Gaby Urrutia Mock Class, 247

lfoliva9988

Redshirt Freshman
anyone see this? Says multiple 5*s which I assume is Williams, Taylor and Marshall? Would love to see the mock class.

Just putting Taylor and Marshall into the class calculator on 247 puts us to #4.

I'd love to finish with the following.
DT - Taylor
CB - Marshall
CB - Brown
Keep Collins unless it's for Sapp
Take Chase Smith or Yulkeith, whoever wants the spot first
Wait and see mode for a QB. Maybe flip one, maybe end up offering Braylon Braxton or a plan B guy that has a huge year or go the transfer market later in the year

Advertisement
Special class on the horizon. Couple spots where I would like to see us improve at and it’s gonna be wild having a class like this without a QB. We need an arm.

While I’d like to sign a QB we have to realize there’s always going to be quality guys on the transfer market. I don’t mean one year grad transfer options either. All these schools sign multiple QBs in one class can only play one of them. Somebody is going to end up on the bench and most likely the transfer portal.

It would be incredibly odd to have three 5 Stars in a class and the playmakers on offense and NOT have a highly ranked arm.

It’s an odd season, sure, but dudes want to play with dudes.

Advertisement
While I’d like to sign a QB we have to realize there’s always going to be quality guys on the transfer market. I don’t mean one year grad transfer options either. All these schools sign multiple QBs in one class can only play one of them. Somebody is going to end up on the bench and most likely the transfer portal.
I agree, ive been saying it for months. The portal changes the unwritten rule of taking a QB every cycle. Besides that we are limited on spaces with alot of high quality players possibly wanting into the class. No need to settle, take the best guys while the iron is hot.

I agree, ive been saying it for months. The portal changes the unwritten rule of taking a QB every cycle. Besides that we are limited on spaces with alot of high quality players possibly wanting into the class. No need to settle, take the best guys while the iron is hot.
Exactly. No need to take a project QB or a guy with low upside just to sign a QB. The portal will have plenty of options

Exactly. No need to take a project QB or a guy with low upside just to sign a QB. The portal will have plenty of options
I don't think were really after any low upside guys.
Garcia and Milroe are obviously 1a and 1b options and if Braylon Braxton has another year this year like he did last year, I'd be all over offering him. The dude can ball.

Advertisement
While I get that we likely will find a QB in the portal due to teams stacking chips in the same cycle, I would prefer to get our guy and not some other team’s castaway. I figure relevance and timing has to do with it. We are at the right place at the right time for some of these guys in this class and I also understand that QBs are a longer recruiting cycle. I never thought after last year’s ending that we would have a recruiting class this strong. Hopefully this is the start of a trend to us, especially when these recruits show out and raise our stock and win totals.

Special class on the horizon. Couple spots where I would like to see us improve at and it’s gonna be wild having a class like this without a QB. We need an arm.
Get your head out of the past...

Old logic needing a QB every cycle

if it’s not quality why just throw crap in a spot when a gem at oline, Dline, etc wants in... IF we didn’t see any gems to take that spot by all means take a traits guy you like..

Otherwise see what the portal gives

Advertisement

if it’s not quality why just throw crap in a spot when a gem at oline, Dline, etc wants in... IF we didn’t see any gems to take that spot by all means take a traits guy you like..

You realize that getting a guy out of the portal is the same as having a guy that counts in this class right?

You realize that getting a guy out of the portal is the same as having a guy that counts in this class right?
I think the major difference is if you miss a year at qb but take a portal guy the following year you don’t miss out on having a kid slotted into an older class as far as timing goes and they will have had some time in a college program, weights nutrition, playbook etc.

As an example, if you skip qb this cycle but recruit a quality HS kid next cycle as well as a sophomore or Jr from the portal you are in a similar situation as getting a qb every year.

Advertisement
I think the major difference is if you miss a year at qb but take a portal guy the following year you don’t miss out on having a kid slotted into an older class as far as timing goes and they will have had some time in a college program, weights nutrition, playbook etc.

As an example, if you skip qb this cycle but recruit a quality HS kid next cycle as well as a sophomore or Jr from the portal you are in a similar situation as getting a qb every year.
I get the different scenarios. We just need an arm. I know staff is confident they’ll grab someone. It’s just hard to picture a class now without a QB in it tho.

Hey we might even be able to circle back around for Jake Garcia in the portal if things don't pan out at USC for him.

Advertisement
Back