Gaby Urrutia Mock Class, 247

Advertisement
All these so-called experts with the "you have to sign a qb every cycle" non-sense is always comical to me. People minds are really warped these days, got all these people worried about who the back-ups are, same with the db room, ****'s were criticizing coach rumph and coach banda even when we had the #1 secondary in the nation, all because some players decided to go elsewhere. In the meantime between linebacker recruiting under coach diaz an o-line recruiting, for a lil bit, coach diaz technically was the worst recruiter on staff, hiding behind the d-co title. We just started getting more quality linebackers for some reason once patke took over that Dept.

Now we got people looking to the portal with pride, lol, WTF is going on these days, ***** that portal ****, the majority of those guys are quitters, plain and simple. If any school starts trying to make the portal their go to, it'll mean a few things, they're not developing their own guys properly, or their evals are sub-par, and desparation has set in. I could careless what other schools are doing, for those who are ok with having a followers mindset, have at it, coach diaz is definitely in the "followers mindset" right now!

I'm now seeing *****'s writing articles titled, "this could be the greatest recruiting week in UM history" again, WTF is wrong with people's minds, they basing their whole article on nerd recruiting sites "star rankings" can't even call it a system, but whoever writes any article similar to that obviously just started following UM football close to last week. We got to many dominant college players, H.O.F.'s and future H.O.F.'s for morons to write articles just for hype about highschool players who haven't even gotten to college yet.

No real headcoach is going to even put that garbage on his resume or bring it up, especially if he's a championship caliber headcoach. This is what I luv about the current state of living, the corona virus is going to keep exposing all these redneck schools who got forced to buy their way in to Dade County to be able to poach our players, let the Truth be told, I don't like players getting money that way, but I'm glad they getting money that way cause some of them may never see that type of money again, while the schools and coaches consistently get all the money off the backs of these players.

With corona, nobody doing all that un-necessary traveling, and this is why coach richt didn't ***** with dabo, cause dabo knows how coach richt got at em behind the scenes about Clemson's salary cap, **** dabo not that good of a headcoach, all these schools just trying to use our blue print for dominating, but they had to pay to get in. So between Bama, Clemson, ohigho fake, gumbo fisher at the time, Lsu and the likes, they been poaching alot of the players from down here that would normally play here in times past, corona has stifled almost all those ****'s this year. It's actually an insult for these nerd recruiting sites to try and take credit or rank any Miami class, no ****'s, ***** you and your ratings, plain and simple, our players just stayed and are staying home this year, that's all that needs to be rated. And I'm tired of these announcers now using recruiting classes as talking points pre, post and during games.

They could never use that **** with coach beamer or coach frentz!

Get your head out of the past...

Old logic needing a QB every cycle

if it’s not quality why just throw crap in a spot when a gem at oline, Dline, etc wants in... IF we didn’t see any gems to take that spot by all means take a traits guy you like..

Otherwise see what the portal gives
With the amount of transfers these days, you almost need to take MORE than one QB in each class, not less.

Riddle me this, what happens when TVD wins the job next year? Or actually has it handed to him because he's the only competent option? Every other QB on the roster will have been beat out by a younger player, ensuring that they are unlikely to ever become QB1 here. They may ALL transfer! Perry and Matocha probably want to start somewhere before they are done with college. And Tate can't seem to throw anymore. Even if we only lose Perry holy crap do we have nothing behind TVD. And that's assuming TVD pans out.

You think its going to be easy to pull a good portal QB when our starting QB is only a freshman or true sophomore?

We are in a critical position of needing to add a freshman QB right now. It's just hard because that's long lead position with very few prospects and Lashlee just got here 6 months ago.

Don’t care what the rankings say... UM gets Marshall, Taylor, and a top QB...it’s the best class in the country.
I agree/disagree. I'd say it would be #2 haha

we'd miss out on a truly ELITE OT which if we added that as well to what you say above, then yes, throw the rankings out the door, that would be the best class in the country.

Taylor, Marshall, M Brown, A Daniels, a transfer QB, a transfer OT. Not sure how you fit 27, but that's my list.

Advertisement
Four out of: Leonard, Jason, Markevious, Chase, and RB (Amari or Yulkeith).

I rather not reach to sign a QB unless it's an actual stud. There will surely be some top QBs on the Waiver Wire for next season if one of the guys on the roster hasn't stepped up.

Like if the choice is a late QB thats kinda meh or a top player with legit starting potential, I'd rather just land the non-QB

With the amount of transfers these days, you almost need to take MORE than one QB in each class, not less.

Riddle me this, what happens when TVD wins the job next year? Or actually has it handed to him because he's the only competent option? Every other QB on the roster will have been beat out by a younger player, ensuring that they are unlikely to ever become QB1 here. They may ALL transfer! Perry and Matocha probably want to start somewhere before they are done with college. And Tate can't seem to throw anymore. Even if we only lose Perry holy crap do we have nothing behind TVD. And that's assuming TVD pans out.

