Gaby on roster retention...

Advertisement
I guess their moms didn't want to pick them up
Good One Reaction GIF

So we're retaining all the 5-7 guys? Sweet!

(Sarcasm. Mostly.)
GATTIS IS GONE!!! HE gets 98% of the credit for the complete freaking dysfunction that was the UM offense in 2022. Mario would have had a better recored if they left the OC position unfilled in 2022 and just let the QB coach run the offense.

Advertisement
I agree with you but still worthy of discussion though.

IF (big if) we find a way to have a solid season (9 wins+...I consider 8 wins just meh) then we likely bump this thread to credit Mario and staff for retaining players that were obviously a big part of the turnaround.
I never said he doesn’t get credit. Everyone knows he’s a great recruiter.

Fair. Don’t pat them on the back for keeping them and then tell me the roster sucks…

Sigh. Come on guys. We didn't lose much off the spring 2-deep. That doesn't mean the 2-deep is where it needs to be, it just means its what we have to work with right now. This roster is a long way from where we need it to be. Failed logic.

But yeah, not having players like TVD, Kitchens, Taylor, Kelly, James Williams, Bissainthe, Rivers, etc. cherry-picked is a major step in the right direction.

Please don't create some idiotic narrative this season about how we should expect to win 10 games because we didn't get raided while we are in the process of turning over the roster and re-building. I beg you.

Last edited:
I actually didn’t want to retain the 2 deep

Are we to believe that the entire CULTURE narrative just applied to a few guys that didn’t play ruining the team?

This doesn’t jive for me with all the excuses we were given on why we were so terrible

I've gotta admit that I would be more impressed if it was the two deep after the season. Most that are going to bolt, do so at that time. Our two deep now has a ton of questions. I guess it's good, but it's not something I'm sky high about. I'm trying to be fair here, not really criticizing a thing.

Advertisement
Sigh. Come on guys. We didn't lose much off the spring 2-deep. That doesn't mean the 2-deep is where it needs to be, it just means its what we have to work with right now. This roster is a long way from where we need it to be. Failed logic.

But yeah, not having players like TVD, Kitchens, Taylor, Kelly, James Williams, Bissainthe, Rivers, etc. poached is a major step in the right direction.

Please don't create some idiotic narrative this season about how we should expect to win 10 games because we didn't get raided while we are in the process of turning over the roster and re-building. I beg you.
I’m with you on paragraph two for sure though

I actually didn’t want to retain the 2 deep

Are we to believe that the entire CULTURE narrative just applied to a few guys that didn’t play ruining the team?

This doesn’t jive for me with all the excuses we were given on why we were so terrible
not debating you about the culture of the players, which i do believe has been dog**** for 18yrs, didn't Miami have about 15 kids hit the portal? this is an honest question. if so a good portion of those players were 2 deep players by and large?

I expected some contributors that weren’t starters to bolt and them staying suggests that players are buying. As an example, we would have been fine without JHH but him staying certainly helps. Not a starter but will play meaningful snaps and makes the DT situation way more manageable. I guess he could still bounce as a grad transfer, maybe? Still I take it as a positive.

Advertisement
I'm feeling an attempted manipulation with narratives lately. Want me to feel like the program is heading in the right direction? Land more high end players in the portal and then win games. I'm gonna be here either way but I hate being thirsty.

not debating you about the culture of the players, which i do believe has been dog**** for 18yrs, didn't Miami have about 15 kids hit the portal? this is an honest question. if so a good portion of those players were 2 deep players by and large?
You could be right

I don’t want to mistake my post for a “mope” I would have to go back and check, there’s been so much movement I’ve checked out a bit

I’m with the point of we did hang on to a core group of players that we will be relying on but same time it doesn’t really jive with what we were told about needing to overhaul the roster

I could be wrong though

Advertisement
Y'all are insufferable. We are not where we want or should be, but we are much better off than last year at this time.

Think of LB....Kiko Maiugoia is all ACC caliber, and Wesley has a year under his belt, plus Popo and others are coming in.

Francis M is a possible to likely first rounder, so is Okunlola. We havent had a center like Lee since Romberg. Cohen might be our best guard since Linder.
Look at our DE room, its actually Cane quality. TE has the potential to be Cane quality this year.

Its not 15-0, but its also not 5-7.

I'm feeling an attempted manipulation with narratives lately. Want me to feel like the program is heading in the right direction? Land more high end players in the portal and then win games. I'm gonna be here either way but I hate being thirsty.
Right i think it just shows this roster isn’t there yet clearly. We still lacking talent in major spots but i am excited about being better than last season. Hopefully we can be 8-4 /9-3. Year 3 it’s time to rally the boys we making noise in 2024 truss.

Y'all are insufferable. We are not where we want or should be, but we are much better off than last year at this time.

Think of LB....Kiko Maiugoia is all ACC caliber, and Wesley has a year under his belt, plus Popo and others are coming in.

Francis M is a possible to likely first rounder, so is Okunlola. We havent had a center like Lee since Romberg. Cohen might be our best guard since Linder.
Look at our DE room, its actually Cane quality. TE has the potential to be Cane quality this year.

Its not 15-0, but its also not 5-7.

Last year shouldn’t have been 5-7 either…

Advertisement
Back