From Barry Jackson article

Agreed...but to a point.

The best mechanic can only get so much hp out of a 4 cylinder engine.

With that said, EVERYTHING on O starts with the OL.

IF OL play can somehow improve ( I've been the skeptic who says the athletes just aten't there), then yes, all other O positions metrics will improve along with them with no actual gain in their skill sets.

Now, if the new O staff can magically teach and inspire gains across the O? Watch out Coastal in 2019 and Clemson is going to hear footsteps in 2020.

Go Canes.

The OL will have a lot to learn this spring, the amount of movement and motion will be night and day as compared to last year.

Advertisement
Rickety didn’t fail because of religious beliefs; he failed because he’s got lower testosterone levels than Jonny Weir and legit appeared to be a mummified corpse.

He was using an abacus in the age of the laptop and smart phone. My fear was that he was a bit soft to really lead a team all the way, I never imagined the game would pass him by THAT quickly

Advertisement
Once again, you HERD members are not happy if you're not attacking, *****ing and complaining about something UM football.

Who the **** cares what some nameless person said about...LAST YEAR'S TEAM?!?!

I get the HERD's frustration as the UM football program has had a few good months, which makes your hate filled sewing circles more of a challenge for you girls.

But, attacking Mark Richt after his stand-up actions and accomplishments, such as the Indoor Practice Facility, that will benefit recruiting and quality practices for decades, and walking away from millions of dollars that allowed for more cash to pay coaches, simply proves that hate is the HERD's oxygen.

I continue to believe that Manny's biggest challenge over the coming seasons will be knocking down all the hate, half truths, outright lies and manufactured negative rumors courtesy of the HERD.

Why haven’t you realized how ***goty everyone thinks your HERD schtick is?

🤷🏾‍♂️ He gave us an IPF and at one point we were the #2 team in the country but besides that utter shameful
ways richt was good for Miami, 1 he got Miami to pay power 5 going rate to coaches
2 he got us the ipf and the new dorms
3 he increased the talent level of team from 20 pct area of blue chip ration to in the 40s
did he run an out of date offense yes, did he become to stubborn unwilling to fire underperforming coaches yes. but he did some really good things for Miami unlike golden/Shannon duo

ways richt was good for Miami, 1 he got Miami to pay power 5 going rate to coaches
3 he increased the talent level of team from 20 pct area of blue chip ration to in the 40s
did he run an out of date offense yes, did he become to stubborn unwilling to fire underperforming coaches yes. but he did some really good things for Miami unlike golden/Shannon duo
Richt gets way too much credit. You act like he did the U a favor by taking 4 mm / year to not even bother try hard. Didnt fill the roster. Didnt use all the bowl practices. Just retired and pretended to be an OC which he wasnt good at and didnt do the HC job.

He did not improve our local recruiting, either. If anything, he had one good cycle and several bad ones. Golden got 5* kids in Duke, Howard, Flowers, C. Thomas and high 4* kids in Bush, Coley, Burns, Grace, Walton, St. Louis.... He also gave us joe jackson, willis, the LB trio, M. Jackson, Jaquan, RJ.

Don’t get me wrong, Alfraud Gluten was a disaster. But the myth that Richt was a lot better is just that. He got paid more and gave a bit of the extra back for the IPF (tax deduct). Overrated.

Advertisement
This has to be the most idiotic, self serving string of stupidity and contradictory sentences I've ever read in my entire life.

A steaming, fly covered, elephant sized, pile of drivel and pseudo psychological shiit if there's ever been one.

You know nothing, and that's being incredibly generous, about Richt's faith, motivation, reasoning, desire, relationships or thought processes..

STFU before you further embarrass yourself, if that's even possible at this point.
Agreed. Dunno why we can’t just say richt wasn’t a good coach here, and leave it at that.

That IPF was going to be built anyway. And not sure why you think the football coach was responsible for the master plan of the university, leading to new student dorms?

Oh and the BOT and admin decided to open up their wallets, not richt.

I was saying this for YEARS. Constantly attacked, called a troll. Was I wrong???? Searles & Jon Richt were garbage.
You were called a troll because you said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
in every thread both on topic or not as if you were some ******* genius.

Advertisement
I dont think stuck pigs chortle.

He was using an abacus in the age of the laptop and smart phone. My fear was that he was a bit soft to really lead a team all the way, I never imagined the game would pass him by THAT quickly
At his best 8 to 10 years ago, Rick was an average HC. He always managed a clunker or two.

At his worst last year, he was one of the worst, most hapless HCs I’ve ever seen. I almost felt sorry for him last year.

At his best 8 to 10 years ago, Rick was an average HC. He always managed a clunker or two.

At his worst last year, he was one of the worst, most hapless HCs I’ve ever seen. I almost felt sorry for him last year.

Putting record aside, I really think it's the worst overall job of being a CEO of the UM program I've ever seen, from play-calling, system, roster management, recruiting.... everything that goes into this...

Advertisement
Putting record aside, I really think it's the worst overall job of being a CEO of the UM program I've ever seen, from play-calling, system, roster management, recruiting.... everything that goes into this...
It was definitely the worst I’ve ever seen. Had he not officially retired (after actually being retired for the past 6 years), our program would have gone into a full death spiral. Fake Jimmy would have let him completely destroy the program. Can you imagine the toxicity level going into this season?

This is on F’ing point.

Think about the arrogance and stubbornness involved.

Insisted on being OC, ognored HC duties. Refused to change staff. Didnt bother fill the roster. Didnt use all practoces. Just wasnt trying, but still acted surprised when his plays didnt work. And didnt seem to know that every dc knew what he was goinng to call. Then blamed players....

Think about the arrogance and stubbornness involved.

Insisted on being OC, ognored HC duties. Refused to change staff. Didnt bother fill the roster. Didnt use all practoces. Just wasnt trying, but still acted surprised when his plays didnt work. And didnt seem to know that every dc knew what he was goinng to call. Then blamed players....

I spoke with Claude Jones at length a few days ago, and he echoed what a lot of former players were feeling as he told me that after the Pinstripe Bowl, he was done. I mean, he would still watch the games and maybe go to Hard Rock moving forward, but he was done with the shipRicht. And he went to Dallas for the LSU game, he still very much supports the program. But he was like a lot of us in how we felt about the state of the program

Now, he can't wait to go to spring practice and get all the behind-the-scenes access the former players do, and talk with Manny Diaz. He is super excited about the future

We both said in late November that UM was better off not playing in a bowl game because we knew how disastrous that would be. He and Quadtrine Hill said to me that the best part of last years home games was their section clapping along the cadence of our QB, lol. He said it was hilarious how predictable our offense was. And this guy was lucky enough to have Gary Stevens and Erickson offenses to play under

But yeah, that's why Im not holding back my enthusiasm for Diaz, because I know how I felt on Dec 27 through the morning of the 29th. Life is too short to be miserable all the time

Advertisement
Back