Further Proof Kuligowski Sucked

Idk what I did to you. But if you want to say it to my face, I will buy you a ticket out to Beverly Hills and you can say it to me like a man. Stop hiding behind canesinsight.
You will buy me a ticket? You mean mommy will buy the ticket....also I’m not beating the **** out of a 18 year old. Especially one who mooches off mommy. Wouldn’t be accomplishing much.

Advertisement
I like to look at things from the numbers; let’s see if Kul is as bad as we are making him out to be, and we’ll compare to guys after him.

Of Course Manny was the DC from 2016 - 2019, so what I’m going to try to do is focus strictly on the DL units and their total stats:

2016:
J. Jackson: 7.5 sacks / 10.5 TFLs / 32 Tks / 2 FF / 2 FR / 1 TD
C. Thomas: 4.5 sacks / 11 TFL / 37 Tks / 1 FF / 1 FR / 0 TD
T. Harris: 3.0 sacks / 9.5 TFL / 25 Tks / 1 FF / 1 FR / 0 TD
RJ McIntosh: 2.5 sacks / 9.5 TFL / 47 Tks
D Jax: 2.5 sacks / 6.0 TFL / 28 Tks
K. Norton: 2.0 sacks / 10 TFL / 39 Tks / 1 FF / 1 FR
G. Willis: 1.5 sacks / 6 TFL / 19 Tks
C. Jenkins: 1 sack / 4.5 TFL / 11 T

In 2016, his DL combined for:
24.5 sacks / 67 TFL / 238 Tks/ 5 FF / 5 FR / 1 TD

2017:
T. Harris: 8.5 sacks / 10.5 TFL / 37 Tks / 1 FR
J. Jackson: 6.5 sacks / 10.5 TFL / 50 Tks / 1 FF
C. Thomas: 4.5 sacks / 12.5 TFL / 41 Tks
D Jax: 3.5 sacks / 7.5 TFL / 18 Tks
RJ McIntosh: 2.5 sacks / 12.5 TFL / 52 Tks / 1 FF / 1 FR
K Norton: 2 sacks / 6.5 TFL / 26 Tks
J Garvin: 2 sacks / 3 TFL / 9 Tks / 1 FF / 2 FR
P Bethel: 1 sack / 1 TFL / 18 Tks

In 2017, his DL combined for:
30.5 sacks / 64 TFL / 251 Tks / 3 FF / 4 FR / 0 TDs

Compared to Simpson
2018:
J. Jackson: 8.5 sacks / 14.5 TFL / 47 Tks / 2 FF / 1 int / 1 TD
J. Garvin: 5.5 sacks / 17 TFL / 60 Tks / 2 FR / 1 TD
G. Willis: 4.0 sacks / 18 TFL / 59 Tks / 1 FR
P. Bethel: 2.0 sacks / 5 TFL / 22 Tks
S. Patchan: 1 sack / 2.5 TFL / 29 Tks
D Jax: .5 sack / 2.5 TFL / 7 Tks

In 2018, his DL combined for:
21.5 sacks / 59.5 TFL / 214 Tks / 2 FF / 3 FR / 1 int / 2 TDs

Compared to Coach Stroud
2019:
G. Rousseau: 15.5 sacks / 19.5 TFL / 54 Tks / 2 FF / 1 FR
J. Garvin: 5 sacks / 9 TFL / 37 Tks / 2 FF
T. Hill: 4.5 sacks / 9 TFL / 27 Tks
J. Ford: 3 sacks / 3 TFL / 18 Tks / 1 FF
S. Patchan: 2.5 / 6 TFL / 33 TKs / 1 FR
P. Bethel: 1.5/ 5.5 TFL / 24 Tks / 1 FR
N. Silvera: 1 sack / 1 TFL / 19 Tks / 1 FR
C. Nnoruka: 1 TFL / 12 Tks

In 2019, his DL combined for:
33 sacks / 54 TFL / 224 Tks / 5 FF / 4 FR

Let’s take a look at recruiting:
Kul: J. Jackson, T. Martin, DJ Johnson, J Garvin, J Ford, N. Silvera

Simpson: Blissett, Harrison-Hunte, Cam Williams, Holley

Stroud: Williams, Moise

So here’s the overall observation:
Kul wasn’t as bad as we’ve made him out. Outside of Rousseau’s monster yr, we actually took a step back in production.

On the recruiting side, all 3 left/leave a lot to be desired. While true, Kul recruited four 4 star players, the fact remains he only recruited 6 guys within 2 1/2 cycles and 2 completely washed out of here.

Simpson only recruited one fringe 4 star player. Every other player is a 3 star guy

Stroud only recruited one 4 star guy, and a 3 star guy who may get moved to OL.

Maybe our problem w Kul is he was aloof and bounced on us right when the DL was clicking v. calling him a hack of coach, b/c his DL produced.

