*** GAME EATS THREAD ***

Alright so I have a multi course feast planned for today.

Right now I have some wings baking in the oven. Once they come out I'll toss them in the fryer for about a minute for extra crisp and then toss them in a home made garlic and lemon pepper sauce. That will tide me over until kickoff. I also have various chips and dip out for my guests to munch on.

For the main course we're gonna with the tried and true - take out pizza. There is a place by me which makes the absolute best deep dish pepperoni pie. They cook the pepperoni separately and add it on top last so the pizza doesn't get too oily. It's a marvelous method which I'm unsure why isn't duplicated more. I find regular pepperoni pies to be far too greasy and oily. Anyway, we're ordering two of those as well as a gluten free personal pie for someone who is gluten intolerant.

For dessert, I'm making some homemade chocolate chunk brownies. The recipe is my mother's but instead of regular chocolate chips, I use Ghiradelli dark chocolate chunks from a bar. It's so rich and indulgent. Invigorating for the senses. That will be served hot with some Haagen Daz vanilla bean ice cream.

Should be a great day. Hope everyone enjoys!

Advertisement

Right now I have some wings baking in the oven. Once they come out I'll toss them in the fryer for about a minute for extra crisp and then toss them in a home made garlic and lemon pepper sauce. That will tide me over until kickoff. I also have various chips and dip out for my guests to munch on.

For the main course we're gonna with the tried and true - take out pizza. There is a place by me which makes the absolute best deep dish pepperoni pie. They cook the pepperoni separately and add it on top last so the pizza doesn't get too oily. It's a marvelous method which I'm unsure why isn't duplicated more. I find regular pepperoni pies to be far too greasy and oily. Anyway, we're ordering two of those as well as a gluten free personal pie for someone who is gluten intolerant.

For dessert, I'm making some homemade chocolate chunk brownies. The recipe is my mother's but instead of regular chocolate chips, I use Ghiradelli dark chocolate chunks from a bar. It's so rich and indulgent. Invigorating for the senses. That will be served hot with some Haagen Daz vanilla bean ice cream.

There is no way you from NY if your pizza looks like that.

Of course we have the classic thin crust, but this one particular place makes Chicago deep dish style.

It's called "Big Al's" and it's absolutely incredible. Check them out - https://www.yelp.com/biz/big-als-chicago-style-pizza-new-york.

Of course we have the classic thin crust, but this one particular place makes Chicago deep dish style.

It's called "Big Al's" and it's absolutely incredible. Check them out - https://www.yelp.com/biz/big-als-chicago-style-pizza-new-york.

I may stop by and eat there for lunch one day. Best pizza I had was at Di Fara pizza in brooklyn, Lucali in BK is great too, but it takes a while to get there. My usual spot is joes pizza Joe's Pizza | The Greenwich Village Institution

I may stop by and eat there for lunch one day. Best pizza I had was at Di Fara pizza in brooklyn, Lucali in BK is great too, but it takes a while to get there. My usual spot is joes pizza Joe's Pizza | The Greenwich Village Institution

I've been craving Di Fara's for years. My grandmother lives nearby but they don't deliver. One day I will stop by.

I had the Joe's in Union Square a couple of months back and to be honest I was a tad bit disappointed. It was very good but people made it out to be the Holy Grail. Perhaps the other location is better.

As for the best pizza, I mentioned in another thread that Denino's on Staten Island is tough to top. They recently opened a location in the Village, you should check it out.

Advertisement

I've been craving Di Fara's for years. My grandmother lives nearby but they don't deliver. One day I will stop by.

I had the Joe's in Union Square a couple of months back and to be honest I was a tad bit disappointed. It was very good but people made it out to be the Holy Grail. Perhaps the other location is better.

As for the best pizza, I mentioned in another thread that Denino's on Staten Island is tough to top. They recently opened a location in the Village, you should check it out.

Ya joes is definitely not the greatest ever. Its just the best in the Greenwich/tribeca area(IMO). Di Faras is the best I ever had. I need to check out Deninos I have only been to Staten a handful of times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm thinking some blackened shrimp on the barbi, some dirty rice, and I just might crack that bottle of Widow Jane. It is LSU after all.

Apparently I’m not the only vegan Cane got some in here this morning.

P.S posting pictures on this site has become stupid, iPhone X takes high resolution photos so having to downsize them is a pain in the ***.

Attachments

• E5F46FC5-104F-4D14-8AD2-FD680DF0DBFF.jpeg
    E5F46FC5-104F-4D14-8AD2-FD680DF0DBFF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
Advertisement
Apparently I’m not the only vegan Cane got some in here this morning.

P.S posting pictures on this site has become stupid, iPhone X takes high resolution photos so having to downsize them is a pain in the ***.

+1

Pain in the *** posting pics, memes, gifs on this site. 1 out of 4 actually works.

Advertisement
Back