Further Proof Kuligowski Sucked

rumph helped man land on the moon according to brock
Last year Brock caped for Rumph, Jarren and JT4, hence:

E022783B-20AA-43D5-B230-1A9B544A2158.gif

Who do you like for him to play Mother Bear for this year? I still like Rumph and I’m throwing in Pope.

Advertisement
He was a safety and WR why would coach kool be excited? It has been a great story for sure. Name some one else who was a WR and became a great D end. Miami saw something and it worked out. Great now how about finding some Rousseau talent at other positions.
Yes because Greg15 is the FIRST player ever to transition to a down linemen from high school...

TEs become Olinemen all the time... safety’s into LBs

TL:DR
newsflash kids can develop into better “money” positions

Ivins: "You don’t see that kind of move frequently, but I think Miami did a really good job selling him on that. From what I was told, (Craig Kuligowski) who was coaching Miami’s defensive line at the time, he wasn’t really a fan of Greg Rousseau. This was Manny Diaz and (now) co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda. They saw that length and said, ‘We gotta take this guy.’

Pretty good article, here's a link
From what I was told

So current UM coaches are fighting for credit.

This article is basically an assumption. First off, We don’t know if this happened. And we don’t know the true relationship between any coach and player. Bottom line is that Rousseau went to Miami and was recruited by Kul. You can’t dispute that

Craig, come on. Let's let by-gone's be by-gone's. You're at Toledo now and still hanging around Hurricanes boards. No animosity or ill will.

Let's just keep it moving, aye?

Advertisement
He is the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Toledo. So he must have done something right. And he had a top 10 defensive line at Bama. He produced the most talented defensive lines that Miami has seen in a while. We haven had a defensive line that good since the early 2000's. Also, coach Kul was known for his recruting
So you think going from bama to Toledo, still in an assistant coaching role, is a step up?

And it be THE SAME GUYS CAPING for Rumph and company..complete twilight zone.
So you going to sit here and act like kuligowksi is some trash coach now? He recruited guys at Missouri too in addition to the guys at Miami. He was helping recruit 4 and 5 star guys at mizzou like terry Beckner and kony early and then underrated guys like aldon smith who was a 3 star. Who cares if he wasn’t an elite recruiter, he still got quality guys and you already know what he does coaching wise. Recruiting is important obviously but give me a graybeard coach anyday who knows how to coach a unit up too and can bring in good talent. Development is key.

Last edited:
Kool was such a bizarre coach. I remember this past Miami vs FSU game I ran into Djack and we spoke about coach kool and he told me that Kool was the greatest technical coach he ever had and that he uses his drill and techniques coaching now. I think we can agree he had the right philosophy and principles in reaking havoc. Was such a god awful recruiter which makes no sense considering how good of a coach he was
I think this is fair. Great teacher of the position, but lazy and ineffective recruiter. Kul is the coach you want if you already have talent. Not the guy to go and get talent.

@gogeta4 can you confirm brockoli’s assertion in red regarding Nesta choosing Miami... or not so much?
No need to try and be funny all the **** time. Rumph was listed as the secondary recruiter on Nesta and he obviously has ties to him too being that he coached there. Didn’t say he was the key cog in him staying with Miami but he did help recruit him

Advertisement
No need to try and be funny all the **** time. Rumph was listed as the secondary recruiter on Nesta and he obviously has ties to him too being that he coached there. Didn’t say he was the key cog in him staying with Miami but he did help recruit him
Rumph definitely isn’t a recruiter. I don’t hold it against him when he can’t beat out the big bag schools but he loses often and the depth has been a problem.

Advertisement
Yes because Greg15 is the FIRST player ever to transition to a down linemen from high school...

TEs become Olinemen all the time... safety’s into LBs

TL:DR
newsflash kids can develop into better “money” positions
I think his point is specifically WR/s translating to the Dline..that transition is NEVER made...personally I can’t think a single one. You might ha e a kid whose a freak that in certain packages are thrown or handed the football in Highschool. But not full time...That tells you more about G15 athleticism out of HS. For him to have the ability to play those positions at 6-6 215..but it also makes u wonder WTF he was playing at those spots full time aslo lol...as for Kul, nobody saw this from G15 this quickly based on Highschool. Nobody. For him to athletically translate is not the surprise, but mentally to come in and after 1 RS year to do what he did..nobody saw it coming so soon

And it be THE SAME GUYS CAPING for Rumph and company..complete twilight zone.
C'mon Geta. We're discussing Kul not the other clowns. Their faults have been discussed. College coaching is a double edged sword. Is it a wrong assessment to say Kul was lazy on the recruiting trail?

C'mon Geta. We're discussing Kul not the other clowns. Their faults have been discussed. College coaching is a double edged sword. Is it a wrong assessment to say Kul was lazy on the recruiting trail?

Yup...But his group never underperformed....and he has a track record of production at his position. A ninja like Kul woulda had Patchan eating....it is just what it is with that.

Advertisement
I was very underwhelmed by Kuligowski. He may be some great technical coach (I didn’t see a drop off in DL play from 2017-2018) but you’ll forever be at the Toledos and Missouris of the world if you don’t want to recruit. You can bash Rumph and and Banda for recruiting all you want but our defensive backfield is full of former 4 star recruits down the depth chart. The only highly rated recruit you could possibly credit Kul for was Nesta. Miller and GR (who kul didn’t want) were projects. Ford and Garvin were three star local kids. Solid but hardly huge gets. Also taking the DC position at Toledo is a huge downgrade from DL at Alabama. I guarantee he took a pay cut. Maybe there’s a reason he was stuck at Missouri for all those years.

Advertisement
Back