FWIW, from someone who knows things

umfire

Redshirt Freshman
Some of you know I was a moderator on Shadow’s board. I was in MIA late this week and I heard a few things from somebody who has been with UM athletics a long time.

FWIW:

1. Chaney was the dude before he got hurt. He if healthy is the workhorse. “Coaches think he is already the best back in the conference”

2. Jake Garcia has been even more than they hoped. Not good enough to unseat King but “he was wayyy further ahead on film study than they expected.”

3. OL will be the most improved part of the team. Top 25 unit in the country — exact words.

4. Diaz knows that lb killed the D last year. “The difference between a solid D and a game changing D”

5. JHH and Jon Ford are the keys to the
Line. If they “are competent, this is a good D.
If they make the jump this is a potentially great D”

Borregales has hit from 63 yds

Not much but that’s all I have

Advertisement
Some of you know I was a moderator on Shadow’s board. I was in MIA late this week and I heard a few things from somebody who has been with UM athletics a long time.

FWIW:

1. Chaney was the dude before he got hurt. He if healthy is the workhorse. “Coaches think he is already the best back in the conference”

2. Jake Garcia has been even more than they hoped. Not good enough to unseat King but “he was wayyy further ahead on film study than they expected.”

3. OL will be the most improved part of the team. Top 25 unit in the country — exact words.

4. Diaz knows that lb killed the D last year. “The difference between a solid D and a game changing D”

Pinning the hopes of this D on 96/81 is scary. My hope is that they are above average this season. That said, I think our defense is an okay unit - manny will have to outscheme folks and I’m not sure he can.

fyi I was a long time Shadow board poster - whatever happened to him?

Advertisement

FWIW:

#3 a nice dream and the standard should be top 5 nationally.

with that said, perhaps more realistic is "at least average for ACC".

Can Justice work that potent of magic?

Pinning the hopes of this D on 96/81 is scary. My hope is that they are above average this season. That said, I think our defense is an okay unit - manny will have to outscheme folks and I’m not sure he can.

fyi I was a long time Shadow board poster - whatever happened to him?

Merged to a new board. He pops in seldomly.

I'll have to see that level of o line improvement to believe it honestly but I can realistically see all the other areas noted improve

FWIW:

Thanks for posting this. Did you get the feeling that we are trying to add at least one LB in the portal?

Advertisement
With a healthy Donaldson and RIVERS I could see the OL taking a leap. The interior was the problem, and that's 2/3's of it. The Zion, Rivers duo on the left side looked promising.

Thinking must be that is penetration is key in the run game (for the defense and why 81 & 96 are so important) . Staff is probably pretty confident in the back end's ability to cover, but no secondary can cover forever. Need more pressure than just from the edge.

I think we are trying to get Lbs from bad to decent. I would welcome a portal transfer
If they wanted Gaeotte, you’d think they would have jumped by now. If I had to guess, he’s not viewed as a home run or even a triple so maybe they’re just waiting to see who enters the portal after the Spring fallout at other programs???

Advertisement
If they wanted Gaeotte, you’d think they would have jumped by now. If I had to guess, he’s not viewed as a home run or even a triple so maybe they’re just waiting to see who enters the portal after the Spring fallout at other programs???
A bunt single would be better than trotting out Jennings or McCloud again. He'll id even take a fielders choice over those 2

Advertisement

FWIW:

Kool; thx for the direct, non-hedging, clear, definitive info.

FWIW:

I used to lurk on Shadows board years ago. The private board still around? Had an invite a while back.

Advertisement
Back