From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Advertisement
- Be skeptical of reports hinting that the board of trustees are voting on a potential AD candidate and then waiting on the final approval of President Julio Frenk. It is my understanding that the process will be Frenk and his advisors recommending an AD to the board of trustees, who are then expected to rubber stamp that recommendation. Again, President Julio Frenk and his advisors are making all of these decisions and they are not speaking to the media about candidates etc.

This is the part that sticks out the most, he’s saying that based on his understanding (meaning what he’s been told), that Julio, Fernandez & Echevarria are recommending AD candidates to the BOT & then the BOT will decide who the AD is, which makes sense because it’s simple logic that the guys paying for everything will call the shots on who gets hired.

So in that case, if we’re not to believe the names that have been leaked as the possible AD candidates, the the BOT is going to hire someone that most of us have not heard of or discussed.

He also said, to be skeptical of the names that have been leaked thus far, but that it doesn’t mean they won’t be in the Athletic department in some capacity, but that it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be AD either, although there is some legitimate smoke about Nuñez being the next AD & there’s a high probability/certainty that Zo will be the head of Football. Which is interesting, because that’s what’s been leaked...

So either Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD & Zo & Gino aren’t going to be in the Athletic department, or they are & they just haven’t finalized it yet. Maybe Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD but serve in some other capacity & maybe Zo & Gino will also.

One thing I think we can logically deduce is that Zo & Gino will serve in the Athletic department in some capacity, I don’t think there’s much question or doubt about that. What remains to be seen is if Nuñez will be the AD or some other title or possibly not even hired at all.

Point being, if we’re supposed to be skeptical of most if not all of the info leaked regarding the AD, then that means the actual hire should be someone out of left field that most of us don’t know or simply haven’t brought up yet. But if it turns out to be Nuñez then that means the leaks weren’t as inaccurate as we’re being told they are.

I’m 100% sure Manny will be fired, regardless of what anyone says, I think Mario is already a done deal, but I also think the AD search is where the real hold up is & the reason is because aside from the Blake Baker loyalists within the BOT there’s most likely a split over who to turn the program over to, meaning either give it to the former players or give it to a bureaucrat.

IMO the tug of War happening is over who will be more controllable.
Well said

I have zero inside knowledge (which is a blessing in this case) but we’ve been around the block

Manny is out and Mario is in is where I would put my money

- Be skeptical of reports hinting that the board of trustees are voting on a potential AD candidate and then waiting on the final approval of President Julio Frenk. It is my understanding that the process will be Frenk and his advisors recommending an AD to the board of trustees, who are then expected to rubber stamp that recommendation. Again, President Julio Frenk and his advisors are making all of these decisions and they are not speaking to the media about candidates etc.

This is the part that sticks out the most, he’s saying that based on his understanding (meaning what he’s been told), that Julio, Fernandez & Echevarria are recommending AD candidates to the BOT & then the BOT will decide who the AD is, which makes sense because it’s simple logic that the guys paying for everything will call the shots on who gets hired.

So in that case, if we’re not to believe the names that have been leaked as the possible AD candidates, the the BOT is going to hire someone that most of us have not heard of or discussed.

He also said, to be skeptical of the names that have been leaked thus far, but that it doesn’t mean they won’t be in the Athletic department in some capacity, but that it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be AD either, although there is some legitimate smoke about Nuñez being the next AD & there’s a high probability/certainty that Zo will be the head of Football. Which is interesting, because that’s what’s been leaked...

So either Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD & Zo & Gino aren’t going to be in the Athletic department, or they are & they just haven’t finalized it yet. Maybe Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD but serve in some other capacity & maybe Zo & Gino will also.

One thing I think we can logically deduce is that Zo & Gino will serve in the Athletic department in some capacity, I don’t think there’s much question or doubt about that. What remains to be seen is if Nuñez will be the AD or some other title or possibly not even hired at all.

Point being, if we’re supposed to be skeptical of most if not all of the info leaked regarding the AD, then that means the actual hire should be someone out of left field that most of us don’t know or simply haven’t brought up yet. But if it turns out to be Nuñez then that means the leaks weren’t as inaccurate as we’re being told they are.

I’m 100% sure Manny will be fired, regardless of what anyone says, I think Mario is already a done deal, but I also think the AD search is where the real hold up is & the reason is because aside from the Blake Baker loyalists within the BOT there’s most likely a split over who to turn the program over to, meaning either give it to the former players or give it to a bureaucrat.

One correction as it is written.. He states Frenk and his two amigos will present their AD recommendation to the BoT not a slate of candidates for them to choose. He expects the BoT to rubber stamp their recommendation. That appears to be very plausible.

It also explains the leaks. This is a huge process change and those that have had a say in the past don't. Also very plausible.

Now if new Guard money is paying for the AD then I'm sure Frenk's two guys are possibly keeping those flipping the bills in the loop.

Last edited:
That is not what Lake said. He state Frenk and his two amigos will present their AD recommendation to the BoT not a slate of candidates for them to choose. He expects the BoT to rubber stamp their recommendation. That appears to be very plausible.

