From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Tom Herman with Alonzo here to reign in his insanity but also not pester him like the Texas boosters and I think we’d be solid. Texas is cursed. But maybe so are we

Advertisement
Word should leak out Saturday I’d imagine. We’d know the for sure answer, UM announcement by Sunday. I’d be shocked if UM announced anything Saturday. Just my opinion.
Nothing will leak until the AD is in place and has had a chance to "evaluate" Diaz. That has been the company line. And if Diaz is as good as gone they'll still go through the motions of not having the new AD hire just fire Diaz a couple hours after getting the job. As much as people on the board can't stand him I don't think they're looking to embarrass Diaz any more than they are with this stringing along. So the longer this goes without the official announcement of an AD you can keep pushing back the Cristobal timeline. You've got two sides worried about appearances.

This dude Lake is starving to be relevant and this update tells me he has no clue what’s really going on.

Presentation to Mario….? If that hasn’t already happened behind the scenes then it’s never happening. …and I suspect otherwise.

Might be time for Lake to find new work… the gig is up. And homie is grasping at straws trying to provide a legit “daily update”..
if a presentation did happen BTS do you expect him to report it? a lot of what he's writing he has to publicize as his "opinion" even if he knows it to be fact.

Nothing will leak until the AD is in place and has had a chance to "evaluate" Diaz. That has been the company line. And if Diaz is as good as gone they'll still go through the motions of not having the new AD hire just fire Diaz a couple hours after getting the job. As much as people on the board can't stand him I don't think they're looking to embarrass Diaz any more than they are with this stringing along. So the longer this goes without the official announcement of an AD you can keep pushing back the Cristobal timeline. You've got two sides worried about appearances.
I agree. I’m assuming the AD would be announced by the weekend. JMO.

Advertisement
There's a new article by the Herald basically saying that a new coach may not be the answer. I couldn't get behind the paywall bit that's literally the title. Seems like the "journalists" are fine to continue to be used by Epstein. Embarrassing.

I agree. I’m assuming the AD would be announced by the weekend. JMO.
Let’s say an official announcement is made mid afternoon Friday. That’s a recruiting weekend and guys will actually be here on visits. Is the AD gonna evaluate and then fire Diaz mid OV weekend? Unless Miami gets a presser quickly scheduled would the AD fire Diaz before even talking to the media?

You get past tomorrow and the earliest any Mario hire would be made is probably this time next week. Don’t think Cristobal is gonna want to be seen as a coach negotiating for a job that another coach already has.

Let’s say an official announcement is made mid afternoon Friday. That’s a recruiting weekend and guys will actually be here on visits. Is the AD gonna evaluate and then fire Diaz mid OV weekend? Unless Miami gets a presser quickly scheduled would the AD fire Diaz before even talking to the media?

You get past tomorrow and the earliest any Mario hire would be made is probably this time next week. Don’t think Cristobal is gonna want to be seen as a coach negotiating for a job that another coach already has.
I’m honestly not sure. I don’t follow other school’s coaching searches enough to know if a coach has been fired during OVs.

I don’t think anyone thinks Mario hasn’t talked to Miami. No one will if he takes the UM job. His name is way to attached to this job to say I didn’t know they wanted me until Manny was fired.

Advertisement
I’m honestly not sure. I don’t follow other school’s coaching searches enough to know if a coach has been fired during OVs.

I don’t think anyone thinks Mario hasn’t talked to Miami. No one will if he takes the UM job. His name is way to attached to this job to say I didn’t know they wanted me until Manny was fired.
@TheOriginalCane @jps2344 @Cribby

That’s what I’ve been trying to piece together is the timing and logistics of all of this.

Piecing stuff together let’s make an educated guess a new AD us announced by Friday.

All indications are Mario is the target and talks have been happening very discreetly.

Is it possibly that Turnkey is handling both the AD search and Mario negotiations simultaneously considering that Miami has been without an AD for a bit?

If not Turnkey it would have to either be the UHealth Pres or Rudy Fernandez right?

I’m assuming these dominos are going to fall very quickly next to each other

Per Manny Navarro, Tuesday of next week is the timeline to have a new HC in place

Considering the amount of pushback there is from the old guard of the BOT in regards to turning things around and instead trying to keep the status quo, I have to wonder if Lane is even an option. His personality type would've never let him get the job for the past 20 years, can't imagine them coming around to it now.
He’s not.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @jps2344 @Cribby

That’s what I’ve been trying to piece together is the timing and logistics of all of this.

Piecing stuff together let’s make an educated guess a new AD us announced by Friday.

All indications are Mario is the target and talks have been happening very discreetly.

Is it possibly that Turnkey is handling both the AD search and Mario negotiations simultaneously considering that Miami has been without an AD for a bit?

If not Turnkey it would have to either be the UHealth Pres or Rudy Fernandez right?

I’m assuming these dominos are going to fall very quickly next to each other

Per Manny Navarro, Tuesday of next week is the timeline to have a new HC in place
Where are you seeing about Manny Navarro saying Miami will have new coach by next week? So Miami is definitely not keeping Diaz? That is great news if true.

Wait. Fig newtons prevent and cure covid???
6B6CA7C4-724C-4BD2-ADD2-DC6924A280EC.png

Where are you seeing about Manny Navarro saying Miami will have new coach by next week? So Miami is definitely not keeping Diaz? That is great news if true.

I asked Manny Navarro this exact question on a Twitter talk thing last night that DBC was hosting.

Manny N stated that per his contacts, UM’s goal is to have a resolution on the head coach no later than Tuesday of next week

Advertisement
I agree, I don’t think Mario would string along the school and some of the people in his corner if he wasn’t coming here. Unless he hates manny…
Ehh I really don't know about that logic. Mario is under no obligation to help UM with anything. He has a top 10 team on the brink of a conference title and major bowl. Would you want a guy who didn't have his front line priorities in order?

Advertisement
Back