Gadbois

Canes1135

Sophomore
TIFWIW CS reporting it's looking like Gadbois will start. Got all reps on first team over KC today, compared to splitting yesterday.

Advertisement
Got a feeling we see a few guys at that spot Monday night. Gotta figure out who will step up when the pressure is on.

This is actually good news. Best case is if he's the starter, with KC playing good enough to get some decent reps in too.

Gadbois needs to be stepping up. Its never good when you are having to rely on one or more True Frosh on the OL/DL.

Advertisement
Got a feeling we see a few guys at that spot Monday night. Gotta figure out who will step up when the pressure is on.

This, wouldn't mind seeing Gall at LG and Mongo at RT a little bit.

I've heard Gall does not look as good as some expected. I don't know if that's true and cannot verify with my own eyes, but it's part of what has me concerned about our OL going forward. More likely, I'm hoping Gadbois gets his **** together and solidifies that RT spot. Young Mcdermott can play swing Tackle like Flowers did his Frosh year. He can even be used in Jumbo sets if we ever get around to that. Then, next year, we have two legit Tackles in McDermott/Gadbois. Darling plays the Mongo role as a G/T (something Kirkland should be playing here already). Guards would be Darling/Gall/Isidora. Hopefully, Linder is solid enough at C.

This, wouldn't mind seeing Gall at LG and Mongo at RT a little bit.

I've heard Gall does not look as good as some expected. I don't know if that's true and cannot verify with my own eyes, but it's part of what has me concerned about our OL going forward. More likely, I'm hoping Gadbois gets his **** together and solidifies that RT spot. Young Mcdermott can play swing Tackle like Flowers did his Frosh year. He can even be used in Jumbo sets if we ever get around to that. Then, next year, we have two legit Tackles in McDermott/Gadbois. Darling plays the Mongo role as a G/T (something Kirkland should be playing here already). Guards would be Darling/Gall/Isidora. Hopefully, Linder is solid enough at C.

I am a huge Gall fan but he is not near as strong as I expected

Gadbois had some UM people giddy in spring. They were talking NFL. From what I understand, he took some steps back this summer. Good to see him respond to competition.

The best thing for him would be some early success. I don't think he's as mentally tough or steady as a guy like McDermott, but if he does well early his swag will come out.

Advertisement
StateOfTheU.com ‏@TheStateOfTheU 7m

“I earned the trust back that I needed to from the coaches and I got back what was mine,” Gadbois said

Advertisement
I like how Gadbois competed. That says a lot. Hopefully it shows up on gameday.

It sure does. Shows fight and determination, something we desperately need on this team.

Bummer on Gall, thought he was going to be a mauler on the interior of the line.

Advertisement
Gadbois had some UM people giddy in spring. They were talking NFL. From what I understand, he took some steps back this summer. Good to see him respond to competition.

The best thing for him would be some early success. I don't think he's as mentally tough or steady as a guy like McDermott, but if he does well early his swag will come out.

majority of our runs will still be to the left side probably

Pushing him back to second string was just a motivational tatic by Golden. This is a tough kid with a mean streak that will be needed this year.

majority of our runs will still be to the left side probably

Based on the little I've seen from Gadbois, his best skill is actually down blocking. As a complement to the good feet of Isidora, maybe we'll see some pull action from Isidora while Gadbois down blocks. Who knows. Maybe a toss. Our RB is outstanding in the cutback, so...

- Single back formation, 2 TE, 2WR lined up to the left side of the formation
- This is a similar formation and personnel grouping we ran a WR screen to S. Coley against Pitt (for a TD, where he hurdled a defender), so Louisville may think we want to get Kaaya settled in early
- Dobard inline
- Walford in motion as the H-Back (ends up in FB position below)

Duke cuts back on the edge for 80 yards and a score on the first play Monday night.

This kid is huge and supposedly a giant assh*le, both good qualities in a lineman. Him getting the starting spot is probably a good thing.

Advertisement
Back