From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Advertisement
Advertisement
Be skeptical of everything, including this...

But then again, maybe not... 👀🧐🤔...
Exactly. Why should I trust you David when you just said to not trust anything you read about this process? And lol at it not being a circus. A competent organization would have already fired Manny, hired Jurich, and told the search firm to go f their own face.

Advertisement
They are right in the sense that it seems inconceivable that they bring back MD the way this is playing out. At best, he looks weak, which will only further impair recruiting and his ability to cobble together a staff. At worst (for him), it looks like they are running the clock out on him.

Excited Good News GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Advertisement
Been trying to say this over and over guys but be patient… don’t set your hair on fire over every little tweet..

2 days ago I said no extension for Lane or Mario is a good thing for us. None of the things happening in the last few days had any direct implications on what we are doing. We were never linked to Riley or Kelly..

My belief which I echoed tonight. The AD is named in the next couple days and sometime this weekend we’ll know if Mario is the guy… if not I think it’s Lane

Some quick notes tonight...

- If you want change, then you want things to stay quiet. That’s because Miami’s decision makers, President Julio Frenk and his advisors, are doing their best to move in silence. There are a lot of people around UM that used to be in the loop that no longer are (board of trustee members and people inside the Hecht building) and they are frustrated by being cut out of the loop and are leaking plenty of interesting information. Take it all with a grain of salt.

- Why would these people want to leak bad information? A combination of Blake James loyalists and Manny Diaz supporters don’t like the potential for sweeping change within the athletic department and there are some hurt egos amongst the board of trustees after they were cut out of the loop on the decision to separate from Blake James. By leaking false information, it makes Miami’s AD and potential coaching search look like a circus, which it is not. There is a plan, but again, former decision makers are upset/frustrated about being cut out of the loop—and quite frankly they are validating the decision to cut people out of the loop with all these leaks.

- Again, if you desire change, things being quiet this week is a good thing. The longer a move isn’t announced during the course of this week, it is a good thing because the event to have circled on the calendar is the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday night. Again, pay attention to things not being said: 1.) Miami officially announcing Manny Diaz is coming back in 2022. 2.) A big money extension of Mario Cristobal at Oregon. 3.) A big money extension of Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss. If we don’t hear any news in this regard through Friday, it is a good thing in terms of the potential for change.

- Be skeptical of any athletic director names that leak. I’m not saying that those names being leaked won’t be at UM in some capacity moving forward (and there might be some smoke to Eddie Nunez as the AD, but his name leaking out has me skeptical too), but Miami is using a search firm for the athletic director hire and when you use a search firm, not having names leak is a huge priority. The decision makers driving this decision want to keep things quiet.

- Be skeptical of reports hinting that the board of trustees are voting on a potential AD candidate and then waiting on the final approval of President Julio Frenk. It is my understanding that the process will be Frenk and his advisors recommending an AD to the board of trustees, who are then expected to rubber stamp that recommendation. Again, President Julio Frenk and his advisors are making all of these decisions and they are not speaking to the media about candidates etc.

- Let me state this again…if you want change, quiet is good. Each passing day in which official announcements (Diaz retention, Cristobal and/or Kiffin extensions) aren’t made is a good thing. Patience is required through this weekend and we will see where the chips fall.
All anyone needs to think about, is who is leaking info? The Herald sources are old BOT and current Athletic Dept long time employees. Frenk and his two confidants are speaking to no one. We r good!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back