Game observations...sideline tidbits

You do not dismiss a kid like Johnson. If Golden wants to win big at a premier program, he's going to have these types of kids on the team. It is a fact with many years of evidence to back it up.

He needs to learn how to harness and control him just enough. If every big school booted a kid off any time they acted wild, a lot of programs would be missing great players.

This, help the kid understand when it's alright to go full blown Eddie, and when to walk away.

Advertisement
EJ has emotional issues and the kid needs help. His sideline behavior, which also included throwing his helmet, is common and happens in practice a couple times a week. The poor kid does not have control of his emotions and I sincerely hope they can get him help.

Allen Hurns also had a melt down after Herb Water's long touchdown. Hurns was upset he wasn't in the game and when Coach McDonald called him and he wouldn't come. Coach was ****ed and told him he wouldn't play for him with that attitude. Coach Golden tried to talk to Hurns and he listened and then just walked away. He didn't seem to like Waters getting his playing time. You can't blame him, but he needs to grow up and compete.

**** man....why can't these kids be happy for each other? Hurns should be celebrating with Waters, not arguing with a coach.

They are still kids and some are more mature than others. Hurns is a good kid, his disappointment not being in the game got the best of him. He will be fine, just needs to grow up too.

EJ has emotional issues and the kid needs help. His sideline behavior, which also included throwing his helmet, is common and happens in practice a couple times a week. The poor kid does not have control of his emotions and I sincerely hope they can get him help.

Allen Hurns also had a melt down after Herb Water's long touchdown. Hurns was upset he wasn't in the game and when Coach McDonald called him and he wouldn't come. Coach was ****ed and told him he wouldn't play for him with that attitude. Coach Golden tried to talk to Hurns and he listened and then just walked away. He didn't seem to like Waters getting his playing time. You can't blame him, but he needs to grow up and compete.

**** man....why can't these kids be happy for each other? Hurns should be celebrating with Waters, not arguing with a coach.

They are still kids and some are more mature than others. Hurns is a good kid, his disappointment not being in the game got the best of him. He will be fine, just needs to grow up too.

That's interesting about Hurns because isn't Hurnsy one of the guys that Golden has talked about in an extremely positive light?

The EJ theme on the board was hilarious at the time, but starting to think that it's not-so-hilarious... it's potentially tragic. Seen this story way too many times. Hope someone can get through to him before something more serious happens.

Advertisement
Yeah well EJ's penalty gave usf a 1st down, with 5 min left instead of having to punt. Had they have punted UM could have run out the clock with mj an possibly got him his last TD at home.

So yeah EJ needs to play smarter. Also that type of play could be a game killer with dumb mistakes.

Go Canes

This small stuff happens in football! I think the coaches are more understanding and more forgiving of emotions on game day than many here are giving credit for. EJ had a "talking to" midway through the forth quarter, then he was back playing the next series. Coach D was the MOST ****ed off at Chick's "selfishness", and back talking to coaches during the end of the game! This **** happens and EJ will be just fine.

Advertisement
I saw Malcolm Lewis on campus this week and he was in a boot and walking with crutches.

Advertisement

That's interesting about Hurns because isn't Hurnsy one of the guys that Golden has talked about in an extremely positive light?

I get the feeling EJ wont be here much longer.. Its a shame cause he has the potential to be a great player once he quits the "me against the world" act. As for Hurns, how muany multiple touchdown games has this kid had? He's definintely had some shine on him. Why get mad cause a FRESHMAN scored a long TD in a game you were winning by a large margin??? I'm glad to here McDonald didn't stand for it!

Tailgated next to Deon and Malcolm Lewis. Deon looked fine (no neck brace) and Lewis was walking around on his own (no crutches/boot)

Fire Golden for not playing them

Fire him for them getting hurt in the first place

Deon and Malcom were tailgating? Lol what the **** u talking bout mane

Yes, they were absolutely there tailgating next to where I was. Deon had all his Miami gear on. He probably watched the game from the stands.

Advertisement
EJ will be fine. its gameday emotions. he just needs to straighten up off the field thats all. coaches wont kick him off the team for talking smack on the field. if that was the case then that tenn safety who got into a fight w andre johnson (cant rmr his name) would never have made an NFL team. golden knows what he has w denzel and ej at LB and as long as EJ stays disciplined off the field they wont give up on him. and for hurns, portis told a story of when he was at UM he used to tell jarrett payton to go the wrong way on routes so he would have the upper hand in practice. they dont want to lose their spot thats all. not uncommon when your a competitor

I can't believe all of you women complaining about finally having a player with attitude who shows some game day emotion and who can actually back it up as a RS freshman

EJ is the top knigga in Coral Gables right now

Sitting EJ in the 4th was a great time for a coaching point. The game was already over, placing him on the bench wouldn't hurt the team and it also showed him consequences for his action.

Advertisement
Back