Game #1 of CCT: Missouri State 11:30 AM (ESPNU)

Advertisement
We haven't been a well coached team in years and it ALWAYS shows in crunch times like this. The amount of times I can see Anthony Lawrence turning the ball over in times like this over his 4 years makes my stomach hurt. The team doesn't know how to execute in crunch time. THAT'S COACHING

Advertisement
A win is a win..but....give me a second while I take my heart out of my throat.

We were up by 18!!!

Way too close, way too close. The front court doing their best to lose this game.

The Good:

1. Kam and DJ

2. FT Shooting

3. Guards combined to score 66 points

The Bad:

1. The rebounding. They had 20 offensive rebounds, we had 25 total rebounds.

2. The front court and their D. Rodney had to allow 20+ points at least. Man do I hate that low energy lineup.

Advertisement
64 of 72 points from the backcourt! And they ended up with 20 offensive rebounds to our 18 defensive rebounds.

Think our front court concerns are valid.

64 of 72 points from the backcourt! And they ended up with 20 offensive rebounds to our 18 defensive rebounds.

Think our front court concerns are valid.
More than valid. This has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, defensive rebounding teams in the country. This issue wasn't unique to today, it has happened in every game this season.

Lot of negativity about this one. I think it was a good win. This team needs stuff like this to happen.

We might be awful, but we are awful at 4-1 and advancing in the classic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lot of negativity about this one. I think it was a good win. This team needs stuff like this to happen.

We might be awful, but we are awful at 4-1 and advancing in the classic.

I think many of us are sick of the same low energy lineups. We may not be a good team but we’re intentionally not playing our best lineups.

This team is better than what we see but we refuse to make changes.

I’m going to be forever grateful for Coach L and how he’s made this program at least relevant but it’s painfully obvious that it’s time to move on. This has been hideous roster construction the past several years and it’s clear the staff is content in letting that continue by refusing to recruit a big worth a ****

- Hope Coach L tells Miller it's OK to stand your ground on defense when the ball comes inside. Miller always gives ground and gets abused. As others have commented, we coulda used Brooks (or a Murphy-type player) to give us at least one physical presence inside. Maybe Stone won't be averse to playing more inside than he did at Florida.

- I apologize for calling McGusty (after the L'ville game) a "poor man's Sheldon Mac" (them both being from the Houston area and xfers to UM). Kam might even have a higher upside. Great today.

Advertisement
Back