Gamblers- Week 5

Just heard on ESPN radio that 65% of the money is on Raiders even though overall tickets are on Browns. I was curious how they had that info. Also said sharps are in cowboys, Clemson, Pitt
They may know the % of the overall money but that doesn’t mean much. I’d rather know where the sharp money (which could be less than public money) is at.

Advertisement
On pure principal, I have to take the over in West Virginia and TTech. Willing to take the L on principal. Expecting a 35-30 type game, but no real man can take an under in this game.

Lost both my bets last night. Hopefully mince back today. Is there somewhere I can see where the public vs sharp money is going on a game?
Killed 2 teasers and my chalk parlay. I couldnt believe how god awful they looked last night. Dead to me.

Killed 2 teasers and my chalk parlay. I couldnt believe how god awful they looked last night. Dead to me.

Pardon my gambling ignorance...but what exactly is a chalk parlay? I'm familiar with parlay's, teasers, etc...but never heard the term chalk parlay before.

Advertisement
Betting the chalk just means playing the favorite, but in my experience its usually only used re taking a heavy favorite on the moneyline. So a chalk parlay is when you string together a bunch of those. For example today i have a parlay of BC, UCF, washington, FSU, okie st and michigan. I took them all on the moneyline rather than the spread so they just need to all win. And they (with the exception of fsu) are all massive favorites at like -500+. Id never risk, say, $500 to win a $100 by betting on one of them on the moneyline, but by stringing a bunch together in a parlay like that you can get a decent payout (the one i have pays 2x) while only losing if there is a big upset.

I do a lot of parlays like that on the heavy chalk in both football and soccer and have a lot of success with them. Of course, big upsets do happen (Vikings last weekend, ODU over VT, Memphis last night) and since it only takes one upset to kill your bet, they are not the absolute lock they often feel like they are when you place them.

Last edited:
On pure principal, I have to take the over in West Virginia and TTech. Willing to take the L on principal. Expecting a 35-30 type game, but no real man can take an under in this game.

WHEN IT HITS

tenor.gif

Also hit a lotto ticket parlay of Louisana and Syracuse due to the big spreads.

The blood letting is over.

Wow, thank you FSU and Michigan for bailing me out today! Just hedged my chalk parlay (BC, UCF, FSU, okie st, michigan, washington) with a bet on the BYU moneyline. Guarantees me a $500+ cash on either outcome of that last game. Did the same on my Cuse, WVU, UCF, Duke spread parlay. Had Duke at -3 with the other three having already hit, and hedged it with Hokies+6.5 right before kickoff. Now I'm hoping that ones ends with a Duke win between 3 and 6.

Always hate seeing anything good happen to the seminoles, but I thought I was dead to rights on that first one re the FSU game. What a crazy ending!

Hit heavy on a UCF/Texas teaser as well. Great day on the book!

Advertisement
Wow, thank you FSU and Michigan for bailing me out today! Just hedged my chalk parlay (BC, UCF, FSU, okie st, michigan, washington) with a bet on the BYU moneyline. Guarantees me a $500+ cash on either outcome of that last game. Did the same on my Cuse, WVU, UCF, Duke spread parlay. Had Duke at -3 with the other three having already hit, and hedged it with Hokies+6.5 right before kickoff. Now I'm hoping that ones ends with a Duke win between 3 and 6.

Always hate seeing anything good happen to the seminoles, but I thought I was dead to rights on that first one re the FSU game. What a crazy ending!

Hit heavy on a UCF/Texas teaser as well. Great day on the book!
I tailed the ucf/texas pick teaser. Big ups to you my man

I bet on way too many games and it came back to bite me I had a miserable day and did something you shouldn’t do. Go super heavy on 1 game and try to make it back.

Luckily I did that with Oregon -2 and salvaged a horrible day (ended up slightly negative but baseball was the cause of that, CFB I ended positive).

did something you shouldn’t do. Go super heavy on 1 game and try to make it back.
Chasing the dragon! I've burned myself terribly in the past doing that. It can snowball quick! Glad yours worked out.

Today I'm going heavy on a Jags/Chargers/Packers chalk parlay (pays even money) and that's it, i think. NFL has been so **** tough to predict this year.

Oh, I also put in a long shot miracle parlay on GB ML, Jags-7, Seahawks ML, Browns+3, Chargers ML, Saints ML, Chiefs ML. $50 bet pays $874. Figure the three game ML parlay will hopefully cover that if (see: when) it loses, and I'll see if I get another miracle from the gambling gods.

That's it for me.

Good luck today, gents!

