FSU looking at Willie Taggart to replace Jimbo

Advertisement
I'm a Willie Taggart fan since he brought USF back. I've seen some comments on here about how he was "2 games away from being fired" and it's nonsense. He endured growing pains at USF initially as he didn't have players that fit his system. Once he figured out what system would work for him, he started shelling out W's. He's a legit coach who has a track record of being able to make teams better and do it quickly. He is also an elite recruiter.

What I haven't seen anyone on here mention is that he's also a cut-throat business man. His last year at USF, he used the vacant South Carolina opening as leverage in order to get an 800k raise from USF. With what his deal is and how quickly Oregon has gotten significantly better (4-8 to 7-5 with the same roster and a top 8 class coming in), it would be no surprise to me that he would use this situation to leverage Oregon into a more lucrative contract.

Jimbo using A&M to get him and his asst. more money.Have a feeling he ain’t going anywhere...jmo

maybe so, but it's getting to be a tired act of his and they may call his bluff at some point. He just may end up going.

People get way too insecure about recruiting

It's only the most important aspect to winning games.

Do you think that Wisconsin has out-recruited Michigan over the past 3-4 years? I would venture to guess that they haven't and yet Wisconsin handled Michigan a couple of weeks ago. Coaching is far and away the most important aspect of winning games.

Advertisement
I'm a Willie Taggart fan since he brought USF back. I've seen some comments on here about how he was "2 games away from being fired" and it's nonsense. He endured growing pains at USF initially as he didn't have players that fit his system. Once he figured out what system would work for him, he started shelling out W's. He's a legit coach who has a track record of being able to make teams better and do it quickly. He is also an elite recruiter.

What I haven't seen anyone on here mention is that he's also a cut-throat business man. His last year at USF, he used the vacant South Carolina opening as leverage in order to get an 800k raise from USF. With what his deal is and how quickly Oregon has gotten significantly better (4-8 to 7-5 with the same roster and a top 8 class coming in), it would be no surprise to me that he would use this situation to leverage Oregon into a more lucrative contract.

He's also a Jimmy Sexton client, just like Jimbo. FSU will be "putting their foot down" just to get another guy that's going to pull the same crap every off season.

This makes me laugh. If you are scared of Taggert, just say it. Don't try to rationalize why it would be a bad move for him. LOL

If Taggert leaves, its bc FSU is 10x better job minus facilities and uniform combinations. This also means FSU doesn't give a f-ck about him giving the finger to Oregon.

Jimbo is a moron if he leaves FSU btw. A&M has more money and that is it.

your point is noteworthy but bring on taggart. Jumbo is a good coach and winning recruits itself.

I don't think taggart would be able to sustain the success that jumbo has had there and would fall off, allowing us to remain on top

I doubt Taggart leaves Oregon. He would have way more time to fix Oregon then he would FSU. Oregon fans aren't going to be demanding to be in championship contention by year 3 like FSU fans would. Not only that but he would basically be doing a Lane Kiffin move which could be career suicide plus it not like he isn't recruiting well. Oregon's class is ranked 6th right now. Not to mention, the PAC12 is trash and would be the easiest rout to relevance.
this is the truth! He made commitments to that AD. If he bounced after year one, considering the mess when he started, he would show ZERO loyalty to a program that STOOD BY HIM. He can't leave yet. I think they go for a Strong or Pruitt.

Advertisement

4-8 to 7-5 is not a great jump. Teams like Oregon should never be 4-8. Muschamp even improved on a 4-8 season

4-8 to 7-5 is “significant”? Lol.
And since when does it matter that Phil knight is the ceo of Nike and whether that plays a part in one Nike school taking a coach from Oregon? This is the dumbest crap I’ve ever heard. Yeah Phil knight is ceo and went to Oregon. College football is also a business and one has nothing to do with the other. Like Phil knight is gonna be offended and punish a Nike school? We have the dumbest fans.

And since when does it matter that Phil knight is the ceo of Nike and whether that plays a part in one Nike school taking a coach from Oregon? This is the dumbest crap I’ve ever heard. Yeah Phil knight is ceo and went to Oregon. College football is also a business and one has nothing to do with the other. Like Phil knight is gonna be offended and punish a Nike school? We have the dumbest fans.

no surprise you don't want to give the black man any credit. you're racist, bro.

Yea but UCF and USF will always have an advantage in those ****** conferences

Advertisement

no surprise you don't want to give the black man any credit. you're racist, bro.

lol weak af

lol weak af

exactly. smh

People get way too insecure about recruiting

It's only the most important aspect to winning games.

Do you think that Wisconsin has out-recruited Michigan over the past 3-4 years? I would venture to guess that they haven't and yet Wisconsin handled Michigan a couple of weeks ago. Coaching is far and away the most important aspect of winning games.

Bama, Ohio State, FSU, USC, UF, LSU and Auburn have recruited pretty great the last 15 years. What do they have in common? Wasn't Harbaugh considered a great coach?

Advertisement
What you’re writing is actually a bit uninformed. Though I can’t point to an example in football, there are documented examples of Nike steering coaches to certain jobs and removing them in other cases. Basketball and track and field come to mind and a few minor sports come to mind.

Duval, stop acting black. It’s played out.

Please. Maybe track and field. Not in college football is Phil knight gonna be mad because another Nike school stole a coach from Oregon. That’s dumb as fvck. Stop.

Advertisement
Back