From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Patke will be the new DC.
giphy (11).gif

Advertisement
Why is this Epstein guy doing all of this?
Because he, like many who get a lot of power, want more power, and cannot see past their own narcissistic needs. Even the guise of being a ‘good person’ as he demonstrates on his social media headline is just a way of needing to portray some illusory person so he can bury his self-absorption and further get away with it (rather than just coming out as a narcissistic demagogue or owning up to even being a sociopath (having no real conscience)). It’s no surprise that he markets himself as a moralist ‘do gooder’ in conjunction with all these sneaky snake like behaviors.

The social media age just reinforces these demagogue-types and it’s kind of frightening.

The only conclusions I have learned this morning
1. REO Speedwagon heard it from a friend
2. Covid results in an increased consumption of Fig Newtons.
3. Therefore, we may conclude REO Heard it from a friend that Covid resulted in increased Fig Newton sales.

Because he, like many who get a lot of power, want more power, and cannot see past their own narcissistic needs. Even the guise of being a ‘good person’ as he demonstrates on his social media headline is just a way of needing to portray some illusory person so he can bury his self-absorption and further get away with it (rather than just coming out as a narcissistic demagogue or owning up to even being a sociopath (having no real conscience)). It’s no surprise that he markets himself as a moralist ‘do gooder’ in conjunction with all these sneaky snake like behaviors.

The social media age just reinforces these demagogue-types and it’s kind of frightening.
Sounds like a wonderful guy.

Still not over? Dammit. Based on the speed and results of the last hire, maybe this taking more time is a good thing. Probably not.

Go Canes!?

Advertisement
- Be skeptical of reports hinting that the board of trustees are voting on a potential AD candidate and then waiting on the final approval of President Julio Frenk. It is my understanding that the process will be Frenk and his advisors recommending an AD to the board of trustees, who are then expected to rubber stamp that recommendation. Again, President Julio Frenk and his advisors are making all of these decisions and they are not speaking to the media about candidates etc.

This is the part that sticks out the most, he’s saying that based on his understanding (meaning what he’s been told), that Julio, Fernandez & Echevarria are recommending AD candidates to the BOT & then the BOT will decide who the AD is, which makes sense because it’s simple logic that the guys paying for everything will call the shots on who gets hired. Not Really!

So in that case, if we’re not to believe the names that have been leaked as the possible AD candidates, the the BOT is going to hire someone that most of us have not heard of or discussed.

He also said, to be skeptical of the names that have been leaked thus far, but that it doesn’t mean they won’t be in the Athletic department in some capacity, but that it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be AD either, although there is some legitimate smoke about Nuñez being the next AD & there’s a high probability/certainty that Zo will be the head of Football. Which is interesting, because that’s what’s been leaked...

So either Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD & Zo & Gino aren’t going to be in the Athletic department, or they are & they just haven’t finalized it yet. Maybe Nuñez isn’t gonna be AD but serve in some other capacity & maybe Zo & Gino will also.

One thing I think we can logically deduce is that Zo & Gino will serve in the Athletic department in some capacity, I don’t think there’s much question or doubt about that. What remains to be seen is if Nuñez will be the AD or some other title or possibly not even hired at all.

Point being, if we’re supposed to be skeptical of most if not all of the info leaked regarding the AD, then that means the actual hire should be someone out of left field that most of us don’t know or simply haven’t brought up yet. But if it turns out to be Nuñez then that means the leaks weren’t as inaccurate as we’re being told they are.

I’m 100% sure Manny will be fired, regardless of what anyone says, I think Mario is already a done deal, but I also think the AD search is where the real hold up is & the reason is because aside from the Blake Baker loyalists within the BOT there’s most likely a split over who to turn the program over to, meaning either give it to the former players or give it to a bureaucrat.

