FSU looking at Willie Taggart to replace Jimbo

Since when did taggert become some great recruiter of South Florida talent?

You only need to recruit the right one...like Taggart did with Flowers, Strong with Bridgewater, Jimbo with Cook, etc....you don't exactly have to clean up. So far His 2nd class at Oregon is on pace with what CK did there, I don't doubt He can do the same thing if He ends up at FSU...Richt bet'not slip!

Advertisement
I'm a Willie Taggart fan since he brought USF back. I've seen some comments on here about how he was "2 games away from being fired" and it's nonsense. He endured growing pains at USF initially as he didn't have players that fit his system. Once he figured out what system would work for him, he started shelling out W's. He's a legit coach who has a track record of being able to make teams better and do it quickly. He is also an elite recruiter.

What I haven't seen anyone on here mention is that he's also a cut-throat business man. His last year at USF, he used the vacant South Carolina opening as leverage in order to get an 800k raise from USF. With what his deal is and how quickly Oregon has gotten significantly better (4-8 to 7-5 with the same roster and a top 8 class coming in), it would be no surprise to me that he would use this situation to leverage Oregon into a more lucrative contract.

4-8 to 7-5 is not a great jump. Teams like Oregon should never be 4-8. Muschamp even improved on a 4-8 season

Muschamp never had a class like that coming in though. Taggart has one of if not the best class Oregon has ever had lined up. You have to account for that as well.

I get it but the toughest team they've beaten this season is 7-5 and they've also lost to a 7-5 and 6-6 team. Seven wins in college football isn't a special jump because you really do play some bad teams.

Not saying he won't be good but there's nothing here that says he's gonna be a problem

If they win a bowl game, they'll have doubled their win total from the previous year with the same roster in year 1. If you're a fan of that team, you're happy with that, period.

You also mention they lost to a 7-5 and 6-6 team like we didn't just lose to a 4 win Pitt team and Clemson didn't lose ton a trash Syracuse team.rhat has nothing to do with anything.

just to be clear, no miami coach would leave willingly to a middle tier SEC program

F FSU and that sorry a** program

Advertisement
I'm a Willie Taggart fan since he brought USF back. I've seen some comments on here about how he was "2 games away from being fired" and it's nonsense. He endured growing pains at USF initially as he didn't have players that fit his system. Once he figured out what system would work for him, he started shelling out W's. He's a legit coach who has a track record of being able to make teams better and do it quickly. He is also an elite recruiter.

You're absolutely wrong.

I know for a fact that he was on the hot seat at South Florida.

The guy has coached 8 years and has never won a conference title. ****, he's never even won a division within a conference. He also had losing records at both Western Kentucky and South Florida.

South Florida was a tire fire until Quinton Flowers saved them. Next year they'll regress to 7-5 when he's gone.

If they win a bowl game, they'll have doubled their win total from the previous year with the same roster in year 1. If you're a fan of that team, you're happy with that, period.

But whether Oregon fans are happy with progress has nothing to do with whether Taggart is actually a great coach.

He's never shown that he can sustain anything.

His best attribute is his timing. He knows when to get out of dodge.

Last edited:
Willie-Taggart-Get-On-The-Bus.jpg

But whether Oregon fans are happy with progress has nothing to do with whether Taggart is actually a great coach.

He's never shown that he can sustain anything.

HIs best attribute is his timing. He knows when he get out of dodge.

He took over an absolute abortion at usf and left them with that roster they have. He did a great job building that up from Skips abortion. Holtz literally gutted them.

Imo... Taggert is a very good coach , program builder . He's also a good recruiter , x/o guy. Very well respected around cfb.

Then again I don't poo poo every coach and call them a corch because they don't have national title or .800 win percentage.

I don't fit in here with the coach gurus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Taggart was on the All-22 coaches broadcast a couple years ago for the Bama-CU title game and said nothing to indicate he knows more about football than the average porster here. Even Horseteef McShark****er was able to provide regular insight throughout the game. If recruiting was all that mattered Zook would still be the HC at UF.

btw the most impressive coach by far was Narduzzi which shouldn't be a surprise after last week.

The guy has coached 8 years and has never won a conference title. ****, he's never even won a division within a conference. He also had losing records at both Western Kentucky and South Florida.

Stop lyin'.

USF won a share of the AAC East His last year there.

On the contrary, He had to extinguish the dumpster fire that Holtz started. Also, He took over a WKU program that was 0-12 the year before..."A text without a context is pretext".

Taggart was on the All-22 coaches broadcast a couple years ago for the Bama-CU title game and said nothing to indicate he knows more about football than the average porster here. Even Horseteef McShark****er was able to provide regular insight throughout the game. If recruiting was all that mattered Zook would still be the HC at UF.

btw the most impressive coach by far was Narduzzi which shouldn't be a surprise after last week.

And what was Narduzzi's record this year?

Stop lyin'.

On the contrary, He had to extinguish the dumpster fire that Holtz started. Also, He took over a WKU program that was 0-12 the year before..."A text without a context is pretext".

Holtz absolutely destroyed that program , he left a straight dumpster fire.

Advertisement

Stop lyin'.

"Won a share" lmao. He 'tied' for first with a loss to Temple who finished with the same record and represented their division in the title game. Your post is a reach at best.

About to see what WT thinks about FSU vs staying at Oregon. Ducks just offered extension that pushes his contract from $16 to $20 mil over 5 year before performance incentives.

Advertisement
taggart is overrated by folks who want more black HC's.... Kiffin has a more impressive turnaround going at FAU than any of taggarts

Stop lyin'.

"Won a share" lmao. He 'tied' for first with a loss to Temple who finished with the same record and represented their division in the title game. Your post is a reach at best.

Still waiting for the point you're utterly failing to make *****.

Dafuq does any of that have to do with Willie Taggart taking USF from worst to first?

I don't see anybody holding the fact that Urban Meyer finished 3rd in the MAC, or the fact that Saban finished no better than 2nd in the B10, over their heads.

Why Willie Taggart...can you explain that to me...*****?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back