FWIW, from someone who knows things

Man there's a couple of 'in-the-knows' handing out the Kool Aid today.

I enjoyed the Spring Game (until it got down to the walk ons, then it lost meaning) and was impressed with how the team looked (especially with so many out).

The whole "best QB room in the nation", "Top 25 Oline", "Chaney the best back in the ACC" talk is PRIME Diaz.

He's a hype machine - keep quiet and let them prove it on the field, Manny... and this coming from someone who's defended you for two years.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Great post. Good info. As for the defense, I noticed in your post that there was no mention of CBs, safeties or DEs. I interpret that to mean that those positions are good to go. Also, it is good news that if Ford and JHH are just average, and I think that they will be better, the Canes will have a good defense.

On offense, I interpret the comments about the OL and Chaney to mean that the Canes plan to run the ball a lot more than what we saw in the Spring game because they think they can be very good at it. They will also use the run to set up the deep passing game.

I agree that if Chaney stays healthy and is as good as we think he is, and if Rivers starts and Donaldson is also healthy and in-shape, the Canes can be one of the best offenses in college football

Advertisement
In terms of whomever might be the guy can we expect a similar talent?
You know what that was wrong of me to say , I shouldn’t of said no to Henry. He’s just not the name I’ve heard. Just because I haven’t heard the name doesn’t mean he’s not in play. I think they’d prefer somebody with more than one year of eligibility but Henry has never been mentioned to me.

Great post. Good info. As for the defense, I noticed in your post that there was no mention of CBs, safeties or DEs. I interpret that to mean that those positions are good to go. Also, it is good news that if Ford and JHH are just average, and I think that they will be better, the Canes will have a good defense.

On offense, I interpret the comments about the OL and Chaney to mean that the Canes plan to run the ball a lot more than what we saw in the Spring game because they think they can be very good at it. They will also use the run to set up the deep passing game.

I agree that if Chaney stays healthy and is as good as we think he is, and if Rivers starts and Donaldson is also healthy and in-shape, the Canes can be one of the best offenses in college football
Why do this post make me LOL....

Thanks for posting this. Did you get the feeling that we are trying to add at least one LB in the portal?

My sense is we are at minimum adding a couple of major pieces through the transfer portal before fall, at least one of those being LB. I think the the staff is playing those cards real close to the chest.

Advertisement

I enjoyed the Spring Game (until it got down to the walk ons, then it lost meaning) and was impressed with how the team looked (especially with so many out).

The whole "best QB room in the nation", "Top 25 Oline", "Chaney the best back in the ACC" talk is PRIME Diaz.

He's a hype machine - keep quiet and let them prove it on the field, Manny... and this coming from someone who's defended you for two years.
Nothing wrong with feeling and saying this, but add proving it on the field too.

Great post, Fire! Please post on here more often. If you ever chat with Shadow, tell him how much his board was appreciated. Good luck with the new one.

We need an MLB like we needed a QB last offseason. I'm assuming everything is quiet on a transfer until the blueshirt rules kick in and transfers can apply to 2022. Is that right? If so, I can't remember if Jarrid Williams was able to commit for the summer session 1 or summer session 2. Can't get here fast enough.

I know most didn’t like it but I loved that the defense was hitting hard. Not supposed to boom ur own teammates but I thought it showed a different mentality as a team from the last two season on D playing soft

Advertisement
I deleted about 10 posts many ahead of this one which started with one poster scoffing at him. This is one he posted in response to being sniped at which I failed to delete and so you are just seeing his response not the full picture. I’m deleting it now.
A public thank you is in order!! Why people would rather get into meaningless debates and/or not staying in topic, instead of contributing to Cane football talk, the very reason we’re all here, is beyond me.

You’re doing the Lord’s work!

Advertisement
A public thank you is in order!! Why people would rather get into meaningless debates and/or not staying in topic, instead of contributing to Cane football talk, the very reason we’re all here, is beyond me.

You’re doing the Lord’s work!
Thanks man and much appreciated.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but a transfer LB likely means someone who isn't starting at their current school, no? So, like, we're not looking at a flashy name like Tyrique was, or am I mistaken? Thanks.

Some of you know I was a moderator on Shadow’s board. I was in MIA late this week and I heard a few things from somebody who has been with UM athletics a long time.

FWIW:

1. Chaney was the dude before he got hurt. He if healthy is the workhorse. “Coaches think he is already the best back in the conference”

2. Jake Garcia has been even more than they hoped. Not good enough to unseat King but “he was wayyy further ahead on film study than they expected.”

3. OL will be the most improved part of the team. Top 25 unit in the country — exact words.

4. Diaz knows that lb killed the D last year. “The difference between a solid D and a game changing D”

5. JHH and Jon Ford are the keys to the
Line. If they “are competent, this is a good D.
If they make the jump this is a potentially great D”

Borregales has hit from 63 yds

Not much but that’s all I have
Wow. A whole bunch of nothing

biggest laugh was diaz saying(acknowledging) how bad the LBs were yet not getting one in the portal when a proven stud like the Tenn LB is there... lmfao I call BS

Advertisement
Back