From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Advertisement
LOL so nothing happening yet. if they haven't even talked to Mario (no one believes USC just reached out to Riley sat night) and even NDs AD admitted he knew Kelly was talking to LSU or others before it was announced, then woof good luck getting him. this is a deal that should have been done in terms of under the table conversations (and maybe it is done).

Advertisement
You all need to stop with the option of Manny coming back.. it's not happening...
you can't bring him back now. too much ugliness around it all. at least Helton finished w 1 loss or so during the covid season to give him 2 extra games

You all need to stop with the option of Manny coming back.. it's not happening...
But isn't the thought of it really exciting? I mean just look at how much we can complain at the mere thought of it being a possibility. What's not to love about that?

LOL so nothing happening yet. if they haven't even talked to Mario (no one believes USC just reached out to Riley sat night) and even NDs AD admitted he knew Kelly was talking to LSU or others before it was announced, then woof good luck getting him. this is a deal that should have been done in terms of under the table conversations (and maybe it is done).
I doubt that Miami’s people haven’t talked to Mario’s people. Maybe not Mario directly but I’d be willing to bet a large sum of money Miami and his agent have probably talked. No inside info just after seeing USC and LSU pull coaches from nowhere, Miami had to have talked to his camp.

I doubt that Miami’s people haven’t talked to Mario’s people. Maybe not Mario directly but I’d be willing to bet a large sum of money Miami and his agent have probably talked. No inside info just after seeing USC and LSU pull coaches from nowhere, Miami had to have talked to his camp.

I assume they did and im sure lake doesn't know the answer to that but we cannot be presenting a package to him friday night lol. it needs to be signed Friday night

Advertisement
I assume they did and im sure lake doesn't know the answer to that but we cannot be presenting a package to him friday night lol. it needs to be signed Friday night
I’d imagine they need to show him the vision in person before he’d sign. Which could be signed shortly thereafter.

Having a person (Highsmith or whomever) between the AD and the HC is called "unnecessary layering." Serves zero purpose other than slowing down communication and neutering the AD. Someone like Nunez, with no leverage, might agree to it but ... not a strong AD.

I’d imagine they need to show him the vision in person before he’d sign. Which could be signed shortly thereafter.

my point is that vision should have been shown. it needs to be announced this weekend and not him mulling it for a day with ESD coming up. I assume they've done and shown it all just havent told us ****. I also assume miami knows who their AD will be or combination of the same. not sure anyone really has concrete info (including mike fake *** Ryan trying to play insider). they're all getting trolled bc their sources know they're just gonna report it to twitter masses or radio audience.

nothing major but here's some of what David Lake said today:

- Continue to hear Miami is interested in the vision of pairing a traditional athletic director (whoever that may be) with an Alonzo Highsmith type of former player (whoever that may be) that would be under that athletic director and work as an intermediary between the football coach and the athletic director. If the head football coach wants resources from the athletic director, then it would be a Highsmith type that would work towards getting it done. There is a lot of smoke surrounding Eddie Nunez, the athletic director at New Mexico, and it is real in terms of him being a candidate, but it has also been reported by Manny Navarro of The Athletic that UM is still interviewing other candidates.

- This is my own editorializing based on some of the tea leaves I know…If Miami is able to make a presentation to Mario Cristobal following Friday night’s Pac-12 Championship Game, I have reason to believe he’d be pleased by the package and vision that UM would sell (I have already reported Miami is willing to dump much more resources into the football program over multiple years moving forward). Miami’s commitment to football and vision for the future is going to be much different than the commitment we have seen from the university over the past 20 years and it is believed the past won’t be an issue in Cristobal’s decision to leave Oregon. My sense is that it will be a decision based on whether or not Cristobal wants to leave a good situation he has built in Oregon. The ball will be in Cristobal’s court and I believe Miami is not going to look for any type of hometown discount. They are going to come with an enticing vision. What will Cristobal decide to do? Only he knows.

This dude Lake is starving to be relevant and this update tells me he has no clue what’s really going on.

