if he will make it through the year or be here next year. After his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he walked over to the sideline with his head down and Dnofrio just pointed at the bench. He sat on the bench for a long time alone. The McGhee came and got him and took him for a private conversation away from everyone. After, Johnson sat back down alone and stayed alone for the rest of the game. He really needs to get his head on straight. He is too good of a player to not be here next year.

I'm sad, I like Eddie Johnson. Hope he makes it out OK.

I like Eddie ,you have to have some guys like that on the team!!! The play maker said that we needed more players that play with an edge!!

EJ has emotional issues and the kid needs help. His sideline behavior, which also included throwing his helmet, is common and happens in practice a couple times a week. The poor kid does not have control of his emotions and I sincerely hope they can get him help.

Allen Hurns also had a melt down after Herb Water's long touchdown. Hurns was upset he wasn't in the game and when Coach McDonald called him and he wouldn't come. Coach was ****ed and told him he wouldn't play for him with that attitude. Coach Golden tried to talk to Hurns and he listened and then just walked away. He didn't seem to like Waters getting his playing time. You can't blame him, but he needs to grow up and compete.

Advertisement
You do not dismiss a kid like Johnson. If Golden wants to win big at a premier program, he's going to have these types of kids on the team. It is a fact with many years of evidence to back it up.

He needs to learn how to harness and control him just enough. If every big school booted a kid off any time they acted wild, a lot of programs would be missing great players.

EJ has emotional issues and the kid needs help. His sideline behavior, which also included throwing his helmet, is common and happens in practice a couple times a week. The poor kid does not have control of his emotions and I sincerely hope they can get him help.

Allen Hurns also had a melt down after Herb Water's long touchdown. Hurns was upset he wasn't in the game and when Coach McDonald called him and he wouldn't come. Coach was ****ed and told him he wouldn't play for him with that attitude. Coach Golden tried to talk to Hurns and he listened and then just walked away. He didn't seem to like Waters getting his playing time. You can't blame him, but he needs to grow up and compete.

**** man....why can't these kids be happy for each other? Hurns should be celebrating with Waters, not arguing with a coach.

I don't think you can get mad at Williams, they probably teach that all the time, instinct is going to kick in aha he's going to do what he's been taught.

Speaking of which, it amazes me how good our team (both of the QBs and a couple of WRs) have been at recognizing off-sides and immediately changing the route and taking the free play.

Advertisement
Back