Gadbois

Gadbois had some UM people giddy in spring. They were talking NFL. From what I understand, he took some steps back this summer. Good to see him respond to competition.

The best thing for him would be some early success. I don't think he's as mentally tough or steady as a guy like McDermott, but if he does well early his swag will come out.

majority of our runs will still be to the left side probably

Based on the little I've seen from Gadbois, his best skill is actually down blocking. As a complement to the good feet of Isidora, maybe we'll see some pull action from Isidora while Gadbois down blocks. Who knows. Maybe a toss. Our RB is outstanding in the cutback, so...

- Single back formation, 2 TE, 2WR lined up to the left side of the formation
- This is a similar formation and personnel grouping we ran a WR screen to S. Coley against Pitt (for a TD, where he hurdled a defender), so Louisville may think we want to get Kaaya settled in early
- Dobard inline
- Walford in motion as the H-Back (ends up in FB position below)

Duke cuts back on the edge for 80 yards and a score on the first play Monday night.

I understand using the graphic, but can you get it from a non-O$Uck supporter site? I see enough $ucknut $#!+ already...

Advertisement
Gadbois' attitude reminds me a little of Kyle Turley. I hope he's as mean and almost as good on the field.

Gadbois had some UM people giddy in spring. They were talking NFL. From what I understand, he took some steps back this summer. Good to see him respond to competition.

The best thing for him would be some early success. I don't think he's as mentally tough or steady as a guy like McDermott, but if he does well early his swag will come out.

Based on the little I've seen from Gadbois, his best skill is actually down blocking. As a complement to the good feet of Isidora, maybe we'll see some pull action from Isidora while Gadbois down blocks. Who knows. Maybe a toss. Our RB is outstanding in the cutback, so...

- This is a similar formation and personnel grouping we ran a WR screen to S. Coley against Pitt (for a TD, where he hurdled a defender), so Louisville may think we want to get Kaaya settled in early
- Dobard inline

Duke cuts back on the edge for 80 yards and a score on the first play Monday night.

I'm at work right now so I can't pull up a Youtube clip, but isn't this similar to Duke's second TD in his first game against BC?

Got a feeling we see a few guys at that spot Monday night. Gotta figure out who will step up when the pressure is on.

This, wouldn't mind seeing Gall at LG and Mongo at RT a little bit.

I've heard Gall does not look as good as some expected. I don't know if that's true and cannot verify with my own eyes, but it's part of what has me concerned about our OL going forward. More likely, I'm hoping Gadbois gets his **** together and solidifies that RT spot. Young Mcdermott can play swing Tackle like Flowers did his Frosh year. He can even be used in Jumbo sets if we ever get around to that. Then, next year, we have two legit Tackles in McDermott/Gadbois. Darling plays the Mongo role as a G/T (something Kirkland should be playing here already). Guards would be Darling/Gall/Isidora. Hopefully, Linder is solid enough at C.

I always thought peoples expectations of Gall were a little high, No? OSU didnt offer him and the fan base billed him as this kid who had this "bad a$$ white boy" chip on his shoulder and maybe he's just a kid who needs time to develop. Not on a level of Sonny Ogduwu but more like a Martin Bibla type. I like the kid but to expect him to be this mauler as a second year player was a little unfair. Not everyone is Feliciano. Let him learn under Shane and Feliciano this year as a servicable backup and then turn him loose next year when we will REALLY need him.

Advertisement

- Dobard inline

I'm at work right now so I can't pull up a Youtube clip, but isn't this similar to Duke's second TD in his first game against BC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VGs_szTbwo

here's the video, the second TD was a toss sweep to the right, but the receivers were lined up to the right, not to the left. it worked irregardlessssssss

Ridler,

Sick memory. Similar, but some different action. Flowers did down block. Linder did pull around to kick out. They were in bunch formation right, with a single receiver at the bottom of the formation. From watching the WRs above, seems they came down to crack. Walford led the way, with Linder.

I tried to stick with a formation variation I've seen from Coach Coley. Puts a lot of pressure on the defensive safeties to see a formation that Stacy Coley has housed before. They'd probably have 3 DBs to cover 2 WRs over on that side and hold a LB (or at least his initial attention). That'd essentially leave 7 defenders against 7 blockers (taking out the QB and ballcarrier) on the other side. Duke makes one cut and basically has to beat the angle of the held LB and S over the top on the other side.

We have so many weapons at the skill positions that an O-Coordinator should be ******* giddy.

I've heard Kehoe talk about Gadbois on a few occasions the word ******* came up every single time. He's just that guy. He's also very talented so people deal with it. The Kyle turley comparison is pretty funny.

He is a ****y sob lol

"I assume the battle never stops," Gadbois said. "I'm just going to keep pushing forward with what I've got to do. I took all the reps with the ones and he took the reps with the twos [Tuesday]. Whatever. Coach's call. But like I said when we go to Louisville I'll be the starter."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...m-stretch-plus-other-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Good! I actually find his attitude refreshing. We need that back to a certain extent. We've been far too nice for too long. Now he has to back it up with his play.

Advertisement

- Dobard inline

I understand using the graphic, but can you get it from a non-O$Uck supporter site? I see enough $ucknut $#!+ already...

I love that play out of that formation. Is Isadora athletic enough to pull and hit a moving target(the Mike) at the second level? I hope so because I would like to see a different dimension to our running game. I would also like to see us run more power and iso when Edwards is in the game.

StateOfTheU.com ‏@TheStateOfTheU 7m

“I earned the trust back that I needed to from the coaches and I got back what was mine,” Gadbois said

I guess this answers the "mental game" from camp with guys losing the black jerseys...

Certainly doesn't lack for confidence, here's another old quote:

“Was it frustrating? **** yeah, I didn’t want to be behind Seantrel and Linder. Did I think I was better than them? All day. But they were seniors, **** good players. You have to wait your time, bite your tongue and work. Now it’s my time.”

Advertisement
Certainly doesn't lack for confidence, here's another old quote:

“Was it frustrating? **** yeah, I didn’t want to be behind Seantrel and Linder. Did I think I was better than them? All day. But they were seniors, **** good players. You have to wait your time, bite your tongue and work. Now it’s my time.”

Wow! Really like this kid. His attitude is just what the doctor ordered. I would like to start seeing some brashness on defense. I get the need for humility but we have become far too humble.

Last edited:
O-Line is not a place i want any humility. He won't be doing interviews. I'd take a line full of incognitos before a line full of Martins.

Let the skill guys be humble. I want O-Linemen that are gonna tear your freaking head off and then tell you about it every snap after that.

O-Line is not a place i want any humility. He won't be doing interviews. I'd take a line full of incognitos before a line full of Martins.

Let the skill guys be humble. I want O-Linemen that are gonna tear your freaking head off and then tell you about it every snap after that.

I agree completely. Like to see that dog on defense as well.

Advertisement
This thread makes me feel more comfortable about The O line. Flowers,Feliciano,Gadbois seems like 3 OL we can count on for sure.

Gadbois is starting?
That's trouble. Matt Pipho ain't
walking through that door.

This thread makes me feel more comfortable about The O line. Flowers,Feliciano,Gadbois seems like 3 OL we can count on for sure.
I feel like Isadora could be on that list as well. Supposedly Shane McDermott is as healthy as he has been in quite a while but until I see it on the field I'll reserve judgement. I'm actually not too worried about the OL. KC McDermott, Darling and Gall should all continue to improve throughout the year while providing solid depth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back