Presentation to Mario….? If that hasn’t already happened behind the scenes then it’s never happening. …and I suspect otherwise.

Might be time for Lake to find new work… the gig is up. And homie is grasping at straws trying to provide a legit “daily update”..

Advertisement
my point is that vision should have been shown. it needs to be announced this weekend and not him mulling it for a day with ESD coming up. I assume they've done and shown it all just havent told us ****. I also assume miami knows who their AD will be or combination of the same. not sure anyone really has concrete info (including mike fake *** Ryan trying to play insider). they're all getting trolled bc their sources know they're just gonna report it to twitter masses or radio audience.
I get what you are saying. I’m saying if they given the vision to the agent and he’s relayed it to Mario, Mario already knows. They still need to show him before they finalize it. It could just be a formality. Riley played a game Saturday night and 24 hours later was USC’s coach. I’d imagine by Sunday AM we should know the final answer.

I get what you are saying. I’m saying if they given the vision to the agent and he’s relayed it to Mario, Mario already knows. They still need to show him before they finalize it. It could just be a formality. Riley played a game Saturday night and 24 hours later was USC’s coach. I’d imagine by Sunday AM we should know the final answer.

true. I believe Riley knew for a while he was going to USC. there are even talks about him recruiting for USC while at OU during the season. I think there was a recruit that said their DB coach was recruiting him to SC as an OU employee thinking he'd be gone with Riley. I know Kelly was "recruiting" while filming the LSU promo stuff haha. id imagine we already met with Mario but yes if we don't have an announcement or even smoke by Saturday were done here. I believe Nunez is the hire for AD along with Zo or Gino or both

true. I believe Riley knew for a while he was going to USC. there are even talks about him recruiting for USC while at OU during the season. I think there was a recruit that said their DB coach was recruiting him to SC as an OU employee thinking he'd be gone with Riley. I know Kelly was "recruiting" while filming the LSU promo stuff haha. id imagine we already met with Mario but yes if we don't have an announcement or even smoke by Saturday were done here. I believe Nunez is the hire for AD along with Zo or Gino or both
Swarbrick said he knew Kelly was leaving. These guys are definitely working back channels. It’s shady as **** but it happens.

Advertisement
Mario’s game is friday.

So if this list from the U website is all of the BOT members, how many actually have any stroke? I gather that a lot of these are just titles given out to donors so they feel like they're getting their moneys worth.

Chair
Laurie S. Silvers

Vice Chairs
Manny Kadre
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.

Trustees
Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain

Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope

Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana Veiga Milton
Alice S. Vilma
Jonathan Vilma
David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Ex-Officio Members
Devang Desai
President
Alumni Association

Ana Veiga Milton
President
Citizens Board

Maribel C. Wadsworth
President-elect
Alumni Association

Carlos Guzman
President-elect
Citizens Board

Kourtney Gibson
Immediate Past President
Alumni Association

Roberta L. Jacoby
Immediate Past President
Citizens Board

Julio Frenk
President
University of Miami

Emeriti Members
Michael I. Abrams
Adrienne Arsht
Jose P. Bared
M. Anthony Burns
Paul L. Cejas
Laura G. Coulter-Jones
Carlos M. de la Cruz, Sr.
Edward W. Easton
Gloria M. Estefan

Enrique C. Falla, Sr.
Alfonso Fanjul
George Feldenkreis
David I. Fuente
Thelma V.A. Gibson
Bernard J. Kosar, Jr.
Jorge M. Pérez
Fredric G. Reynolds
Eduardo M. Sardiña

Frank P. Scruggs
Steven Sonberg
Patricia W. Toppel
Gonzalo F. Valdes-Fauli
Marta S. Weeks-Wulf
Frances L. Wolfson
Thomas D. Wood, Sr.

Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Leslie Dellinger Aceituno

most of those people are not involved in making decisions. there is an executive board (composition of which I dont know) that makes the decision. probably a group of less than 10 people.

Advertisement
Back