You will buy me a ticket? You mean mommy will buy the ticket....also I’m not beating the **** out of a 18 year old. Especially one who mooches off mommy. Wouldn’t be accomplishing much.
Dude who do you think you are talking to. I have said before that I am a middle aged man 😂😂. I am not this ST26 slapdick. If I was, don’t you think I want have gotten kicked out weeks ago. When you register for this sight, you have to provide your address before they approve you 🤡🤡🤡

Dude who do you think you are talking to. I have said before that I am a middle aged man 😂😂. I am not this ST26 slapdick. If I was, don’t you think I want have gotten kicked out weeks ago. When you log on to the sight, you have to provide your address before they approve you 🤡🤡🤡
@RVACane all I could do is laugh man. Axe this slapdick for using my word.

Advertisement
I was very underwhelmed by Kuligowski. He may be some great technical coach (I didn’t see a drop off in DL play from 2017-2018) but you’ll forever be at the Toledos and Missouris of the world if you don’t want to recruit. You can bash Rumph and and Banda for recruiting all you want but our defensive backfield is full of former 4 star recruits down the depth chart. The only highly rated recruit you could possibly credit Kul for was Nesta. Miller and GR (who kul didn’t want) were projects. Ford and Garvin were three star local kids. Solid but hardly huge gets. Also taking the DC position at Toledo is a huge downgrade from DL at Alabama. I guarantee he took a pay cut. Maybe there’s a reason he was stuck at Missouri for all those years.

Everybody wanted Jon Ford and Garvin committed early and shut down sort of was a find.

What are you going to kick me out for, disagreeing with you on Coach Kul? Like I have never interacted with you until this post came out yesterday. Your act like a women on her period
Oh we have interacted before. On your 3 or 4 other accounts. Next time how about waiting a while before you make a dumbass thread and argue with a good amount of people on here.

Oh we have interacted before. On your 3 or 4 other accounts. Next time how about waiting a while before you make a dumbass thread and argue with a good amount of people on here.
This my first ever account you dumbass. And I didn’t make this thread so you are wrong again

Advertisement
He sucks at recruiting, that's why nobody picked him up. Actually I think it's more he just doesn't want to recruit. I really don't know why the guy doesn't go to the NFL. No recruiting, just teach your craft and gameplan and be happy.

Not only is coach not the best recruiters, but the worst part is his d-line run defenses are not top notch. Many got fooled by the tfl's!

I wasnt that high on him either.

He came from a small school, didnt play big time comp...and he lined up alot at Safety and Wr. This board could attest to it...i was more high on DE from AH at the time. I didnt realize he could put on the weight he did in the short amount of time, thought he was a project at DE. Then i saw him face to face the spring he enrolled and instantly knew i was wrong. He was already big as **** and working drills in front of me kid looked like a dinosaur.

I thought you knew football, tsk tsk!

Not only is coach not the best recruiters, but the worst part is his d-line run defenses are not top notch. Many got fooled by the tfl's!
Yeah, it seemed like he mostly cared about DE’s and sacks.

Yeah, it seemed like he mostly cared about DE’s and sacks.

When he got bama, it was comical, cause nicky thought he was hurting us until they kept getting bulldozed. I told people almost as soon as he left, who cares, coach right knows what he is doing, he'll the right person in here. Those who consistently kept touting up coach kul as "the best d-line coach in college football" were morons and knew nothing!

Advertisement
When he got bama, it was comical, cause nicky thought he was hurting us until they kept getting bulldozed. I told people almost as soon as he left, who cares, coach right knows what he is doing, he'll the right person in here. Those who consistently kept touting up coach kul as "the best d-line coach in college football" were morons and knew nothing!
I don’t know much but I liked Simpson the best. I thought the all around play improved, especially against the run.

I don’t know much but I liked Simpson the best. I thought the all around play improved, especially against the run.

Exactly, simpson was just starting to make his mark, but I said coming in, coach stroud teaches better run defense, simpson taught better hand placement in the pass rush and used the d-tackles differently. Either of those 2 I'm cool with!

How was the 2018 d-line better?. We lost all four of our 5 rotational guys. Joe Jackson did not have a great year in 2018. He regressed as a player
How was that 18 dline? G Willis says hello lmao..that 18 defense overall was better imo

Advertisement
How was that 18 dline? G Willis says hello lmao..that 18 defense overall was better imo
You forgetting about Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, Norton and McIntosh. And how is Gerald Willis doing in the pros? Wasn’t he cut by the ravens

How was the 2018 d-line better?. We lost all four of our 5 rotational guys. Joe Jackson did not have a great year in 2018. He regressed as a player
You can’t be serious with this comment,how did joe Jackson not have a great year when he had career highs in sacks and tackles for loss with 9 sacks and 14.5 tfls respectively?

You can’t be serious with this comment,how did joe Jackson not have a great year when he had career highs in sacks and tackles for loss with 9 sacks and 14.5 tfls respectively?
He fell from a projected first round pick to a 5th round pick. He had more tackles in 2017. And he had 6.5 tackles in 2017. He has 8.5 in 2018. And let’s not forget he was basically the third option in 2017 behind Thomas and Harris. He was the number one guy in 2018

Kul seemed pretty good at Miami.

But it is pretty depressing when an assistant who seems good here gets fired after 1 year at Alabama. It’s almost like being good by Miami standards= being bad by Alabama standards.

Advertisement
Back