It also explains the leaks. This is a huge process change and those that have had a say in the past don't. Also very plausible.
If they’re being presented with a recommendation to rubber stamp & they don’t rubber stamp the recommendation, what do you think happens next?

I know what he said, I inferred what he said with what’s most logical.

The BOT isn’t going to rubber stamp someone they don’t want & Frenk & his crew aren’t going to go ahead & hire someone that’s not rubber stamped.

The decision is being made by the BOT, Frenk & his guys aren’t hiring anybody that isn’t approved by them.

While reading this that was my thought. Shutting them out and upsetting them, but after they will rubber stamp his choice? Not sure about that one
Okay I'm officially confused now. Who is actually at the top of the food chain and thus in charge? Frenk or BOT? If BOT hires and fires Frenk, who gets rid of unloyal BOT members?

Sounds like Frenk is technically in charge but if his decision doesn't pan out the BOT can opt not to renew his contract, which sort of forces him to strongly consider the BOTs viewpoints/suggestions.

Also sounds like if there is a division among BOT members, if the "new guard" sides with the Prez and also finds success with the new course, if the "old guard" continues to resist, they can find themselves getting voted out...right?

Someone that actually knows how this stuff works please explain to us commoners...I'm a technology guy, so make it make sense lol

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think Mario will be announced over the weekend as long as Manny is let go by Friday.

Okay I'm officially confused now. Who is actually at the top of the food chain and thus in charge? Frenk or BOT? If BOT hires and fires Frenk, who gets rid of unloyal BOT members?

Sounds like Frenk is technically in charge but if his decision doesn't pan out the BOT can opt not to renew his contract, which sort of forces him to strongly consider the BOTs viewpoints/suggestions.

Also sounds like if there is a division among BOT members, if the "new guard" sides with the Prez and also finds success with the new course, if the "old guard" continues to resist, they can find themselves getting voted out...right?

Someone that actually knows how this stuff works please explain to us commoners...I'm a technology guy, so make it make sense lol
It’s like a corporation. The Board elects/votes in a CEO. The CEO is tasked with running the day to day operations of the company. The Board makes big decisions quarterly, annually, or by a special meeting (executive officers, budgets, changing/amending by-laws, etc.). The fact that Frenk, without Board vote, canned Blake, suggests that he can make hiring decisions as well.

Oh he knows he’s being played. He’s been at this long enough not to know.

It’s beneficial to him because he gets clicks. That’s 80% of media nowadays. It’s about the attention and not the truth.
Media reports what powerful people tell them to report. The notion of a truth reporting press died long ago.

Another way of saying this is the history books are written by the victors. It’s an old old saying.

Barry is a stooge, but this battle is not over yet. Let’s see how it plays out and what the story is in the end.

Advertisement
If they’re being presented with a recommendation to rubber stamp & they don’t rubber stamp the recommendation, what do you think happens next?

The BOT isn’t going to rubber stamp someone they don’t want & Frenk & his crew aren’t going to go ahead & hire someone that’s not rubber stamped.

The decision is being made by the BOT, Frenk & his guys aren’t hiring anybody that isn’t approved by them.
My experience is corporately. First they are not going to present a candidate that is so controversial that he is not going to be approved. Second the BoT as an entire entity is not going to undermine the President's recommendation. They might as well fire him or he might as well resign. Third the guys writing the checks have a lot of power and say. Money talks bull**** walks. Fourth I don't know the BoT bylaws but where does it state to has to be a unanimous vote?

Last edited:
Exactly. Why should I trust you David when you just said to not trust anything you read about this process? And lol at it not being a circus. A competent organization would have already fired Manny, hired Jurich, and told the search firm to go f their own face.
That last sentence should be in bold!

Advertisement

Maybe Nuñez is being interviewed for an associate AD position along with Gino and Highsmith to work under their appointed AD. All the reports were UM wanted to completely restructure their Athletic department. Maybe there are some big fish or competent AD they want to be the AD but are trying to build a team around them. Might be hopeful wishing on my end. But all the names being leaked are underwhelming to be the AD and none has signaled a revamp of Athletics in a major way. It will be interesting how it plays out. But generally speaking big moves are made in silence. But the Miami nepotism is so underwhelming.

Nothing to rubber stamp. The President appoints the AD, and the AD reports to the President. Not sure the BOT has input. Just like when Blake was fired. Some BOT members found out via social media.
But that’s the thing I mean. Lake says “Frenk and his advisors recommending an AD to the board of trustees, who are then expected to rubber stamp that recommendation.” So if French can just hire one, why say this? Seems like a little hedging to later say the BOT didn’t want a guy or something

IF there's a concerted effort by the likes of Epstein (and others) to completely undermine the school and Frenk himself then anything short of a purge of these clowns from any association with the school should be considered a massive failure and a dereliction of duty by our actual administration.
If they are tanking the school, I would expect Frenk to do his job. You can't have people acting contrary to the best interests of the University running said University.

I don’t think as many BOTs are oppposed as we think . As we know most don’t care and will most likely sign off.

Advertisement
Back