I bet on way too many games and it came back to bite me I had a miserable day and did something you shouldn’t do. Go super heavy on 1 game and try to make it back.

Luckily I did that with Oregon -2 and salvaged a horrible day (ended up slightly negative but baseball was the cause of that, CFB I ended positive).

I have been betting too many games also. My late night run helped me get back in Black.
Took Kentucky in a pick’em
Oregon -2
LSU -10 1/2
Under OSu game
And I hit a parlay of Under Duke and Over Toledo games.

Ran off 4 straight wins to end the day. Let’s hope it rolls over to the NFL today

Advertisement
Chasing the dragon! I've burned myself terribly in the past doing that. It can snowball quick! Glad yours worked out.

Today I'm going heavy on a Jags/Chargers/Packers chalk parlay (pays even money) and that's it, i think. NFL has been so **** tough to predict this year.

Oh, I also put in a long shot miracle parlay on GB ML, Jags-7, Seahawks ML, Browns+3, Chargers ML, Saints ML, Chiefs ML. $50 bet pays $874. Figure the three game ML parlay will hopefully cover that if (see: when) it loses, and I'll see if I get another miracle from the gambling gods.

That's it for me.

Good luck today, gents!

I got Oakland -2 1/2. We will see if Baker is for real today.

Also teased Packers down to -3 and Jags to -1.
Got another teaser on Atl +1/2 the over at 43 1/2.

I have been betting too many games also. My late night run helped me get back in Black.
Took Kentucky in a pick’em
Oregon -2
LSU -10 1/2
Under OSu game
And I hit a parlay of Under Duke and Over Toledo games.

Ran off 4 straight wins to end the day. Let’s hope it rolls over to the NFL today
Wow, nice finishing run!

I got Oakland -2 1/2. We will see if Baker is for real today.

Also teased Packers down to -3 and Jags to -1.
Got another teaser on Atl +1/2 the over at 43 1/2.
Yeah, i don't have much faith in the parlay hitting. I always enjoy throwing a hail mary out there tho.

My thought on cleveland was less about mayfield than the fact i just think the browns are a better team than oakland. Brows could have (arguably should have) won both of their first two games.

I like that packers/jags teaser! May join.

Advertisement
Betting the chalk just means playing the favorite, but in my experience its usually only used re taking a heavy favorite on the moneyline. So a chalk parlay is when you string together a bunch of those. For example today i have a parlay of BC, UCF, washington, FSU, okie st and michigan. I took them all on the moneyline rather than the spread so they just need to all win. And they (with the exception of fsu) are all massive favorites at like -500+. Id never risk, say, $500 to win a $100 by betting on one of them on the moneyline, but by stringing a bunch together in a parlay like that you can get a decent payout (the one i have pays 2x) while only losing if there is a big upset.

I do a lot of parlays like that on the heavy chalk in both football and soccer and have a lot of success with them. Of course, big upsets do happen (Vikings last weekend, ODU over VT, Memphis last night) and since it only takes one upset to kill your bet, they are not the absolute lock they often feel like they are when you place them.

Thanks for the info! I mainly just do straight bets, don't really get into the parlay's and teaser's much. Might have to look into this.

Yeah, i don't have much faith in the parlay hitting. I always enjoy throwing a hail mary out there tho.

My thought on cleveland was less about mayfield than the fact i just think the browns are a better team than oakland. Brows could have (arguably should have) won both of their first two games.

I like that packers/jags teaser! May join.

Only reason I’m on Oakland is that I have seen multiple big time bettors I follow take them along with supposedly 65% of the tickets are on the Browns(assumed public money) but the actual dollar amount is higher on OAK(sharp). We will see.

Thanks for the info! I mainly just do straight bets, don't really get into the parlay's and teaser's much. Might have to look into this.
Parlays are fun because you get action on multiple games and have a chance to cash big all at usually a low risk. I almost always do a couple low entry/big payout ones on saturdays and sundays. They obviously usually lose, but ive hit a handful in the past, some for $1k+, and that pays for a whole bunch of them since I usually only put em in at $20-50 max.

Only reason I’m on Oakland is that I have seen multiple big time bettors I follow take them along with supposedly 65% of the tickets are on the Browns(assumed public money) but the actual dollar amount is higher on OAK(sharp). We will see.
Interesting. Yeah i definitely wouldn't be surprised a bit to see raiders win and cover. Ive just been so unimpressed with these Gruden Raiders so far, and I am (perhaps a bit foolishly) pretty high on the browns this year (relatively speaking).

Advertisement
Back