Game #1 of CCT: Missouri State 11:30 AM (ESPNU)

Consigliere

All-American
Game #1 of the Charleston Classic Tourney is against Missouri State. Not sure what to think about Missouri State. They're 2-2 and predicted to finish at the top (or near the top) of the MVC. They may be an NCAAT but it is way too early to tell and the sample size is incredibly small. As per the incredibly small sample size, they play pretty good defense allowing 57.3 PPG (26th) but they don't score too many 63.5 PPG (334th). Missouri State grabs 35.5 RPG (253rd); pretty sub-par. They shoot 32.5% from 3PT (180th) and haven't shot that many this season 77 (212th).

RPI: 255th (https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-team)

BPI: 115th (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/view/overview/page/3)

SOS: 224th

Who have they played:

Wins: Alabama State (0-3) [Won by 9] and Cleveland State (1-3) [Won by 20]

Losses: UALR (3-1) [Lost by 1] and @ Xavier (4-0) [Lost by 3]

Players to Watch: Missouri State has a new transfer from WVU who is pretty good. Lamont West is a 6'8 forward and scores 11 PPG. He is a pretty good 3PT shooter. In addition to him, they have another 6'8 forward named Tulio Da Silva. He is averaging 8 PPG and 8 RPG, he also can shoot the 3PT. His scoring is dramatically down from last year where he averaged 14 PPG. Their leading scorer is 6'5 guard Keandre Cook. So far this season, his numbers are pretty darn good. He is averaging 17.8 PPG, 5.3 RPG and 50% from 3PT.

Spread: TBD

Last edited:
Advertisement
This will be a pretty good test. If we come out with a low energy starting five then I would expect tough D from them and more assist less basketball from us.

At a minimum, Bev needs to first off the bench if not starting sooner than later.

This will be a pretty good test. If we come out with a low energy starting five then I would expect tough D from them and more assist less basketball from us.

At a minimum, Bev needs to first off the bench if not starting sooner than later.

I expect our low energy lineup to play a lot.

My hope, since I doubt Coach is going to suddenly change, is we win game one and our incredibly unathletic/low energy duo is too gassed to play.

Advertisement
I expect our low energy lineup to play a lot.

My hope, since I doubt Coach is going to suddenly change, is we win game one and our incredibly unathletic/low energy duo is too gassed to play.
Sam and Miller aren't low energy guys. I wish L would play them less too, but I do think both try hard. They're both just too unathletic.

Someone that clearly exhibits a lack of effort, focus, hustle etc.

The way DeQuan Jones played before L got here, as an example.

That is not what I meant by low energy. My guess is the other poster didn’t mean that either.

It doesn’t have anything to do with the amount of effort. It has to do with slow, unathletic and lacking energy.

Advertisement
All of you think Florida will cruise by St. Joes but at this point, I think they'll give the Gators a great game. Heck I know this isn't how it works, but Saint Joes hung 96 on UConn, and the Huskies beat Florida last game. Florida is very overrated this year, watch out for the Hawks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
4 straight years of miami not having a single play against a zone. It's pathetic to say the least

Advertisement
Rebounding is killing us as usual. We've been a horrible rebounding team for at least 3 straight seasons now.

DJ is on fire. Other than that, we aren't playing well. Poor ball movement, terrible rebounding, sloppy all around.

Advertisement
Back