IMO the tug of War happening is over who will be more controllable.
'Rubber stamp', meaning BOTs typically don't "reject" a nomination but have the opportunity to weigh-in or state objections/caveats to candidates/contracts recommended by the CEO of the University. I don't believe Frenk really needs their "approval" to hire anyone but it's more of a ceremonial courtesy to allow all stakeholders to have their respective say. I know in banking & the business sector there are similar processes for bankers who sponsor financing products where they ultimately have the final say to approve a loan, but have to let partners from risk weigh-in as a matter of form and internal compliance.

nothing major but here's some of what David Lake said today:

- Continue to hear Miami is interested in the vision of pairing a traditional athletic director (whoever that may be) with an Alonzo Highsmith type of former player (whoever that may be) that would be under that athletic director and work as an intermediary between the football coach and the athletic director. If the head football coach wants resources from the athletic director, then it would be a Highsmith type that would work towards getting it done. There is a lot of smoke surrounding Eddie Nunez, the athletic director at New Mexico, and it is real in terms of him being a candidate, but it has also been reported by Manny Navarro of The Athletic that UM is still interviewing other candidates.

- This is my own editorializing based on some of the tea leaves I know…If Miami is able to make a presentation to Mario Cristobal following Friday night’s Pac-12 Championship Game, I have reason to believe he’d be pleased by the package and vision that UM would sell (I have already reported Miami is willing to dump much more resources into the football program over multiple years moving forward). Miami’s commitment to football and vision for the future is going to be much different than the commitment we have seen from the university over the past 20 years and it is believed the past won’t be an issue in Cristobal’s decision to leave Oregon. My sense is that it will be a decision based on whether or not Cristobal wants to leave a good situation he has built in Oregon. The ball will be in Cristobal’s court and I believe Miami is not going to look for any type of hometown discount. They are going to come with an enticing vision. What will Cristobal decide to do? Only he knows.

3. Therefore, we may conclude REO Heard it from a friend that Covid resulted in increased Fig Newton sales.
Cause and effect in action. That's science.

Advertisement
It seems pretty clear what's going on: we're all in on Cristobal. We will retain Manny until we have word, one way or another, from Mario.

The question is: what happens if Mario says no? Perhaps we move on to Lane. But the fact that we are still employing Diaz suggests that Diaz is the backup option and we're not gonna move on from him unless we land Mario, and perhaps, maybe Lane, if our search extends to him.

That's ******* awful. We should fire his *** and hire a new coach. If we don't land Mario or Lane, go grab someone else.

4. and most importantly with all this is as soon as you are able you just need to Keep On Rolling

We’re ignoring the fact that regardless of whether Mario or lane is landed That manure is not the guy and keeping him is doing more damage to the program. Fire him. Conduct a proper search with multiple interviews and vetting like a real school.

We’re ignoring the fact that regardless of whether Mario or lane is landed That manure is not the guy and keeping him is doing more damage to the program. Fire him. Conduct a proper search with multiple interviews and vetting like a real school.
will not happen until AD is announced. You can certainly question why the AD hasn't been announced yet... and I can agree that has somewhat been detrimental since it that is what is delaying the announcement on Diaz.

Advertisement
Apparently his ***** size is directly related to how much "power" he can wield. Frenk neutered him when he fired his boy Blake without asking permission. So now he's pretty much acting like a ***** because his decision to hire Manny has failed and he's being told to go sit at the kids table while the adults fix his mess. That's my take at least.

I'd imagine Lane will get a call if/when Mario says no. The issue then becomes, what happens if Lane says no?

Advertisement
Manny gets his 4th year.
Hopefully Manny has more pride than that. That said, for him to still be out recruiting with no guarantee in pocket shows me two things, 1) Manny is really a good guy and loves this program because most coaches would not be doing that and 2) the UM Administration/BOT/boosters is a room full of very rich people but all amateurs when it comes to things such as this. There is no way you should have Manny out there doing anything in the name of the football program if you plan to roll out the red carpet to Mario in the next 72hrs. No way at all. The optics are just absolutely cringe worthy.

Considering the amount of pushback there is from the old guard of the BOT in regards to turning things around and instead trying to keep the status quo, I have to wonder if Lane is even an option. His personality type would've never let him get the job for the past 20 years, can't imagine them coming around to it now.

Advertisement
Back