FSU looking at Willie Taggart to replace Jimbo

taggart is overrated by folks who want more black HC's.... Kiffin has a more impressive turnaround going at FAU than any of taggarts

And underrated by racist b!tches like you who fear that a black man will clean up South Florida at the expense of your white gawd Richt.

Advertisement
It’s the uniform combinations... lol you’re funny
This makes me laugh. If you are scared of Taggert, just say it. Don't try to rationalize why it would be a bad move for him. LOL

If Taggert leaves, its bc FSU is 10x better job minus facilities and uniform combinations. This also means FSU doesn't give a f-ck about him giving the finger to Oregon.

Jimbo is a moron if he leaves FSU btw. A&M has more money and that is it.

your point is noteworthy but bring on taggart. Jumbo is a good coach and winning recruits itself.

I don't think taggart would be able to sustain the success that jumbo has had there and would fall off, allowing us to remain on top

I doubt Taggart leaves Oregon. He would have way more time to fix Oregon then he would FSU. Oregon fans aren't going to be demanding to be in championship contention by year 3 like FSU fans would. Not only that but he would basically be doing a Lane Kiffin move which could be career suicide plus it not like he isn't recruiting well. Oregon's class is ranked 6th right now. Not to mention, the PAC12 is trash and would be the easiest rout to relevance.
this is the truth! He made commitments to that AD. If he bounced after year one, considering the mess when he started, he would show ZERO loyalty to a program that STOOD BY HIM. He can't leave yet. I think they go for a Strong or Pruitt.

He took over an absolute abortion at usf and left them with that roster they have.

So did Al Golden at Temple.

Taggart has never sustained anything.

He comes in for 3 years, recruits some kids, finds a quarterback and then skips town before anything can turn over.

taggart is overrated by folks who want more black HC's.... Kiffin has a more impressive turnaround going at FAU than any of taggarts

And underrated by racist b!tches like you who fear that a black man will clean up South Florida at the expense of your white gawd Richt.

why does this board always become so political and racial? let's just talk about football guys. dm each other if you actually wanna have this conversation. I come here to escape that crap and posts like these p*ss me off

Imo... Taggert is a very good coach , program builder . He's also a good recruiter , x/o guy. Very well respected around cfb.

How is he a program builder?

The guy never sticks around anywhere long enough to prove himself.

Advertisement
Then again I don't poo poo every coach and call them a corch because they don't have national title or .800 win percentage.

I didn't call him a corch either.

I just don't think a coach who hasn't won a conference title in 8 years or has a losing overall record is that good.

You can't find many examples of great coaches who had a losing record this late in their career.

Stop lyin'.

USF won a share of the AAC East His last year there.

I don't lie.

Taggart has never won a conference title or even a division.

The team you think he "shared" it with (Temple) beat his South Florida team by 16.

Hence why they went to the conference title game and Taggart's team didn't.

On the contrary, He had to extinguish the dumpster fire that Holtz started. Also, He took over a WKU program that was 0-12 the year before..."A text without a context is pretext".

Al Golden took over an 0-11 team too and did better over a longer time than Taggart did.

Doesn't mean much without context.

Advertisement
Dafuq does any of that have to do with Willie Taggart taking USF from worst to first?

How could he take his team from worst to first if he's never won a conference championship? Or even a division championship?

What's more is that after falling short he bailed for another program.

I don't see anybody holding the fact that Urban Meyer finished 3rd in the MAC, or the fact that Saban finished no better than 2nd in the B10, over their heads.

Urban Meyer then went to Utah and won back-to-back Mountain West championships and went 12-0. He won 4 conference titles in his first 8 years as a head coach.

Taggart has zero.

Saban had a winning record at Michigan State.

Taggart didn't at either Western Kentucky or South Florida.

Advertisement
Record in first 8 years
Meyer: 83-17-0 (.830%)
Saban: 61-33-1 (.647%)
Taggart: 47-50-0 (.485%)

Outright conference titles in first 8 years
Meyer: 4
Saban: 1
Taggart: 0

Advertisement
Dafuq does any of that have to do with Willie Taggart taking USF from worst to first?

How could he take his team from worst to first if he's never won a conference championship? Or even a division championship?

What's more is that after falling short he bailed for another program.

Somewhat agree with you here, because He probably could've parlayed continued success at USF into a better paying SEC job.

Disagree because Meyer & Saban fell short but some don't hold that against em' when they took better jobs.

Disagree because Meyer & Saban fell short but some don't hold that against em' when they took better jobs.

Meyer left and went 12-0 at his next stop.

Saban was at the 5th or 6th best program (at best) in the Big Ten. He left and won a national championship at this next stop.

Taggart was competing with Navy, Tulsa, Temple, etc. and didn't win a conference title (or even play for one).

Saban was at the 5th or 6th best program (at best) in the Big Ten. He left and won a national championship at this next stop.

Taggart was competing with Navy, Tulsa, Temple, etc. and didn't win a conference title (or even play for one).

Neither did Holtz or Leavitt.

Taggarts last year was the first & only time USF has ever won 10 games, and the only time they either tied for or won the AAC East.

And again, He took over 2 doormats and made em' winners.

Neither did Holtz or Leavitt.

Taggarts last year was the first & only time USF has ever won 10 games, and the only time they either tied for or won the AAC East.

And again, He took over 2 doormats and made em' winners.
In slack conferences. Florida State is spoiled and if Jimbo were to fail next year without winning Atlantic they would probably run him out of there

Not sure taggart could compete with Richt and dabo consistently

Advertisement
Back