Future Greentree Battle?

watched the first 4 minutes.

don't see anything that says he needs an offer in February of his Junior Year.

His transitions out of his back peddle are flat out poor. He can't play corner at a high level IMO.

His "highlight" film consisted of:

a taunting penalty on a mediocre play
a late and high hit on a QB where his teammate made an INT
a teammate leveling a kid across the middle

strange film.

Maybe a take as a safety... but I don't see all the fuss about offering this kid 12 months before LOI day.

Advertisement
watched the first 4 minutes.

don't see anything that says he needs an offer in February of his Junior Year.

His transitions out of his back peddle are flat out poor. He can't play corner at a high level IMO.

His "highlight" film consisted of:

a taunting penalty on a mediocre play
a late and high hit on a QB where his teammate made an INT
a teammate leveling a kid across the middle

strange film.

Maybe a take as a safety... but I don't see all the fuss about offering this kid 12 months before LOI day.

Not a CB, not a chance. Agree with Cash he is safety, maybe OLB prospect. A kid that physical that loves to mix it up should probably be a linebacker if he grows into it.

This kid is not a CB by any means. He will be a safety all the way & maybe an OLB. He is loose in his transition and there is very little technique there. He is even high in his back peddle. He is very physical and may project better as a fast OLB. His latest highlights list him at 6'2" 198lbs. Don't know if he's a 4.45 guy as listed or not but he is fast. His film is above average in my opinion only because of how physical he is. Reminds me a lot of Ray Ray Armstrong in his play.
http://youtu.be/UuGrOeHRRS0

Thanks for that Cash.

Kid is not a BCS-conference level CB. Safety at best, but I think there are better safeties we are after in South Fla. alone

I love the depth of the 2014 class in Dade/Broward. The DB depth is especially impressive.

i just do not see the hype with Quincy at all...nothing in his highlights say top notch CB. he is a D-1 player but people act like this is Revis who is not getting an offer or somethen

This kid is not a CB by any means. He will be a safety all the way & maybe an OLB. He is loose in his transition and there is very little technique there. He is even high in his back peddle. He is very physical and may project better as a fast OLB. His latest highlights list him at 6'2" 198lbs. Don't know if he's a 4.45 guy as listed or not but he is fast. His film is above average in my opinion only because of how physical he is. Reminds me a lot of Ray Ray Armstrong in his play.
http://youtu.be/UuGrOeHRRS0

Thanks for that Cash.

Kid is not a BCS-conference level CB. Safety at best, but I think there are better safeties we are after in South Fla. alone

I love the depth of the 2014 class in Dade/Broward. The DB depth is especially impressive.

We also seem to be in the early mix for some top notch national safety prospects as well.

Advertisement
i'm guessing he rocks 26 to rep Sean Taylor

heard his father went to the U

his high school has a former UM player coaching.

but he has said so much crap about not getting an offer from the U. maybe that's why he won't get offered

He shouldn't have to beg for a offer its obvious he wants to be a cane he would be a duke type recruit and recruit others from day one

Advertisement
16.jpg:large

this pic reminds me of something from Mortal Kombat. Fitting when you consider how south florida is a **** warzone of football talent.

pathetic film.. IIRC he attended 2 AG camps and was never offered. Dont see him ever getting an offer. We have offered a ton of CBs already.

If he's a legit 6'2'' 200 lbs I think he can easily be an olb with plus athleticism. With a big class, if we end up short on lb prospects I'd love to see him brought on as a high upside guy there

The guy has offers from LSU, Stanford, Florida, Auburn and Ohio State as a DB or CB but is not worthy of a BCS offer or Miami offer, el oh el. If Saban offers can't wait to hear the next excuse. "Saban is trying to get into University School, only reason he offered". I guess he is not RL3.

I hope Al does not do the same thing he did to Cooper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The guy has offers from LSU, Stanford, Florida, Auburn and Ohio State as a DB or CB but is not worthy of a BCS offer or Miami offer, el oh el. If Saban offers can't wait to hear the next excuse. "Saban is trying to get into University School, only reason he offered". I guess he is not RL3.

So OOS offers most likely based on star ranking and buzz means more than our staff seeing him in person multiple times and deciding not to offer?

Nice try.

If I remember right, Al was one of the first to offer Cooper.

Florida is OOS? USF? UCF? The only offers that matter are ? Al is the only coach that does not use the star ranking. Meyer(He probably does), Muschamp, and Shaw all go on Rivals and say who is a 4 or 5 star recruit so we can offer.

Advertisement

If I remember right, Al was one of the first to offer Cooper.

Luke said it was not a committal or some something like that. Somebody else on this site(Ithink) said Al screwed up with Cooper.

Just because the kid is a legacy doesn't mean he is deserving of an offer. His daddy wasn't a stud at UM and only came here when Long Beach State dropped their program.

Kid has been turning heads at camps for over a year. He's a legit prospect for sure.

Over a YEAR???...ITS BEEN YEARS...................he was a YOUTH FOOTBALL STAR.....add to it he played and friends with current guys we are offering now...Guys like Chris Lammons, Corey Holmes etc...those are guys hes played with since youth days...and they already got their offers.

Imma be honest i have no clue whats the hold up...every time ive seen the kid play he looked like a standout..hes a SAFETY...that has been playing 2 plus years at cb...He's the prototypical boundary corner for our scheme. His dad has been coaching hm up @ db for years..technique wise hes a beast..hes physical..has A+ size...He already has 28 offers.

Hes a cane lock..so maybe their weighing the options out..because they expect him to commit when he receives it...if he makes it out of the next al golden camp or through THIS spring eval with no offer...imma have to REALLY question who is evaluating our db recruiting.

Florida is OOS? USF? UCF? The only offers that matter are ? Al is the only coach that does not use the star ranking. Meyer(He probably does), Muschamp, and Shaw all go on Rivals and say who is a 4 or 5 star recruit so we can offer.

Nice edit.

Nice edit.

So is Florida out of state? Which offers matter? Does every coach besides Al offer based on Rivals star rating?

Advertisement
Back