*** GAME EATS THREAD ***

baby-back-rib-dinner.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Professor,
A. How did you get the bone to show like that?
B. What did you brine it in- with numerical composition?
C. Finished on broil?
With a knife I scrape the bone clean....I then take 6-8 cups of water and combine equal amounts of sugar and salt...2-3 bay leaves...dash of whole peppercorns...sprigs of rosemary...Thyme and Tarragon...3 cloves of Garlic (smashed) and bring to a boil....Then I ice the mixture down till cool...Submerge the Chops (2 in my case) in Brine for 24-48 hrs. Take Chops and Brown for 3-4 mins on each side in heavy duty Saute pan (salt and pepper each side)....then finish them on BAKE 400° until medium (10-15 mins)...When Chops are done...I deglaze pan with White wine for a minute...add some stock (chicken in this case) and let reduce till thickened....Before putting Chops in oven to finish...I wrap the bone with Aluminium Foil so it won't burn...

With a knife I scrape the bone clean....I then take 6-8 cups of water and combine equal amounts of sugar and salt...2-3 bay leaves...dash of whole peppercorns...sprigs of rosemary...Thyme and Tarragon...3 cloves of Garlic (smashed) and bring to a boil....Then I ice the mixture down till cool...Submerge the Chops (2 in my case) in Brine for 24-48 hrs. Take Chops and Brown for 3-4 mins on each side in heavy duty Saute pan (salt and pepper each side)....then finish them on BAKE 400° until medium (10-15 mins)...When Chops are done...I deglaze pan with White wine for a minute...add some stock (chicken in this case) and let reduce till thickened....Before putting Chops in oven to finish...I wrap the bone with Aluminium Foil so it won't burn...
How much sugar for 6-8 cups of water? I know to match that with the same amount for salt. Also, on the pork with the pepper, are you using rock or fine salt?

How much sugar for 6-8 cups of water? I know to match that with the same amount for salt. Also, on the pork with the pepper, are you using rock or fine salt?
For 8 cups of H2O I use 1 1/2 tblspoon of Sugar and Kosher salt....When I Brown the Chops in Saute Pan, I saute in Olive Oil with Kosher salt and Whole Ground Black pepper on both sides of Chop...

Advertisement
For 8 cups of H2O I use 1 1/2 tblspoon of Sugar and Kosher salt....When I Brown the Chops in Saute Pan, I saute in Olive Oil with Kosher salt and Whole Ground Black pepper on both sides of Chop...
Thanks to you and @RVACane 's questions. I'm fairly confident the wife is opening up the lock to the honey box tonight. Much appreciated fellas. I'm off to Laurenzo's Italian market. Whoooo....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back