You think its going to be easy to pull a good portal QB when our starting QB is only a freshman or true sophomore?

We are in a critical position of needing to add a freshman QB right now. It's just hard because that's long lead position with very few prospects and Lashlee just got here 6 months ago.

Your argument collapses on itself, you think a highly rated kid will come on and if TVD wins the job will sit behind him for 3 years and play ONE season? No. he gone too. You could take a developmental kid who has zero expectation to start his first few years but with the class shaking up the way it is I wouldn't let a higher ranked player walk just for the sake of having a developmental QB, let alone 2 as you are almost guaranteeing ONE will transfer and then you lost an IC.

Also, I have never heard of 3 QBs transferring, Perry and Martell were already beaten out by a younger guy in JWill and stayed. But IF that is the new norm, then you can pull a portal QB. Maybe not a grad transfer who only has one year, but maybe a Soph. who got beat out and the waiver process is essentially a joke.

So last spot... some kid like a Matchoa (nothing against him)

CB Brown
Dline Sapp
WR Alexis

last spot who you taking out of those 4 and and rank how you would take them 1-4

Advertisement
Your argument collapses on itself, you think a highly rated kid will come on and if TVD wins the job will sit behind him for 3 years and play ONE season? No. he gone too. You could take a developmental kid who has zero expectation to start his first few years but with the class shaking up the way it is I wouldn't let a higher ranked player walk just for the sake of having a developmental QB, let alone 2 as you are almost guaranteeing ONE will transfer and then you lost an IC.

Also, I have never heard of 3 QBs transferring, Perry and Martell were already beaten out by a younger guy in JWill and stayed. But IF that is the new norm, then you can pull a portal QB. Maybe not a grad transfer who only has one year, but maybe a Soph. who got beat out and the waiver process is essentially a joke.

Yes.

This is why you take a kid like Braxton now, before TVD publicly cements himself as the next 3-year starter.

Advertisement

Nope. TVD won't have an opportunity to win the job until fall 2021. We can bring in a big time freshman this January (class of 2021) to COMPETE for the starting job immediately. TVD is a solid guy, but he wasn't a big time name that a stud kid will be scared of. Quite the opposite, its a **** of an opportunity for a top flight kid to win the job as a freshman... as he will probably only have to beat out a redshirt freshman.

So last spot... some kid like a Matchoa (nothing against him)

CB Brown
Dline Sapp
WR Alexis

last spot who you taking out of those 4 and and rank how you would take them 1-4

The answer is the staff needs to recruit their asses off to bring in a TOP kid, as they are trying to. If they fail, then we have a problem down the line and we are going to need some luck. TVD is going to have to be legit, and he is going to have to stay healthy. Its a serious situation, which is why you see the staff fighting like **** to try to get a top HS QB in THIS YEAR.

They inherited this mess, so its not really on them. But it's their mess to clean up. And they are behind the 8-ball with a new OC/QNB coach only having come in months ago.

I agree/disagree. I'd say it would be #2 haha

we'd miss out on a truly ELITE OT which if we added that as well to what you say above, then yes, throw the rankings out the door, that would be the best class in the country.
Here’s the thing. Very few in the county and nobody in the state this cycle is as good as Walker. We used an IC this cycle on Walker instead of going after others.

Advertisement
Nope. TVD won't have an opportunity to win the job until fall 2021. We can bring in a big time freshman this January (class of 2021) to COMPETE for the starting job immediately. TVD is a solid guy, but he wasn't a big time name that a stud kid will be scared of. Quite the opposite, its a **** of an opportunity for a top flight kid to win the job as a freshman... as he will probably only have to beat out a redshirt freshman.
Well, it depends on the qb, becuz daniels still went to uga with da wf transfer and vandergriff and beck on da team.

But in your riddle me this, if that highly ranked freshman COMPETES and wins, wont ALL the QBs (inclusive of TVD) still transfer as they all would have been beaten by a younger guy? And obviously if it is a big name kid you bring him in. Never forego talent I think we agree on that.

My point was in your riddle me this you said if TVD wins, all the upperclassman will bail and transfer so we need a QB, my comment was if TVD locks it up even with a highly ranked freshman competing, that freshman still transfers as he wont sit behind TVD for 3 years so we are in the same spot.

The answer is the staff needs to recruit their asses off to bring in a TOP kid, as they are trying to. If they fail, then we have a problem down the line and we are going to need some luck. TVD is going to have to be legit, and he is going to have to stay healthy. Its a serious situation, which is why you see the staff fighting like **** to try to get a top HS QB in THIS YEAR.

They inherited this mess, so its not really on them. But it's their mess to clean up. And they are behind the 8-ball with a new OC/QNB coach only having come in months ago.
So if it’s not a “top” QB you don’t take one this cycle?

do you not take anyone with that last slot and save it for a potential portal kid?

I’m asking to gauge just how much importance you put into this.... I’m all for having a top QB or one that’s very good but grabbing one just to grab one isn’t what I want when numbers are tight

Advertisement
Back