Game #1 of CCT: Missouri State 11:30 AM (ESPNU)

Advertisement
He didn't play well defensively at all, and he didn't rebound well either despite having 8. He is turning into a decent offensive player, though. He has nice touch around the rim.

He's playing way too many minutes, but thanks to our baffling decision not to get a waiver for Brooks, we have no one else at the 5 spot.

What's even more baffling to me is why Sam continues to get so many minutes. He's even more unproductive than Miller. Same amount of minutes, no points and just 5 boards. He isn't doing anything well. Either give Walker and Gak more minutes at the 4, or slide McGusty to the 4 and play a 4 guard lineup. Sam getting 30 minutes a game is just coaching malpractice.
Has anyone here EVER heard any word -- definitive or otherwise -- on WHY no waiver attempted for Brooks. Ya gotta believe maybe it was, for some reason, his decision? Recovery from injury? Grades?

Advertisement
Has anyone here EVER heard any word -- definitive or otherwise -- on WHY no waiver attempted for Brooks. Ya gotta believe maybe it was, for some reason, his decision? Recovery from injury? Grades?
Coach told the announcers that did the game today that we would be very good next season unless, players leave the program early via transfer or turning pro.

Coach told the announcers that did the game today that we would be very good next season unless, players leave the program early via transfer or turning pro.
I heard that. That's true of every team. You'd think we'd be the ones with more to gain (from players leaving top tier powers) than lose. But, so far not the case.

Advertisement

Rodney will do a grad transfer to a mid major after this season....which will have no impact on whether we will be good.

i rather go with them as they’re both more aggressive on D.

There was a play midway through the second half when a MOST big posted up Gak and then backed him down about 10 feet before laying it in. It reminded me of when I was a 2nd grader trying to guard a 5th grader during recess. It was as bad or worse than anything I've seen from Miller. I'm sure Gak has a bigger upside than the Jeb! bigs, but in 2019 he's unfortunately no better.

This frontcourt is the worst I've ever seen on a UM team, and I've seen some bad UM teams.

There was a play midway through the second half when a MOST big posted up Gak and then backed him down about 10 feet before laying it in. It reminded me of when I was a 2nd grader trying to guard a 5th grader during recess. It was as bad or worse than anything I've seen from Miller. I'm sure Gak has a bigger upside than the Jeb! bigs, but in 2019 he's unfortunately no better.

This frontcourt is the worst I've ever seen on a UM team, and I've seen some bad UM teams.

I disagree about Miller being a better defender than Dak. Do you know how many times Rodney allowed a basket or a good look yesterday? He had to allow ~20 points yesterday. Also, who is a better rebounder? Block more shots?

Plus that would happen to you if you guarded a 5th grader today too.

Advertisement
I disagree about Miller being a better defender than Dak. Do you know how many times Rodney allowed a basket or a good look yesterday? He had to allow ~20 points yesterday. Also, who is a better rebounder? Block more shots?

Plus that would happen to you if you guarded a 5th grader today too.

If Gak was playing 30 mins he'd look just as bad as Miller.

And no, it would not happen to me that way if I was guarding a 5th grader today. Maybe a 6th grader, but not a 5th grader.

If Gak was playing 30 mins he'd look just as bad as Miller.

And no, it would not happen to me that way if I was guarding a 5th grader today. Maybe a 6th grader, but not a 5th grader.

I wouldn’t play Gak 30 mins. I would have some combination of him and Walker, just like I said in my prior comment (go with “them”).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back